PDA

View Full Version : Division 5 Season Begins-------

RacinDuallie
04-15-2008, 07:22 AM
May 24th at Maryland International Raceway.

This is a Division 5 Points Race- Season Opener. Time to shake the winter blues and get ready for some racing action !

:woohoo:Are You Ready????:woohoo:

dzlfarmboy
04-15-2008, 07:47 AM
Maybe me and Chris can swing down for some runs that day, They have any 1/8 mi racingLOL

c-hawk
04-15-2008, 07:55 AM
Maybe me and Chris can swing down for some runs that day, They have any 1/8 mi racingLOL

You better get your NHRDA membership or your going to be sitting on the sidelines...

http://www.nhrda.com/Membership.htm

RacinDuallie
04-15-2008, 08:06 AM
You better get your NHRDA membership or your going to be sitting on the sidelines...

You will be able to purchase a membership at the event, but to get you into the Tech lines and Staging Lanes faster, you can purchase your membership on line, follow the linky provided.:Cheer:

dzlfarmboy
04-15-2008, 09:03 AM

Read the Sig..........better have your doors glued on, cause im gonna blow em offLOL

c-hawk
04-15-2008, 09:07 AM
Keep talkin cupcake... I'll tow that smokey dinosaur to the track, hurt your feelings in the 1320, and then tow you back home.....LOL

crzycowboy
04-15-2008, 09:34 AM
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo smack talk....YEAH...this is gonna be a fun season...:woohoo: I'll be there in May! Who knows maybe I'll bring a stack kit with 7" Aussie's to show off...:evil

rocracing
04-15-2008, 07:40 PM
28 days till MIR :cheer:*nx*:ft:

man i cant wait i got my flight, rental car and motel today i bet i get the farthest traveled award.

Talking to MIR they said they have had quite a few calls on the nhrda coming to town so lets rally everyone up and kick off the division 5 series with a bang

so who all is coming to mir to due some :stab: and see who's has the baddests trucks in the northeast

:cheer::Cheer:

jetta girl
04-15-2008, 10:28 PM
You boys are just lucky I won't be there in the Jetta. LOL :lolly:

Just kidding! Have a great time, and best of luck to everyone. :cheer::cheer:

crzycowboy
04-16-2008, 05:45 AM
I'll be there...:evil: and gettin' paid to be there...thats a great thing. To bad jetta girl won't be there....was hoping to see that jetta run...but then again, Washington to Maryland would be quit the haul...:doh:

RacinDuallie
04-16-2008, 06:32 AM
:cheer:It was inquired about a Dyno Competition at this Season Opener. We are in the process of finding out some particulars with the tracks involved this season. Obviously we have a set in stone Dyno Competition at TI Dyno after the Thompson Dragway event.

So we just may end up with an all out Diesel Powered Event Fest up in the NorthEast after all.:woohoo:

Oh we have this one other issue to work on obtaining...............

*SLED PULLING........

dzlfarmboy
04-16-2008, 09:03 AM
Well I've talked to Twisted Shifter when he inquired about bringing the Dyno down to MIR but nothing ever came of it??

RacinDuallie
04-16-2008, 10:12 AM
Well I've talked to Twisted Shifter when he inquired about bringing the Dyno down to MIR but nothing ever came of it?? That's probably because you needed to inquire to the NorthEast Division 5 Director (me) LOL I spoke with Chris (c-hawk) via PM and on the phone today. Hopefully we can pull the nessesary strings to make this deal happen.:cheer:

dzlfarmboy
04-16-2008, 10:23 AM
That's probably because you needed to inquire to the NorthEast Division 5 Director (me) LOL I spoke with Chris (c-hawk) via PM and on the phone today. Hopefully we can pull the nessesary strings to make this deal happen.:cheer:
I didn't ask him, he sent me a PM about what would it take for us to bring it to the MIR events......

c-hawk
04-16-2008, 10:33 AM
RD,

Thanks for the call.

Hopefully we can get this going, I think it would be a good addition to the events.

Talk to you soon.

Chris

crzycowboy
04-16-2008, 10:42 AM
:woohoo: now a possible dyno run....SWEET.....I'm gonna have to make sure I have anothe battery or a car charger for my video camera....

RacinDuallie
04-18-2008, 07:55 AM
Hmmmm rumor has it a sweet show and shine competition is being planned with a sponsor.........:cheer:

CumminNotRunnin
04-18-2008, 08:22 AM
If you can work out ur other issue of obtaining a sled pull and do have one i think this would be worth me coming down for ....

crzycowboy
04-18-2008, 08:46 AM
Hmmmm rumor has it a sweet show and shine competition is being planned with a sponsor.........:cheer:

Funny...I heard the same thing....I may have to do some investagating this weekend to see if this is a true rumor....:evil

crzycowboy
04-18-2008, 08:47 AM
If you can work out ur other issue of obtaining a sled pull and do have one i think this would be worth me coming down for ....

I'd like to see some sled pulls too...we'll have to see what 2009 will bring us though...I think....

RacinDuallie
04-18-2008, 08:54 AM
I'd like to see some sled pulls too...we'll have to see what 2009 will bring us though...I think....

Believe me, I have been bombarded with Sled Pull requests. Seems like just 1 hour East of me is a large Sled Pull population ready to drag a sled......

We would need a Sled Pull Director that is very familliar with rules and specs for the multitude of classes, cause honestly, I'd rather race- it's more familliar to me. But, we will not rule Sled Pulling out. It's just a matter of finding the right people to help get that ball rolling....... I know it would take off like wild fire up here too.......:Cheer:

crzycowboy
04-18-2008, 08:59 AM
Believe me, I have been bombarded with Sled Pull requests. Seems like just 1 hour East of me is a large Sled Pull population ready to drag a sled......

We would need a Sled Pull Director that is very familliar with rules and specs for the multitude of classes, cause honestly, I'd rather race- it's more familliar to me. But, we will not rule Sled Pulling out. It's just a matter of finding the right people to help get that ball rolling....... I know it would take off like wild fire up here too.......:Cheer:

With speaking with Randy, he has a good idea. Most of the NHRDA guys are drag racers, not pullers. His idea was if there was a pulling orginazation that wanted to be affiliated with the NHRDA, that is the route he would consider taking. In other words, the NHRDA guys will be there running the drag race show, and the pulling orginazation would run the pulling aspect of it. They would supply their own tech guys, enforce rules...things of that nature. I've told Randy that when it comes to Ohio and PA, I can hook him up with well know pulling associations. I think before the end of the year, the 2009 season will be 5x bigger than this year for division 5....:evil

RacinDuallie
04-23-2008, 01:34 PM
28 days till MIR :cheer:*nx*:ft:

man i cant wait i got my flight, rental car and motel today i bet i get the farthest traveled award.

