PDA

View Full Version : I think we have a spammer

lildevil02
05-11-2008, 09:03 PM
This is a PM that I got:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,
I'm new here, how's it going?

"Buddhism has the characteristics of what would be expected in a cosmic religion for the future: it transcends a personal God, avoids dogmas and theology; it covers both the natural & spiritual, and it is based on a religious sense aspiring from the experience of all things as a meaningful unity" - Albert Einstein

---
Jessie
http://jessie.atwebpages.com
__________________________________________________ _______________
WTF is this all about. Would a mod look into this. I have not clicked on the page in fear of it giving my comp the bugs.

Timbeaux
05-11-2008, 09:08 PM
Banned a few days ago..........

AdamIsSuperman
05-11-2008, 09:08 PM
Thats a pretty weird thing to spam... F.Y.I. the link doesnt work.

darsey715
05-12-2008, 02:33 AM
showed up at norcaldieselforum.com also

94 12valve
05-12-2008, 04:43 AM
showed up at norcaldieselforum.com also

interesting

dieseltracks
05-12-2008, 11:18 AM
Yep, been tossed from CF before too.

RacinDuallie
05-12-2008, 12:04 PM
There was a female doing the same thing awhile back too......

Instant:banned:

dmaxlover
05-12-2008, 06:57 PM
I got the same PM here last week.

UNBROKEN
05-12-2008, 07:15 PM
Anytime something like that happens...PM any Mod you see online and we'll take care of it immediatly.
Not to state the obvious....but don't open any links in those things.

Ten_Bucks
05-14-2008, 05:15 PM
Every vBulletin message board that I'm a registered member of has had that same spammer on it. Don't know if its a vBulletin thing or what.

Scott

Signal 73
05-14-2008, 09:33 PM
She/he Regged on our New england regional site yesterday. Banned before he had the chance:banned::hehe:

6BT2500
05-18-2008, 03:04 PM
i got a strage one on vwvortex the other day there it is

:59 AM 5-15-2008) im4you: From Miss Anita Wete
Avenue55 Rue 34 Macory Abidjan,Cote d'Ivoire
Email: anita4wete@yahoo.com

Dear One,
Permit me to inform you of my desire of going into long time relatioship and financial transaction for our mutual benefits hence I write with due respect .I am Miss Anita Wete and I inherited an important sum of money from my late father who died in a recent crisis in Cote d'Ivoire. I wish to request for your assistance in investing this money in a lucrative venture under your directives and guidiance in your country. I want you to assist me for the transfer of this sum of Five million, Five hundred thousand United State Dollars.($5.500,000)to your account designate hence I will give you the contact of the bank where the money is so that you can contact them immediately and discuss with them since I do not know much about financial issues. I will give you some resonable percentage from the total sum for your assistance while I pray that you do not betray me at last. Please it is important you contact me immediately for more clarifications on the next step hence it is my wish to relocate to your country as soon as this transaction is concluded.
Awaiting your immediate response via this email address: anita4wete@yahoo.com

God bless you.
Miss Anita Wete.

nummit
05-18-2008, 03:10 PM
You should play that out and see what happens LOL

dieseltracks
05-18-2008, 03:52 PM
I've gotten several of those. I just ignore them and delete them. I'm afraid if I do anything to make them mad, they will SPAM me to death. Who knows?

I've won over $100,000,000.00 in the UK lottery in 2 weeks time (so they tell me) :blahblah1:..........Silly me, I just don't need the money that bad. :bang

FireRescuePSD
05-19-2008, 03:00 PM

Dear One,
Permit me to inform you of my desire of going into long time relatioship and financial transaction for our mutual benefits hence I write with due respect .I am Miss Anita Wete and I inherited an important sum of money from my late father who died in a recent crisis in Cote d'Ivoire. I wish to request for your assistance in investing this money in a lucrative venture under your directives and guidiance in your country. I want you to assist me for the transfer of this sum of Five million, Five hundred thousand United State Dollars.($5.500,000)to your account designate hence I will give you the contact of the bank where the money is so that you can contact them immediately and discuss with them since I do not know much about financial issues. I will give you some resonable percentage from the total sum for your assistance while I pray that you do not betray me at last. Please it is important you contact me immediately for more clarifications on the next step hence it is my wish to relocate to your country as soon as this transaction is concluded.

God bless you.
Miss Anita Wete.

Sounds like you were sent a typical Nigerian Scam...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advance_fee_fraud

h2odrx
05-23-2008, 08:37 AM
oilburners had a china man spam last night???

Mr.Krabs
05-25-2008, 10:52 AM

Dear One,

God bless you.
Miss Anita Wete.
I got one from some man,almost the same wording..can't believe anyone would bit on bait like that,I guess theres one born every minute.