PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: 02 June 2008 Fix............

Stock Ram
06-16-2008, 06:29 PM
As I have been having continuous problems with 6.7 (time to get a lawyer?). Chrysler has now taken possession of my vehicle for their last chance to fix it before the lemon takes it away. As far as I'm concerned they can have it because I got a chance to see a tow truck take it away on Sat. again. But..........

My service manager has told me that as of 02 June, Chrysler and Cummins have a supposed "FIX" that is new for all those who have been suffering from a constant cel brought on by the dpf, egr, and all other pollution control problems that your vehicle may have been suffering.

I cannot vouch for the "FIX" because I am not behind the wheel again yet. To date they have never been able to fix it for more than 24 hours. We'll see.

curtrwall
06-16-2008, 06:57 PM
AHAHAHAHAHAHAH:hehe:..... the "FIX" you know how many times they told me that. The only real FIX was the DPF delete kit. My truck runs 1000 times better without the DPF.

themighty6.7
06-16-2008, 09:42 PM
same here curtwall, love the truck now that its illegal lol

Stock Ram
06-17-2008, 09:53 PM
should have mentioned that this was sarcastic. I have been through quite a few "fixes" before and it has never changed a thing.

DPF delete would have been an option before I started loosing soooooo much money with a broken vehicle. No it either becomes a lemon or a repo because I don't want the truck back and I will be driving a 5.9 before the weekend is over!!!!!!!!!

Stock Ram
07-06-2008, 08:41 PM
Well it has been a week since I have seen the CEL. I am not sure of all the work that was done this past time since I have not seen the paperwork yet. I can look under the hood and see that it has a new turbo and some other shiny new parts (live on a dirt road so anything shiny has to be new). The starter seems to hang when I turn it over and it is getting really, really bad gas mileage. I have gone from 13mpg while towing to about 9.5 - 10. That alone is enough to piss me off. Can't say what the highway mileage is because I have not had the chance to get it out there.