Talking to MIR they said they have had quite a few calls on the nhrda coming to town so lets rally everyone up and kick off the division 5 series with a bang

so who all is coming to mir to due some :stab: and see who's has the baddests trucks in the northeast

:cheer::Cheer: I have been getting calls too, people are excited about the new Division 5 Point Series. :rockwoot:We are hoping to structure this Division and cement it's foundations for years to come.:woohoo:

I also have heard of several trucks showing up at their local tracks for testing- so all our competitors better put their best race game face together.
This year should be an exciting kick off.:rockwoot::evil:evil

:tree:

SKYNYRD
04-23-2008, 01:44 PM
i'll be down there for this one and hopefully a few more of the maryland DTR guys!

CumminNotRunnin
04-28-2008, 09:13 AM
RD,

Thanks for the call.

Hopefully we can get this going, I think it would be a good addition to the events.

Talk to you soon.

Chris

Just got my monster pump in a fresh rebuild looking to make a dyno run. Since there doesnt look like there will be a sled there a Dyno sure would make me come down to Maryland for the weekend...:poke:

getblown5.9
05-01-2008, 02:58 PM
Just got my monster pump in a fresh rebuild looking to make a dyno run. Since there doesnt look like there will be a sled there a Dyno sure would make me come down to Maryland for the weekend...:poke:

If you come down I will def have to make it down to shoot the breeze and see you dyno. :rockwoot:

RacinDuallie
05-07-2008, 10:20 AM
Ok hp heads- this just finalized:

TNT DIESEL PERFORMANCE will be on hand with their mobile dyno offering their services at a discount to ALL NHRDA members. @- 3 pulls for $65.00. Non NHRDA members will be charged $75.00 for their 3 pull session.

Who is gonna come down and spin the Highest HP ??

:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

crzycowboy
05-07-2008, 10:23 AM
Ok hp heads- this just finalized:

TNT DIESEL PERFORMANCE will be on hand with their mobile dyno offering their services at a discount to ALL NHRDA members. @- 3 pulls for $65.00. Non NHRDA members will be charged $75.00 for their 3 pull session.

Who is gonna come down and spin the Highest HP ??

:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

That is hella-cool....:woohoo: thanks TNT Diesel Performance!

RacinDuallie
05-07-2008, 12:44 PM
http://webmail.aol.com/36240/aol/en-us/Mail/get-attachment.aspx?uid=1.20607729&folder=NewMail&partId=7:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

CumminNotRunnin
05-07-2008, 12:52 PM
Wont be the highest but ill come spin them why not

RacinDuallie
05-07-2008, 01:18 PM
Wont be the highest but ill come spin them why not I'll be curious to see what type of numbers that Monster Pump does for ya.

Any grudge matches for Highest HP in the Northeast?

Who will rule Division 5 on the Dyno??

I also recieved word that there might be 2 Pro Street rigs coming down from Mass. to do battle......

Is it the 24th yet?:tree::woohoo:

CumminNotRunnin
05-07-2008, 01:29 PM
Me too duallie dont worry im pretty excited when u leaving to go down?

RacinDuallie
05-07-2008, 01:39 PM
The crew will be heading out Friday evening- shall we get get a convoy together for some shenanigans?? LOL

crzycowboy
05-07-2008, 01:50 PM
I'm heading out of Ohio on Friday morning, so I'll be getting into Maryland about 6pm I think. I have Jeff's cell #, so I'll keep him posted on my progress and pit stops...LOL

CumminNotRunnin
05-07-2008, 01:55 PM
idk if im going to be able to leave friday night maybe let me see what is happening .... what time friday evening and who is the crew

RacinDuallie
05-07-2008, 01:59 PM
Friday morning, hmmmmm. Perhaps we can meet up and steamroll into Maryland....

crzycowboy
05-07-2008, 02:08 PM
Yep, I'll be rolling out of here sometime between 9-11 am. Mapquest says the track is a little over 7 hours from Grand Rock to Track. The hotel we're stayin' at is only 20-25 minutes away from the track.

Noreaster
05-07-2008, 08:22 PM
I'll be curious to see what type of numbers that Monster Pump does for ya.
Any grudge matches for Highest HP in the Northeast?
Who will rule Division 5 on the Dyno??
I also recieved word that there might be 2 Pro Street rigs coming down from Mass. to do battle......
Is it the 24th yet?:tree::woohoo:

I only know of 1 PS truck from of Mass. Wonder who the other is?

RacinDuallie
05-08-2008, 06:31 AM
I only know of 1 PS truck from of Mass. Wonder who the other is?That is top secret information- I was told there is possibly 2 Pro Street trucks coming from Mass.

Can't wait to see em. !:rockwoot:

crzycowboy
05-08-2008, 06:45 AM
That is top secret information- I was told there is possibly 2 Pro Street trucks coming from Mass.

Can't wait to see em. !:rockwoot:

With all this "Top Secret" info around...pretty soon we'll have a CompD version of the "CIA" ....LOL LOL LOL

massdiesel
05-08-2008, 07:32 AM
We will be in town after 5 on fri night.Is their a test and tune at track or anything going on their fri evening.

RacinDuallie
05-08-2008, 07:36 AM
We will be in town after 5 on fri night.Is their a test and tune at track or anything going on their fri evening.

I'll find out and post back here !! Looking forward to see that rig Scott!:rockwoot:

CumminNotRunnin
05-08-2008, 09:12 AM
Yea duallie looks like i will probably be looking at leaving sat morning sometime.... unless i can talk Bgarafalo into going fri night

RacinDuallie
05-08-2008, 09:39 AM
Yea duallie looks like i will probably be looking at leaving sat morning sometime.... unless i can talk Bgarafalo into going fri night

*makes note to call Brian........:hehe:

crzycowboy
05-08-2008, 09:40 AM
I just need to know what time beer:30 is Friday night....as to make sure I adjust my cruising speed...:D

Robertp
05-10-2008, 07:58 AM
for some crazy reason i just caught wind of this! im franticly trying to get out of work on the 24th now!!! believe me if i have to call in dead i will! dont want to miss this one!!

RacinDuallie
05-11-2008, 06:06 AM
for some crazy reason i just caught wind of this! im franticly trying to get out of work on the 24th now!!! believe me if i have to call in dead i will! dont want to miss this one!!See you there Robert.

I made a bunch of calls to remind people, looks like a good crowd will turnout for the Season Opener:woohoo:

CumminNotRunnin
05-14-2008, 10:07 AM
Duallie dont think im making it MIR had some issues with the truck this past weekend and dont think i have it running satisfactory for the event like i need it too.Plus fuel took a 25 cent hike in one week at all the stations around me and i personally dont think i can foot a 300 dollar fuel bill to come down and make three dyno runs and one day of fun... Money is getting tighter by the day.

RAB 38
05-14-2008, 10:09 AM
I'll come down and hang out and make some runs, I live about 35 mins from the track, should be a good time

Signal 73
05-14-2008, 09:37 PM
Duallie dont think im making it MIR had some issues with the truck this past weekend and dont think i have it running satisfactory for the event like i need it too.Plus fuel took a 25 cent hike in one week at all the stations around me and i personally dont think i can foot a 300 dollar fuel bill to come down and make three dyno runs and one day of fun... Money is getting tighter by the day.

