Water methanol? would it help me?

Tarheels

Hey everybody I'm fairly new here. I have ab 08 CC SB 4wd. So far I have put AFE intake and I'm waiting on my TBE from H&S to get here any day. I have been couped up in the house for the past two weeks from surgery so I have been reading all of my old Issues of Diesel Powerand DieselWorld. (Since I used to be a Ford Guy I never really paid much attn to the Cummins articles). I came across one about the Snow water methanol injection they did on a 6.7. I don't pull a whole lot, maybe 2 or 3 times a month I'll pull our Bobcat. Would this system help me anywith fuel mileage and/or hp.

I only have appr. 3200 miles on the truck. The fuel mileage isn't as bad as I though it was gonna be but it isn't greatby any means. The last two tanks i ran through it empty Igot 15.2 and 15.5 hand calc. on a combination of Interstate and backroads. Now pulling is a different story. It seems like any time you have to work that motor it gulps the fuel. I am hoping that the CAI and exhaust really help but anything else I can do would be iceing on the cake.

BTW this is my second Cummins. I have driven nothing but Powerstrokes since 94. Ive had 4 and the last one was a 6.0 and the 3 sets of headgaskets the last 6 weeks I owned the truck changed my mind about Navistar. I bought a 99 Dodge from a friend in Dec and was instantly hooked on the gobs of tq this Cummins produces. Ihad to eat a lot of crow because of the amount of smack I have talked over the years. But in the end when it was time to spend my hard earned money on a new truck it wasa no-brainer. The tq won me over and I must say Dodge hasnt only narrowed the gap in truck quality I think they are on par with Ford, but with a better diesel engine.

i have a snow stage 3..they say something like 1-3mpg gain, for my truck its more like negative 3-5mpg because im always laying it down lol

as far as hp though I gained power for sure, i have mine set at 20lbs and it kicks, not like spray but it kicks. I def like it but would rather go with a bottle instead.

BTW sorry to hear about your 6.0 i cant believe you had to deal with so many head gasket problems. Congrats and good luck with your new truck :rockwoot:

I honestly think it was more of a dealer issue than a Ford issue, but either way it left a bad taste in my mouth. I have thought all along that if I had never taken it in I would probably still be driving it. It had a coolant leak from day one but I decided to take it in with about 95,000 miles on it before warranty went out. And it never ran right since then.

I still consider myself a Ford man. I only pull for Fords in NASCAR. Matt Kenseth fan he's gonna make it all the way back this year.

I've never heard of a mileage increase with water/meth. Mainly because people don't run with it turned on constantly. There is a good gain in power if you run higher concentrations of meth (50/50) but I don't recommend that on a stock motor unless you wanna do the headgasket on this truck as well. Windshield washer fluid works great for towing. A small amount of meth to add a little power but not enough to damage anything and lots of water to help cool stuff off while towing.

Back