PDA

View Full Version : BAP DPF delete kit. Who's running one ?

PTSUPERD
06-19-2008, 08:45 AM
I have a friend with a 07 srw single cab 1 ton. He just ordered a generation 2 kit from BAP. What kind of MPG gain should he see with the kit? What did you guys pick up?

PTSUPERD
06-19-2008, 12:50 PM
Bueller......Bueller.....

wideopen
06-19-2008, 01:09 PM
10 MPg..LOL.. What's he getting now?

WUnderwood
06-19-2008, 01:14 PM
Last I heard, they wanted something like $500 for a DOWN PAYMENT, and they were still testing

not 100% sure, but thats the word on my street

PTSUPERD
06-19-2008, 01:23 PM
He said he paid 700 bucks I think. The truck is bone stock and gets 13-14 mpg.

I've heard delete kits on Chevy and Fords net 4-5 mpg gain.

BAP
06-19-2008, 03:45 PM
We finished the testing over a month ago and have two trucks that have been running code free for over a month so who ever told we were testing miss informed you.
The Trouble was with the company that we purchased the pick and place machine from they kept pushing the delivery date back.
We have it now and will be shipping soon.
Thie machine will also give us the ability to make everything for this project and future projects in house. We dont just have plans for the dodge stuff we also have projects in the works for some of you 7.3 guys.
The Ford 6.4Ltuning is finished and has been shipping for a while.
The Chevy tuning is finished and is ready to ship.

We have a file full of orders that have no waivers signed and this will delay an order.
It says plainly on the sight that if you dont submit your waiver your order will not ship until we receive it.
Shane

BAP
06-19-2008, 03:55 PM
I passed the info to my brother in law and he happened to be working in that town, Baytown. He went to their business to purchase this delete system, they told him they were avail. only to the pick up trucks, not the cab/chasis yet that he owns??? One would wonder whats the diff.???? They told him to keep checking back with them.

The Chassis Cab is different as it has no o2 sensors and we have this testing finished also we just were not happy with the pipe and have redisgned the delete pipe on this truck.
I tell our sales staff that it is not availible untill we have it ready to ship and this is why they told your brother to check back.
I actually have two Chassis Cab trucks at our shop that will be leaving early next week on a trailer to the port of houston where they will be shipped to Sweden both of these trucks have full delete kits on them.

themighty6.7
06-19-2008, 09:20 PM
i got 2mpg better so far

BAP
06-24-2008, 12:03 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Guys
We will start the shipping of the GEN2 CODE FREE modules on friday 6/27/08.

We have had some issues with a machine that we purchased and at this point are finishing the modules by hand so as we get the completed they will ship out.
We are going to be shipping every monday after we send the first shipment.

We are working as fast as we can to get them completed so please be patient.

We will be unable to answer the questions about each orders exact ship date because there is just so many I apologize if this causes some of you any inconvienence.

Thanks for all your support
BADP CREW

HighOutput
06-24-2008, 11:52 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Guys
We will start the shipping of the GEN2 CODE FREE modules on friday 6/27/08.

We have had some issues with a machine that we purchased and at this point are finishing the modules by hand so as we get the completed they will ship out.
We are going to be shipping every monday after we send the first shipment.

We are working as fast as we can to get them completed so please be patient.

We will be unable to answer the questions about each orders exact ship date because there is just so many I apologize if this causes some of you any inconvienence.

Thanks for all your support
BADP CREW

have you talked to a guy named jason lately?

SITE TECH
12-27-2008, 09:19 PM
Let me get this strait. The pick up has o2 sensors in the DPF but on a chassis cab they don't. How does the chassis cabs computer know whats going on in the DPF with out sensors. If this is the case can the computer in the pick up be programed to think it's a chassis cab so you can just striat pipe the exaust to make a simpler DPF delete kit. I am a little puzzled here. The whole problem here is codes right, fooling the computer right. It sounds like the chassis cab computer dos'nt care about readings it just doing it mechaniclly. Or is getting it's readings before the DPF. If I'm wrong I'm wrong but this sounds wierd to me. Can anyone explain this to me.

Thanks

MAB

themighty6.7
12-28-2008, 03:46 PM
So far i have picked up 4mpg

BAP
01-01-2009, 08:50 PM
Let me get this strait. The pick up has o2 sensors in the DPF but on a chassis cab they don't. How does the chassis cabs computer know whats going on in the DPF with out sensors. If this is the case can the computer in the pick up be programed to think it's a chassis cab so you can just striat pipe the exaust to make a simpler DPF delete kit. I am a little puzzled here. The whole problem here is codes right, fooling the computer right. It sounds like the chassis cab computer dos'nt care about readings it just doing it mechaniclly. Or is getting it's readings before the DPF. If I'm wrong I'm wrong but this sounds wierd to me. Can anyone explain this to me.

Thanks

MAB

The standard 2500,3500 trucks have a seperate system where the doc,nox, dpf.and O2 sensors are all seperate and the C&C has an all in one that only uses a nox and dpf system that doesn't use o2 sensors in its formula both of these systems are very complex with thousands of look up tables.
The C&C uses the egt sensors and pressure sensors to get the info they need.
The C&C doesnt have the same programming as the regular trucks so there would be some serious issues to overcome if swapping programs were possible the egr system is different on the C&C as well so it is almost impossible to test them at the same time or use the same program.
Shane

SITE TECH
01-03-2009, 11:13 PM
Thanks Shane
I kinda get it. I was just wondering if someone could build an easier mouse trap. I guess not.

MAB

kcpanages
01-17-2009, 04:04 AM
I have the Gen 2 AY from BADP and have put 4k miles on it.... NOT A LICK OF PROBLEMS