Its going to be a tough season all over the place. especially for those who tow their rigs. its between 4.39 and 4.75 around here:bang

RacinDuallie
05-19-2008, 10:00 AM
5 days away!!!!!!!:woohoo:

crzycowboy
05-19-2008, 10:13 AM
5 days away!!!!!!!:woohoo:

I know...I'm all jacked up about it.....

:woohoo:

RAB 38
05-19-2008, 10:22 AM
Where are you guys staying? I live about 15 minutes outside of La PLata, where most of the hotels are. Didn't know if anyone wanted to get together at one of the local establishments Friday.

crzycowboy
05-19-2008, 10:47 AM
Where are you guys staying? I live about 15 minutes outside of La PLata, where most of the hotels are. Didn't know if anyone wanted to get together at one of the local establishments Friday.

Sounds like a game plan to me! :woohoo: I'm stayin' at the Best Western off Crain Highway. I belive Randy, and Jeff are staying there as well.

SKYNYRD
05-19-2008, 11:11 AM
well the silver bullet won't be making it but i'll be there saturday to watch the races.

Robertp
05-19-2008, 11:26 AM
looks like i have someone to cover my saturday shift!!!! so ill be there sat!!!:rockwoot: see if i cant shift my rig into the twelves!!!

RAB 38
05-19-2008, 12:40 PM
Sounds like a game plan to me! :woohoo: I'm stayin' at the Best Western off Crain Highway. I belive Randy, and Jeff are staying there as well.

Is it the one in Waldorf or in La PLata? There are a couple of places to go and hang out and have some cold ones.

crzycowboy
05-19-2008, 12:45 PM
Is it the one in Waldorf or in La PLata? There are a couple of places to go and hang out and have some cold ones.

The Best Western in La Plata.

RAB 38
05-19-2008, 01:05 PM
The Best Western in La Plata.

Ok cool, we will have to hook up when you guys get into town.

crzycowboy
05-19-2008, 01:07 PM
Ok cool, we will have to hook up when you guys get into town.

Yep, We (Grand Rock) should be pulling in there about 2-2:30ish. After a 7 hour drive, I'll be ready for a good dinner and a couple beers.:Cheer:

RacinDuallie
05-19-2008, 01:16 PM
Yep, We (Grand Rock) should be pulling in there about 2-2:30ish. After a 7 hour drive, I'll be ready for a good dinner and a couple beers.:Cheer:Hammer down on Friday evening for me......:bang Keep the left lane clear for me.....:evil

RAB 38
05-19-2008, 01:21 PM
Hammer down on Friday evening for me......:bang Keep the left lane clear for me.....:evil

I work in La Plata, pm me with you info and we can hook up when you guys get settled in.

RacinDuallie
05-19-2008, 01:23 PM
We'll be at the same Best Western as Josh..... depends on the traffic from NYC/NJ area..... If I have a clear lane I'm using it LOL

crzycowboy
05-19-2008, 01:25 PM
Hammer down on Friday evening for me......:bang Keep the left lane clear for me.....:evil

LOL I'll be coming from the other direction, so you'll have to clear you own path...:evil which in that viper truck of yours, I'm sure that won't be an issue...LOL

I work in La Plata, pm me with you info and we can hook up when you guys get settled in.

I'll send you my info as well. Jeff already has mine, so I'm sure he'll be keepin' me filled in on his 10-20..... an I'll be sure to keep at least 1 beer cold for him...LOL

RacinDuallie
05-19-2008, 01:26 PM
LOL maybe I'll pic-message you my speedometer......LOL

crzycowboy
05-19-2008, 01:29 PM
LOL maybe I'll pic-message you my speedometer......LOL

GREAAAAAAAAAAT....that should make a good "How bad have you got it" commercial....LOL :hehe:

RAB 38
05-19-2008, 01:34 PM
What are the rules for racing? When do you have to have a helmet, drive shaft loops, etc. I am pretty sure I need a helmet but nor sure about any other saftey equipment.
Thanks
Rob

RacinDuallie
05-19-2008, 01:45 PM
NHRA rules for speed of vehicle...... We'll have rule books at the track

SKYNYRD
05-19-2008, 02:30 PM
well if i'm not putting my co workers boat in the water friday i'll come down and join you guys for dinner and a few drinks

rocracing
05-19-2008, 02:55 PM
What are the rules for racing? When do you have to have a helmet, drive shaft loops, etc. I am pretty sure I need a helmet but nor sure about any other saftey equipment.
Thanks
Rob

NHRA RULES

If you are running slicks you need a driveline hoop running 13.99 and faster

Running DOT tires you need a hoop 11.50 and faster

Helmut required if you run faster than 13.99

Also a helmut is required if riding with Racing Duallie:what:

RacinDuallie
05-19-2008, 03:13 PM
Also a helmut is required if riding with Racing Duallie:what:

Wait til you come to Jersey -slowpoke:hehe: PLEASE, rent something faster next time, my neck still hurts searching for you in the rear view mirror.....:hehe:

Truck has a bit more pep this time round too, with the badass SBclutch and headers and exhaust, cold air intake, and custom uploadable tunes..... :rockwoot:

Things get blurry fast now.:evil:evil

rocracing
05-19-2008, 03:17 PM

where is a good watering hole :Cheer: so we can all meet up at.

my flight gets to baltimore at 1:25 am sleep for a few hours and then it is drinking time:cheer:

RacinDuallie
05-19-2008, 03:27 PM
Also a helmut is required if riding with Racing Duallie:what: There is a funny backstory to that, ask Randy about our first day meeting each other........:hehe::hehe::hehe:

SKYNYRD
05-19-2008, 03:31 PM
racinduallie there is a helmet requirement when drinking with me! lol

RacinDuallie
05-19-2008, 03:33 PM
*make note to get seating near windows......

I'll have my camera ready for you window lickers LOL :hehe: LOL :hehe:

SKYNYRD
05-19-2008, 03:38 PM
nah i don't lick windows

crzycowboy
05-20-2008, 05:39 AM
There is a funny backstory to that, ask Randy about our first day meeting each other........:hehe::hehe::hehe:

I know the backstory...Randy shared with me yesterday...involved 130+ MPH, and ripping gears 1-3 through an intersection? LOL :hehe:

crzycowboy
05-20-2008, 05:40 AM
I'll have my camera ready for you window lickers LOL :hehe: LOL :hehe:

PLEASE....NO WINDOW LICKERS.....I'm tryin' to get AWAY from them geez....:bang

RacinDuallie
05-20-2008, 07:02 AM
I know the backstory...Randy shared with me yesterday...involved 130+ MPH, and ripping gears 1-3 through an intersection? LOL :hehe:hehehehe he told me he was pushing the lil jap suv at 75-80 mph and I pulled away like he was in park:hehe::hehe::hehe:

RAB 38
05-20-2008, 07:14 AM
where is a good watering hole :Cheer: so we can all meet up at.

my flight gets to baltimore at 1:25 am sleep for a few hours and then it is drinking time:cheer:

There are several different places we can go. One of the best places is called Casey Jones. It is right in La PLata and they have some outside seating and they have good food. Then there are the typical places, outback, applebees, etc.

massdiesel
05-20-2008, 08:13 AM
HOW FAR HOTELS TO THE TRACK???????????????iS THEIR RACING FRI EVENING AT MIR???????????

