PDA

View Full Version : Ready for an sct

6.0kingranch
08-29-2006, 07:24 AM
I have 2006 6.0 and would like to go ahead and get the sct from you guys. My dad and brother both have custom sct's you did and love them. Just waiting for all this hurricane bs to blow over so I can call you.
Thanks,
DAvid

MOMBENZ
08-29-2006, 10:32 AM
Hi David,

That's great. You are truly a Superduty family :cool:

Thank you. We've been preparing for Ernesto. I took a break to place an auto reply on our email, just in case we lose electricity early and found your post :Cheer:

In the meantime, could you get your computer code/tear tag? Hopefully, it will blow over quickly. Ernesto seems to be a real rainmaker so they are warning of possible floods :badidea:

Thanks,
Vivian

6.0kingranch
08-29-2006, 08:49 PM
Where can I find the computer code/ tear tag? I will get right on it.

UNBROKEN
08-29-2006, 10:59 PM
On the PCM...under the hood...driver side...behind the cover between the battery and fender. You might have to pull the cover to see the tag.
It'll be 3 letters and 1 number.

It's a little work...but you already know it's worth it. LOL

CBSuperDuty
08-30-2006, 11:25 AM
Richard is correct. Many have to pull the battery and PCM off of the fender to fully read the code.

MOMBENZ
08-31-2006, 06:35 AM
Hi,

I have a copy/paste with instructions on finding your code:

Facing the truck it's on the right behind the battery. Remove the battery cover. Remove three plugs on that shiny thing which is your PCM. Remove two 10mm bolts. Remove PCM and turn it upside down. There's a little sticker that shows three letters and a number, i.e. YRE2, DAX0, TBS7, BKG9. That is your computer code/tear tag. I suggest you place the sticker on the right hand side of the PCM so you can always see it. If you don't remember what it is you can see it without the need to remove the PCM again.

I am not real technical so when DJ explained it to me, I put it in writing.

Thanks,
Vivian

Dontxs
08-31-2006, 04:02 PM
Hi,What would be the highest exhaust temps I should expect with the sct 2 and the street tune and also with the looney? (when I get the sct ) I have a mbrp 4" turbo back.
06 F250
Thanks, Don

MOMBENZ
08-31-2006, 05:44 PM
Hi Don,

Happy Birthday!

How fast are you going to be driving the truck? We need more information. It all depends on how you are using the vehicle.

Thanks,
Vivian

Dontxs
08-31-2006, 06:37 PM
Thanks Vivian. I want to go as fast (quick) as it can :woohoo:. haha , without risking ANY damage. I was thinking maybe the first 3 tunes on your website,idk, also I would love to have the tranny shift like my old 79 vette wiith the drilled out tranny. (pretty firm)
thanks, Don

nummit
08-31-2006, 06:50 PM
I will see 1450* pretty quickly, but it will start to cool off after. The longer I stay w.o.t. the cooler it get's (in more ways than one LOL)

Dontxs
08-31-2006, 07:32 PM
That's Looney I take it? I bet its cool lol. Just getting a few last details b4 I order tomorrow.
Thanks. Don

nummit
09-01-2006, 06:58 AM
That's Looney I take it?
Thanks. Don

Are there other tunes?????LOL

Yep, that's looney

6.0kingranch
09-01-2006, 07:55 AM
well pick up my sct. Went for a test drive with dj and loved it. Can't drive with out it now. Makes changing lanes a little easier when passing. I only feel bad for people on the side walks.

Dontxs
09-01-2006, 05:23 PM
Now I am getting excited!!! I ordered my SCT today from Vivian (DJ). I can't wait to see the black smoke again. Thanks Viv again for the service, top notch!!!

Don

nummit
09-01-2006, 07:06 PM
Congrats on your purchases!
I wish I lived close enough to drive down to see DJ and VJ.

MOMBENZ
09-01-2006, 08:19 PM
Thanks Guys :Cheer:

Pete, we're gonna come to see you. I am an avid Stephen King fan. I love his stories :bow: I love the settings and as I told you before, I want to see Maine. Hopefully you will take us for a ride in your fast truck :evil

Thanks,
Vivian

nummit
09-01-2006, 08:25 PM
Anytime Vivian.
When I was a student at U Maine we took a road trip to Bangor just to drive past S. King's house.