PDA

View Full Version : Jetta questions

lukecline
06-12-2008, 10:04 PM
Ive got a couple jetta questions.

First- mom and dad bought an 03 jetta tdi, are interested in some electronic hp. I remember Van aaken having something, but they are no more. Checked TS website and see nothing listed there... Who has tuners or boxes for these things?

second- parents bought my little bro a 99 vr6 (i think thats the model) jetta and want to put a speed limiter on it so my brother cant top it out and wreck it. They are wanting something in the 80 mph range for top end, brother was bragging tonight that it'll top 130mph..... This car has a v6 and it gets with the program, it'll flat out spank the tdi. Detuning needed lol

thanks, luke

torqueofthetown
06-13-2008, 12:47 AM
Ive got a couple jetta questions.

First- mom and dad bought an 03 jetta tdi, are interested in some electronic hp. I remember Van aaken having something, but they are no more. Checked TS website and see nothing listed there... Who has tuners or boxes for these things?

second- parents bought my little bro a 99 vr6 (i think thats the model) jetta and want to put a speed limiter on it so my brother cant top it out and wreck it. They are wanting something in the 80 mph range for top end, brother was bragging tonight that it'll top 130mph..... This car has a v6 and it gets with the program, it'll flat out spank the tdi. Detuning needed lol

thanks, luke

Tell your parents to swap cars with your little bro LOL Actually, the problem is that you can't fix stupid no matter what you do......... if your bro going to drive crazy bad things are going to happen whether he's in a tdi or VR6.

for tuning

http://forums.tdiclub.com/

ride42
06-13-2008, 01:28 AM
The vr6 is nothing compared to a 1.8t.

The governor will kick in at 132mph I believe, this is where it kicked on in my 1.8t. The only way of raising is to get a chip from APR or GIAC. A stock 1.8t will handle a vr6 any day so he got the slower of the two models.

They are all three very nice cars and I miss the sh*t out of my Jetta so either way they go they will all be happy.

http://www.vwfixx.com/

BFD99
06-13-2008, 01:55 AM
luke here ya go
http://www.kermatdi.com/servlet/StoreFront

jetta girl
06-13-2008, 10:34 AM
Kerma will hook you up with all sorts of good stuff for your parents' car. They sell the Q-Loader which is very similar to the Smarty sold for the Dodges. It's very user friendly and you can customize the tunes for power, economy or both.

Kerma is very well known and well respected in the VW community. My car is the first documented TDI with a BRM engine in North America (some claim it to be first in the world, but I can't confirm that) to pass 200HP and that is a result of using KermaTDI products. They are well known for their tremendous customer support as well.

Give them a call or email, you will be happy you did. Their link is in my sig...

:cheer:

Lincolnlock
06-18-2008, 05:20 PM
Like Jetta Girl said... Kerma has the best products and customer support. Prices are very reasonable as well.

lukecline
06-22-2008, 10:09 AM
cool, thanks for the help

Russnut
07-10-2008, 12:18 AM
There are also some free/cheap mods you can do to get some more fuel and stuff. That's where it all begins....

jeffnvegas
11-15-2008, 09:42 PM
what are the free cheap mods???

zukgod1
11-17-2008, 01:43 PM
what are the free cheap mods???

On a TDI? :hehe:

Diesel Power
11-20-2008, 04:14 AM
check out tdiclub.com.. LOTS of reading there.. Being that I have 2 TDI's which i've only owned for a few months i've spent a lot of time there learning. i've got kerma tunes in both my cars and they both still have stock injectors, turbo, and pump. Its a noticeable difference foru sure and was enough to make the clutches in both cars slip (and they weren't slipping before). Being that the cars are only 90hp stock, 15HP is over 15% gain and the torque comes in a lot sooner.

i would try a tune and see what they think. they may be more than happy with that. if not you could go up a size on the injectors too.

jackbombay
11-22-2008, 11:38 PM
On a TDI? :hehe:

"ervy mod" costs about a buck...