aftermarket mass airflow sensor?

SMOKIN-U

Comp Diesel Sponsor
does anyone make one that will read a higher volume of air? i built a cai for a friends 02 with 5" pipe. well long story short it wouldnt stop throwing codes with it so he had to take it off. went to dealership and jad a scan tool read the code and it said there was not enough air speed/velosity. there was more volume of air than factory but not enough air speed so with his ppe cranked the ecm wouldnt dump full fuel in there till after 2000 rpm, and with the stock intake box it will do it as soon as you mash the throttle. I was wondering if there is any company that make an aftermarket mass airflow sensor that will read the higher volume of air correctly so that he can run his intake. thanks and sorry for the long post

does anyone make one that will read a higher volume of air? i built a cai for a friends 02 with 5" pipe. well long story short it wouldnt stop throwing codes with it so he had to take it off. went to dealership and jad a scan tool read the code and it said there was not enough air speed/velosity. there was more volume of air than factory but not enough air speed so with his ppe cranked the ecm wouldnt dump full fuel in there till after 2000 rpm, and with the stock intake box it will do it as soon as you mash the throttle. I was wondering if there is any company that make an aftermarket mass airflow sensor that will read the higher volume of air correctly so that he can run his intake. thanks and sorry for the long post

Another Mass Air Sensor will not fix the problem. It is not the volume of air that is the trouble it is the speed at which it moves.

The mass air sensor works by sensing how fast the air flows by it. The ECM knows how big the stock tube was and can calculate how much air is coming in by using the speed. Now add a much larger intake tube and the same amount of air is flowing in but at a much slow speed. The sensor only tells the ecm speed so the ECM thinks it is not getting enough air and you get a code.

The ECM can be tuned with EFI Live to run just fine without a MAF.

Back