RacinDuallie
05-20-2008, 08:17 AM
HOW FAR HOTELS TO THE TRACK???????????????iS THEIR RACING FRI EVENING AT MIR???????????
:Cheer:

Scott, they run Street Legal Class on Friday nite from 6:30 til around midnite.

I was told the hotels are roughly 15 minutes away.

crzycowboy
05-20-2008, 08:24 AM

I was told the hotels are roughly 15 minutes away.

Yep, thats what the mapquest says, and the Garmon. Can't wait only 2 more days, till I leave. Hell this time on Friday, I'll be truckin' through PA....(sings "East Bound and Down")

RAB 38
05-20-2008, 09:07 AM
From the hotels in Laplata it is about 25 minutes to the track. They are having what they call midnight madness, basically street car night. However they are having the real street cars there as well this friday, which is a real good show. These are low 8 and high 7 second street cars on a 10.5 inch tire.

Maybe we can meet up somewhere for some drinks and food then head to the track?

massdiesel
05-20-2008, 10:33 AM
If all goes well we will be at the track staying in the truck and trailer and testing fri evening still have a few issues with a couple of componets.We are trying for this event

RacinDuallie
05-20-2008, 11:33 AM
Keeping my fingers crossed for you guys , Scott.......

RAB 38
05-21-2008, 09:28 AM
http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/weekend/USMD0232?from=36hr_topnav_business
Weather is looking good for this Saturday:Cheer:

RacinDuallie
05-21-2008, 09:29 AM
Can't wait!!!!!:woohoo::woohoo:

crzycowboy
05-21-2008, 09:30 AM
http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/weekend/USMD0232?from=36hr_topnav_business
Weather is looking good for this Saturday:Cheer:

KICK ASS...thanks for the weather up date.

RAB 38
05-21-2008, 09:34 AM
No problem. Should be a good day, does any one know about how many trucks will be there? Can't wait to make a couple passes with the 16 housing I put on and dyno the truck.

RacinDuallie
05-21-2008, 10:06 AM
Hard to tell til the staging lanes are filled. Everything is lined up for a great weekend and Monday being Memorial Day this weekend will start off with great weather, great friends and people, awesome trucks and a great time! !

getblown5.9
05-21-2008, 10:38 AM
well its two sided fun for me because MIR is also running a little F-body vs. mustang event along with the NHRDA event and I know a few of the f-body guys have cars that are street cars with radios, AC etc and will crack off high 8's then drive home. should be a ton of fun for me!

crzycowboy
05-21-2008, 10:40 AM
Killer...:woohoo:

RacinDuallie
05-22-2008, 06:31 AM
Royce Miller has an excellent track with M.I.R. should be a great day for hooking too......

crzycowboy
05-22-2008, 07:54 AM
This day can not end fast enough......:woohoo: gonna be east bound and down tomorrow by like 7 am I hope....

RacinDuallie
05-22-2008, 08:01 AM
Out the work door around 5p.m. then gotta stop by my crib for a few minutes, then hammer down......:woohoo:

crzycowboy
05-22-2008, 08:06 AM
Out the work door around 5p.m. then gotta stop by my crib for a few minutes, then hammer down......:woohoo:

You mean 5p.m. Friday...right.

RAB 38
05-22-2008, 08:11 AM
We should have an area at the track for all the diesel guys to park and hang out

crzycowboy
05-22-2008, 08:14 AM
We should have an area at the track for all the diesel guys to park and hang out

Well I think the hangout spot is gonna be the NHRDA tent and the Powerflow/Grand Rock Tent...I belive they're gonna be neighbors....and I'll have alot of shiny stuff to show people...:D

RacinDuallie
05-22-2008, 08:16 AM
Yes Friday at 5p.m. and I hear that the NHRDA/Comp-Diesel Booth will be the main crib at the track.:evil:rockwoot::rockwoot:

crzycowboy
05-22-2008, 08:19 AM
Yes Friday at 5p.m. and I hear that the NHRDA/Comp-Diesel Booth will be the main crib at the track.:evil:rockwoot::rockwoot:

Who's manning the CompD booth?

rocracing
05-22-2008, 08:34 AM
Well off to the airport in a couple of hours then atlanta for a 2 hour layover and then land in baltimore sometime after midnight. See all of you tomorrow night for eats and drinks. I have all the video stuff and will be looking for some great footage for the promotional video we are making for the Ohio event on june 28th.

This is going to be a great weekend especially since i am leaving 45 degree raining weather here in seattle and headed towards sunshine.

:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:: cheer::cheer:

crzycowboy
05-22-2008, 08:40 AM
Gonna be in the 70's all weekend....I cant wait...:woohoo:

c-hawk
05-22-2008, 08:44 AM
RD,

Do your best to make sure Royce gets us a decent spot to set up the dyno.:Cheer:

Looking forward to it.

Chris

RacinDuallie
05-22-2008, 09:04 AM
What time will the dyno be there? I might wanna put the Viper on it.....

c-hawk
05-22-2008, 09:06 AM
We are planning to get there around 10:30.

We should be set up and ready to roll before the gates open.

RacinDuallie
05-22-2008, 09:13 AM
Good deal, Royce told me if you have a stone guard then he will locate you in a good spot......

c-hawk
05-22-2008, 09:32 AM
We have one.... It's a big Coors Light banner. :hehe:

I saw you called... I will call you back first chance i get.

RAB 38
05-22-2008, 09:53 AM
I am looking forward to dynoing my truck. I have never done it before.

crzycowboy
05-22-2008, 09:57 AM
Gonna be a busy day man...thats insane! I can't wait...drag racing, dyno's.....holy poop, I better find a car charger for my video camera...LOL :bang

getblown5.9
05-22-2008, 10:24 AM
damnit i am gonna have to talk to someone about getting a sled pull set up for the next event at MIR

crzycowboy
05-22-2008, 10:33 AM
damnit i am gonna have to talk to someone about getting a sled pull set up for the next event at MIR

I think we still have time for that. The last event of the year is at MIR, and is a 2 day event!! That has a HUGE chance of being a big hit....:woohoo:

ctd8999
05-22-2008, 10:53 AM
Who's going for sure ????

getblown5.9
05-22-2008, 11:01 AM
I think we still have time for that. The last event of the year is at MIR, and is a 2 day event!! That has a HUGE chance of being a big hit....:woohoo:

i'll help where i can, im sure the hardest part is gonna be insurance?

if this can happen and is a success this year, maybe next year it can grow into a multi-day national caliber event. would love to have some heavy hitters travel out this way to race and pull!

Robertp
05-22-2008, 11:35 AM
i should be leaving home at about 9 am sat morning which will put me down in southern MD at about 10 time for some food then to the track!!! i will be there for sure!!:rockwoot:

crzycowboy
05-22-2008, 11:56 AM
Who's going for sure ????

ME :D :D :D

crzycowboy
05-22-2008, 11:58 AM
i'll help where i can, im sure the hardest part is gonna be insurance?

if this can happen and is a success this year, maybe next year it can grow into a multi-day national caliber event. would love to have some heavy hitters travel out this way to race and pull!

Thats good to know. I'm sure we can talk to Randy, and possible get something going.

Trainrobber
05-22-2008, 12:20 PM
wish it was a different weekend. Memorial day weekend is usually booked up for us. I cant make it to this one...:(

RacinDuallie
05-22-2008, 12:49 PM
wish it was a different weekend. Memorial day weekend is usually booked up for us. I cant make it to this one...:(Daym, I was hoping to see that bad arse truck of yours there, and meet you as well. Have a Happy and Safe Memorial Day.:rockwoot:

crzycowboy
05-23-2008, 04:48 AM
Well it's almost time to leave...I should be outta here in about a hour...:woohoo: then its off to the races....:D :tree: :st: :ft:

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

(just a little excited)

RacinDuallie
05-23-2008, 05:27 AM
YEEEEEEE-HAAAAAAAAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it 5 o clock yet????

Robertp
05-23-2008, 06:03 AM
getting close fellas!!!! i really dont feel like going to work today!! :bang but i will so i can have the truck cleaned for tomorrow!!! :woohoo:

RacinDuallie
05-23-2008, 09:21 AM
:frown: I just spoke to Scott at Mass Diesel. Sad news, he won't be able to make it as they tore up the injection pump. He was bummed out on not making this opener but assured me he will be ready for Ohio. Scott wished everyone good luck at the event !

Git r done Scott! And enjoy the weekend buddy!:woohoo:

Snedge
05-23-2008, 09:33 AM
Ummm. This is really going to be a nice weekend, and it looks like Saterday is a free day for me. I'm gonna have to say I might just make it.

RacinDuallie
05-23-2008, 09:39 AM
Nice !! Looking forward to meeting you Jeff !

RacinDuallie
05-23-2008, 10:45 AM
As a reminder the track is open tonight to ALL STREET LEGAL Vehicles, from 6:30 p.m. to around Midnite.

Randy is already there walking around.

getblown5.9
05-23-2008, 01:27 PM
for those going to the track tonight, you are in for a treat.

Going to be one crazy night! This Friday is the third Real Street race of the year! Witness these 7-second 190mph plus drag radial cars stand them on the rear bumper trying to get to the finish line first! Richie Stine has been unbeatable this year, and MIR has now placed a cash bounty on the notorious racer. Real Street drivers will be traveling up from Virginia and down from New York to take on Stine and the other MD/DC/VA Real Street racers in what could be a record setting night at MIR! Gates will open at 6:30pm, and trophy racing will start at 10 pm. Admission is only $10 to watch, or $20 to race your car or bike

These are the following drivers that will be here tonight!

Richie Stine NOS BB Camaro
Alex Vrettos Twin Turbo Mustang
Brett Hull Twin Turbo Mustang
Keith Matheson NOS BB Camaro
Joshua Knight NOS BB Camaro
Mauro Vitale Supercharged Mustang
Steve Drummond NOS SB Mustang
Glennie Buckler NOS BB Mustang
Timmy Gayle Turbo SB Mustang
Chris Little Turbo SB Mustang
Al Marlow NOS BB Camaro
Jimmy Simpkins NOS SB Mustang
Keith Dickerson NOS SB Mustang
Keith McLaughlin NOS SB Mustang
Ricky Fox NOS SB Mustang
Daniel Whetistine NOS SB Mustang
Steve Montgomery NOS BB Camaro
Sal Patel Twin Turbo V10 Viper
Jesse Lambert Turbo SB Mustang

getblown5.9
05-23-2008, 01:39 PM
also know of a local guy who will be bring his average run of the mill looking foxbody mustang on 17" wheels with drag radials that looks like maybe a 12 sec car...except it runs 8's.

and RD, if you bring the viper truck, that mustang vs. fbody event has a truck class you can enter it in if you wanna try to win some cash.

RacinDuallie
05-23-2008, 02:05 PM
and RD, if you bring the viper truck, that mustang vs. fbody event has a truck class you can enter it in if you wanna try to win some cash.

The Vipertruck is shined up and ready to roll...... damned timeclock... I'll be on the road in about 2 hours.

getblown5.9
05-23-2008, 02:13 PM
I'll see you folks tomorrow...will I be able to park in the pit area or wherever the tents will be? my buddy said that parking at MIR is nuts and that i'll have to park like a half mile away and walk in to the track

RAB 38
05-23-2008, 02:39 PM
It shouldn't be too bad for parking tomorrow, if you want to park in the pits you probably just have to pay more to do it.

RacinDuallie
05-25-2008, 08:58 AM
It was great to meet new friends and see old friends at M.I.R... Skynard, RobertP, RAB 38, C-Hawk and the guys from TNT Dyno, Metalman, Wade, TJ, Karl and Josh, Scott, CTD8999 and everyone else I might have missed. It was a great time for those who braved the holiday traffic and the holiday fuel prices gouge at the pump. Each event is another learning experience for me, it's something that I enjoy learning upon. Royce Miller has a quality track there and his facilities there is first rate. We are discussing our seasons points finals event already and the purse up for grabs will be a great attaction for Division 5 members.

Treesmasher had a great time at the event and he finally was able to see Metalman's lil Chebbie Rat Rod Smoker. I knew he would just fall over when he seen it and when he first spotted Doug pulling into tech he was hooked. Doug built that lil hot rod in his shop just for the hell of it and that lil 6.5 Chebbie smoker is stupid reliable, and consistent!!!!! ( I think Doug will listen to me the next time on the dial in- LOL I was dead on saying he should change that 3 to a 5:lolly:) At the first meet last year, in Jersey I told Doug he needs to get a turbo on that ratty, he said he would love to but finding an affordable one is the task, I donated a HX 35 just to get him going, what a suprise it was to see he had that puppy installed and his times improved!! Now I have my eye out for a lil better turbo for him. hehehe that lil rod is damned cool.

One of the guys from TNT snapped his output shaft off the line. It was a cringing moment to hear that snap when the shaft let go. I know that snap all too well and knew it wasn't a driveshaft like the announcers were calling it, I radio-ed the correction to them as we were running up to push the wounded Dodge off the line.

From the danged Holiday traffic to being raped at the pump, and the burned clutches and broken transmissions, I would like to personally thank those who came out to the event to brave those conditions. These great members we have are the reason why I volunteer my time on helping to build this Northeast Division. Meeting the new people and making new friends who share the same passion for diesel performance is very rewarding in itself. I move on to the next scheduled event with even more passion for growth. And it's folks like the one who showed up that help drive this.

Thanks to ALL who came out !

See y-all at the next one!! On to Ohio- June 28 !!!:woohoo:

RacinDuallie
05-25-2008, 09:06 AM
Also a helmut is required if riding with Racing Duallie:what: Looks like you left your helmet back in WashingtonLOLLOL When going for breakfast before the event, Randy jumped in the Vipertruck for the ride:badidea::evil:evil:evil:evil

Josh has video, and I won't admit to any shenanigans on the streets of La Plata, Maryland........:stab:

Treesmasher lived up to his name as he tree'd me at the stoplight-WITH A MINIVAN!!!:owned: but I ripped by him with the tires in protest:lolly:

Twisted Shifter
05-25-2008, 09:20 AM
Good Deal ............ Sounds like everyone had a great time ...........*nx*:ft::nos:

crzycowboy
05-26-2008, 07:07 AM
Good times for sure...I also got a pro-mod I belive on tape running 6.35 @ 220+ MPH! I'll post some video's shortly.

RacinDuallie
05-26-2008, 07:15 AM
Those Pro Mods sure had a hard time all day hooking up. It was great to finally see one of em hook and stay hooked all the way down the track.

My all time favorite class.

crzycowboy
05-26-2008, 07:39 AM
Those Pro Mods sure had a hard time all day hooking up. It was great to finally see one of em hook and stay hooked all the way down the track.

My all time favorite class.

Yeah those Pro Mods had some issues. Good thing I got that one on tape...:evil. I wonder how well the race went on Sunday for MIR.

crzycowboy
05-26-2008, 07:57 AM
Here is Jeff...um....well....I'm not sure what you would call it, but he did it several times....:hehe:

http://thumbs.vidiac.com/2e4a7b73-7e0a-47aa-80b8-9aa8009284b7.jpg (http://video.competitiondiesel.com/video/2e4a7b73-7e0a-47aa-80b8-9aa8009284b7.htm)Click here to see Video (http://video.competitiondiesel.com/video/2e4a7b73-7e0a-47aa-80b8-9aa8009284b7.htm)

RacinDuallie
05-26-2008, 08:41 AM
I'm like a dog, marking where I've been........

LOL LOL:hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

crzycowboy
05-26-2008, 09:00 AM
I'm like a dog, marking where I've been........

LOL LOL:hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

LOL ewwwww...:hehe: that's an interesting way to put it.... :hehe:

Signal 73
05-26-2008, 09:30 AM
them viper trucks are no joke!

BigB82789
05-26-2008, 10:05 AM
That minivan was no joke, it took that viper forever to catch him!

RacinDuallie
05-26-2008, 12:30 PM
That minivan was no joke, it took that viper forever to catch him!LOL The Viper likes to put on smoke shows off the line......

RacinDuallie
05-26-2008, 12:49 PM
them viper trucks are no joke! Off the line, it's hard to get her to hook, I suspect a rear axle housing change with smaller rotors is in order for drag racing, the smaller rotors would enable 16" wheels to fit ( I think there is 14" rotors there now and I'd have to grind the chit outta the calipers to even make 19's fit....).

Out on the open road lookout though cause she flat hauls. I won't admit to any shenanigans, but the roads on the trip were prime time awesome for high speed blasts..... Saturday nite on the trip home Treesmasher and I were boogying through traffic and I had some open real estate in front of me so I slammed the skinny pedal- I was roughly 1 mile ahead Treesmasher and he radioed me saying he could still hear the exhaust screaming:rockwoot::hehe::hehe:

Signature600
05-26-2008, 01:29 PM
I was roughly 1 mile ahead Treesmasher and he radioed me saying he could still hear the exhaust screaming:rockwoot::hehe::hehe:

Now that's cool!

Chris

RacinDuallie
05-27-2008, 04:53 AM
Pro 1 Bracket :

#4284 Wade Moody 2004- Dodge
#4283 Doug Brarens 1934- Chevy
#4408 Rob Brough 2005-Dodge

Pro 2 Bracket :

#4411 Todd Richards-2004 Dodge

Super Street :

#4382 Steve Bohatch- Dodge
#4399 Brett Schrader- Dodge
#4408 Robert Brough- Dodge

Pro Street :

#4284 Wade Moody- Dodge
#4283 Doug Brarens- 1934 Chevy

Qwickest Run of the Event :

* Steve Bohatch 12.11 @ 110.24 *

Best Reaction Time of the Event :

* Doug Brarens .064 *

:clap:

crzycowboy
05-27-2008, 05:40 AM
Pro 1 Bracket :

#4284 Wade Moody 2004- Dodge
#4283 Doug Brarens 1934- Chevy
#4408 Rob Brough 2005-Dodge

Pro 2 Bracket :

#4411 Todd Richards-2004 Dodge

Super Street :

#4382 Steve Bohatch- Dodge
#4399 Brett Schrader- Dodge
#4408 Robert Brough- Dodge

Pro Street :

#4284 Wade Moody- Dodge
#4283 Doug Brarens- 1934 Chevy

Qwickest Run of the Event :

* Steve Bohatch 12.11 @ 110.24 *

Best Reaction Time of the Event :

* Doug Brarens .064 *

:clap:

Congradulations to everyone who raced. You guys really put on a show. I over heard a few guys say "DAMN" when you tore up the track..:evil they must've thought you all were 16 second trucks or something :hehe: Steve's truck has been crazy fast everytime I've seen him race, look forward to seeing him out at Thompson. Doug, GREAT reaction time! You had that lil' truck hooked up. Hope to see everyone out at Thompson here in a few weeks!!

Tree Smasher
05-27-2008, 05:45 AM
i guess me and weedwacker mite have to show up in ohio maybe we`ll see

RacinDuallie
05-27-2008, 05:46 AM

Weedwacker :hehe::hehe::hehe::clap:

Tree Smasher
05-27-2008, 05:48 AM
was motherhumpin cool time in mary land glad to meet with everyone that attended div5 rules!!!!!

crzycowboy
05-27-2008, 06:25 AM
Weedwacker :hehe::hehe::hehe::clap:

Thank you Thank you.....LOL :hehe:

crzycowboy
05-27-2008, 06:26 AM

You'll have a good time Mike! If you can make it come on down.

RacinDuallie
05-27-2008, 06:43 AM
Congradulations to everyone who raced. You guys really put on a show. I over heard a few guys say "DAMN" when you tore up the track..:evil they must've thought you all were 16 second trucks or something :hehe: Steve's truck has been crazy fast everytime I've seen him race, look forward to seeing him out at Thompson. Doug, GREAT reaction time! You had that lil' truck hooked up. Hope to see everyone out at Thompson here in a few weeks!! Steve's truck was phat- running those times.:rockwoot: And Doug was killer on the tree and that ol hot rod was drawing people in all day, and he was CONSISTENT!!! Glad to see the times drop for him from last year with the addition of the turbo.:rockwoot:

RAB 38
05-27-2008, 07:00 AM
I had a great time racing and meeting all you guys. Can't wait for the next event and for next fall at MIR

RacinDuallie
05-27-2008, 07:06 AM
That's a clean rig you have there and those twins looked sweet also. Nice meeting you as well! See you in Ohio !!!!

crzycowboy
05-27-2008, 07:11 AM
I had a great time racing and meeting all you guys. Can't wait for the next event and for next fall at MIR

Nice to meet you too Rob, thanks for showing us Casey Jones...that place had some nice things to look at...if ya know what I mean...LOL I also agree with Jeff, you have a VERY clean truck....

RAB 38
05-27-2008, 07:21 AM
Thanks guys, we'll do it again when you come down in the fall

RacinDuallie
05-27-2008, 07:22 AM
Nice to meet you too Rob, thanks for showing us Casey Jones...that place had some nice things to look at...if ya know what I mean...LOL :bang I missed out on those festivities due to multiple traffic jambs and accidents on the way there.:banned: Thanks to Randy, Leonard and Josh for calling me and ribbing me about not being there yet. Josh inquired if I was driving a Vipertruck or a go cart.........:hehe::hehe::hehe: Darned naggin non driving tourists ! There was a 3 car accident with 2 of the vehicles up over the gaurdrail and that mess had everyone neck down into 1 lane......:kick:

RAB 38
05-27-2008, 07:27 AM
If any of you have video of my runs or pictures can you send them to me? Thanks

crzycowboy
05-27-2008, 07:38 AM
If any of you have video of my runs or pictures can you send them to me? Thanks

I'm sure your runs will be used on the promo video Randy is working on. I do have a few I took with my camera. I'll try to post those up later tonight for ya!

RacinDuallie
05-27-2008, 07:51 AM
We had our Official NHRDA Div. 5 Video Team (Jimbo LOL) on the roof of the tower, filming all the runs.

crzycowboy
05-27-2008, 07:55 AM
We had our Official NHRDA Div. 5 Video Team (Jimbo LOL) on the roof of the tower, filming all the runs.

Are we sure he was just shooting the runs, and not the hot mama's walkin' around? How much footage of the snack stand did he get? LOL :hehe: just kiddin' Jim is a good guy! But has picky taste in beer....LOL:Cheer:

RacinDuallie
05-27-2008, 08:05 AM
Are we sure he was just shooting the runs, and not the hot mama's walkin' around? How much footage of the snack stand did he get? LOL :hehe: just kiddin' Jim is a good guy! But has picky taste in beer....LOL:Cheer::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe: The look on that waiters face was priceless after he ran through the list of beers and Jimbo flatly told him : " So you don't have any beer?" :hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe: The boy likes his Guiness......

RacinDuallie
05-27-2008, 09:47 AM
How much footage of the snack stand did he get? LOL :hehe: just kiddin' Jim is a good guy! But has picky taste in beer....LOL:Cheer: Hehehehe I showed him your post.....:owned::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe: Even lil Weedwacker was crackin on Jimbo at the event, when the announcer talked about the Angus Beef Burger being sold at the concessions stand.:hehe::hehe::hehe:

crzycowboy
05-27-2008, 09:52 AM
Hehehehe I showed him your post.....:owned::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe: Even lil Weedwacker was crackin on Jimbo at the event, when the announcer talked about the Angus Beef Burger being sold at the concessions stand.:hehe::hehe::hehe:

:hehe: Nice....I hope he know's I was only jokin' with him....I mean he was giving me a hard time about driving a Ford...:shake: so a little pay back is due...LOL lil' Weedwacker...you guys like that name don't ya. The way he was talkin' to Mike about getting that jr. Dragster...LOL it was fitting.... Wonder if you guys could build him a jr. RatRod....LOL :evil now THAT would be sweet....

RacinDuallie
05-27-2008, 09:59 AM
Don't get me started on Weedwacker. He has always been around us working in the shop...... He is a good helper.

SKYNYRD
05-27-2008, 10:05 AM
well hopefully jimbo got plenty of footage of that chick in the bikini top that was walking around!

crzycowboy
05-27-2008, 10:12 AM
Don't get me started on Weedwacker. He has always been around us working in the shop...... He is a good helper.

Weedwacker seems like a good kid...except for the lil' mis-hap at the reasturant, but a good kid. I see you and your bro are teaching him the ways of the wrench...:hehe: good deal! :rockwoot:

crzycowboy
05-27-2008, 10:12 AM
well hopefully jimbo got plenty of footage of that chick in the bikini top that was walking around!

If he did, RANDY better be emailing me the footage...LOL along with the snap shot you got...:evil

SKYNYRD
05-27-2008, 10:49 AM
Weedwacker seems like a good kid...except for the lil' mis-hap at the reasturant, but a good kid. I see you and your bro are teaching him the ways of the wrench...:hehe: good deal! :rockwoot:

i also got some good shots of weedwacker behind the wheel of doug's '34 truck so randy needs to hurry up and get those pictures and videos posted!

TKC2000
05-27-2008, 01:28 PM
It was nice meeting everyone there at MIR. I'm glad I was talked into running instead of dyno'ing. I had more fun that way. First time out and I come away with a win....might have been the only one in the bracket but a win is a win :rockwoot:

And I don't care what ya'll say about Jimbo, anyone that likes Guiness is OK with me. :Cheer:

crzycowboy
05-27-2008, 01:34 PM
It was nice meeting everyone there at MIR. I'm glad I was talked into running instead of dyno'ing. I had more fun that way. First time out and I come away with a win....might have been the only one in the bracket but a win is a win :rockwoot:

And I don't care what ya'll say about Jimbo, anyone that likes Guiness is OK with me. :Cheer:

LOL it was nice to meet you too! Like you said a win is a win.

jetta girl
05-27-2008, 03:54 PM

Congrats on your win :rockwoot:

What bracket were you in?

CumminNotRunnin
05-27-2008, 04:25 PM
What was the highest horsepower put down out there?

ctd8999
05-27-2008, 05:23 PM
Highest # put down ???? It was a pretty poor turn - out. The TnT guys dynoed -------- ONE -------- CAR !!!! The DRAG RACE end was almost as BAD. I seen more DIESEL TRUCKS at a fuel stop along the way. It may have been fun but when you drive unteen miles if an event with no turn out it kinda SUCKS. Just my $.02. Steve B.

SKYNYRD
05-27-2008, 08:09 PM
well it was memorial day weekend so alot of people had plans and parties
already.

crzycowboy
05-27-2008, 08:41 PM
well it was memorial day weekend so alot of people had plans and parties
already.

This is true. I think we all would've liked to seen more trucks, but giving the weekend it was, the first time the NHRDA was there, it doesn't surprise me the turn out we had. Especially since there is a big rig diesel race this coming weekend there. Each event will get better, an I'm sure the final event which is a national event, with double points awarded, will be a better turn out!

RacinDuallie
05-28-2008, 04:42 AM
Highest # put down ???? It was a pretty poor turn - out. The TnT guys dynoed -------- ONE -------- CAR !!!! The DRAG RACE end was almost as BAD. I seen more DIESEL TRUCKS at a fuel stop along the way. It may have been fun but when you drive unteen miles if an event with no turn out it kinda SUCKS. Just my $.02. Steve B. Steve, I along with the other NHRDA volunteers drove down from Jersey sat in that danged holiday traffic and helped put on the event, on our own dime mind you, no matter how many trucks showed up ! Steve- would I have loved for a huge turnout?- you bet your azz I woulda ! Look at the "special" Holiday pricing at the fuel pumps= GOUGE ! The Holiday itself, many people plan that day to be with the most important part of their lives, that being their families, so it is very understandable to me the low numbers for the turnout that we had. That was the day that M.I.R. had available for us- do we take a chance or refuse that day? We took a chance, and for the trucks and racers that DID show up we were there to give them racing. To say it wasn't a learning experience would be putting it mildly. Josh and Karl drove all the way in from Ohio to set up their display, TNT Dyno dragged in their dyno (2 hour drive) Randy flew in from Washington State, so we were all collectively rolling the dice with the anticipation of a good turnout..... The racers that ran collected their points for the Points Series, collected any Contingencies, and were awarded really nice trophies- and we move on to the next event ( which is NOT on a Holiday )...... The NHRDA is not abandoning the North East, we are building this Division for the long term. With each event we learn.......:Cheer:

massdiesel
05-28-2008, 05:36 AM
Nice Post:cheer::Cheer:

crzycowboy
05-28-2008, 06:57 AM
Steve, I along with the other NHRDA volunteers drove down from Jersey sat in that danged holiday traffic and helped put on the event, on our own dime mind you, no matter how many trucks showed up ! Steve- would I have loved for a huge turnout?- you bet your azz I woulda ! Look at the "special" Holiday pricing at the fuel pumps= GOUGE ! The Holiday itself, many people plan that day to be with the most important part of their lives, that being their families, so it is very understandable to me the low numbers for the turnout that we had. That was the day that M.I.R. had available for us- do we take a chance or refuse that day? We took a chance, and for the trucks and racers that DID show up we were there to give them racing. To say it wasn't a learning experience would be putting it mildly. Josh and Karl drove all the way in from Ohio to set up their display, TNT Dyno dragged in their dyno (2 hour drive) Randy flew in from Washington State, so we were all collectively rolling the dice with the anticipation of a good turnout..... The racers that ran collected their points for the Points Series, collected any Contingencies, and were awarded really nice trophies- and we move on to the next event ( which is NOT on a Holiday )...... The NHRDA is not abandoning the North East, we are building this Division for the long term. With each event we learn.......:Cheer:

:clap::clap: Well said Jeff. Carl (spelled with a "C" not a "K" Jeff) an I drove over 7 hours hoping for a good day. It was sunny and 70* out....that was a good day. Like I said before, an I know Randy and Jeff both feel the same way, each event will get a little bigger, and better. Sooner or later it will be just as big as the Division 1 races IMO. At any rate, it was nice to meet some new people, and see you again Steve, I still think you have one of the quickest Dodges around us in your class.

TKC2000
05-28-2008, 11:54 AM
Congrats on your win :rockwoot:

What bracket were you in?

I was in the Pro 2 . Nobody else showed :). Lucky for me I guess.

RacinDuallie
05-28-2008, 12:39 PM
I was in the Pro 2 . Nobody else showed :). Lucky for me I guess. First time racing and ye gots the throphy. Myself and Treesmasher were laughin on how we spotted you pulling into the water while on the phone all casual.:rockwoot::rockwoot:

RacinDuallie
05-28-2008, 01:03 PM
Wade went home with $800.00 in contingency- :clap:

:hehe::hehe:Guess who's buying the brews next event?:poke:

crzycowboy
05-28-2008, 01:10 PM

:hehe::hehe:Guess who's buying the brews next event?:poke:

Wade, I'm a budlight man...but most of all if the beer is cold, I'll drink :Cheer:it....:hehe:

c-hawk
05-28-2008, 01:33 PM

I sure wish i wouldn't have broke friday evening...:bang

I would have liked a shot at some $$$.

Oh well, there's always next time...

Chris

RacinDuallie
05-28-2008, 01:42 PM
I sure wish i wouldn't have broke friday evening... You were not alone- a few members that planned to run called me up with breakage reports....:bang

:hehe:Come on you guys- break em at the track instead!:hehe:

c-hawk
05-28-2008, 01:51 PM
I hear ya... next time i hope i don't break, but if i do i want to at least be competing when it happens. :hehe:

Will's truck broke a stock output leaving the line, and by the time we drug the dyno home, picked up a gooseneck and came back to get it, we didn't get home until 4 in the morning. Sunday was a recovery day for me. :doh:

RacinDuallie
05-28-2008, 03:12 PM
Sunday was recovery day for me also.:bang

Robertp
05-28-2008, 05:26 PM
oh cmon fellas did yall see how consistant that boy is, it aint even fair to put anyone else in his class!!! its his second event and his third trophy i give up braket racing against him!!! although its kinda nice knowing my names in that truck too!!! :hehe::cheer:

where that dang pat yourself on the back smiley when ya need it????? :bang

crabbelle
05-28-2008, 05:50 PM
chris you guys should have called me i would have ran down and picked up wills truck, all i did was drop my truck off at the farm then went to the ocean

TURBOLVR
06-06-2008, 12:51 PM
Sorry , If they want any real turnout IN new england the NHRDA will have to give us POINTS RACES up here and not just 6-10hrs away!!!!! with fuel as high as it is folks have to work a little more and plan trips. 3 of the 7 events are close enough to me yet NONE are for points?!? So why go? Epping NH doesnt even list NHRDA on the calendar.:what:

RacinDuallie
06-06-2008, 01:00 PM
Sorry , If they want any real turnout IN new england the NHRDA will have to give us POINTS RACES up here and not just 6-10hrs away!!!!! with fuel as high as it is folks have to work a little more and plan trips. 3 of the 7 events are close enough to me yet NONE are for points?!? So why go? Epping NH doesnt even list NHRDA on the calendar.:what:

The event in NH and Lebannon Valley is a DDRA/NHRDA joined forces event. Basically we joined forces to have a fun event with both the associations. This will not be a points event for NHRDA.