Duramax Boat......

ok, spill the beans. I/we want to know how fast, how quick out'a the hole, how it changed the ballance, how the heat was handled, "if" it had an air cleaner, did the boat torque much, any vibration, what RPM @ what speeds, how heavy is it, how long did it take, did the mounts need more support and how does it do on GPH. :rockwoot:

Burner said:
ok, spill the beans. I/we want to know how fast, how quick out'a the hole, how it changed the ballance, how the heat was handled, "if" it had an air cleaner, did the boat torque much, any vibration, what RPM @ what speeds, how heavy is it, how long did it take, did the mounts need more support and how does it do on GPH. :rockwoot:

78-80 MPH, quick enough, dont know, heat exchanger, air cleaner, Not to bad, little to nun,78 mph@ approx 3400rpms, dont know, about 4 months, great mileage.

How long is the boat, and more importantly, how much fun is it to "smoke" gassers on the water?

it added a couple of hundred pounds. the boat is 21ft. also I was wrong this boat uses a open loop cooling system. The salt water packages engine use a heat exchanger....

Ok got some facts for ya. 78MPH @ 3300rpms, They ran approx 145 Miles and used 23 gal of diesel (6.30 mpg). The olny gasser that kept up with him was a blown big block Eliminator cat. approx 80 MPH. They dont know what to say when we tell them its a diesel.........

Dan@PPE said:
Ok got some facts for ya. 78MPH @ 3300rpms, They ran approx 145 Miles and used 23 gal of diesel (6.30 mpg). The olny gasser that kept up with him was a blown big block Eliminator cat. approx 80 MPH. They dont know what to say when we tell them its a diesel.........

If that Blown Eliminator cat was only doing 80, he was at 1/2 throttle. I have a buddy with an eliminator with a naturally aspirated 525 that runs 112. I definetly like the idea of the Diesels. I have been dreaming of putting a pair in my 302. Twin 6.0's turning 35" 4 blades with nearly 800 torque each would be interesting. :ylsuper: :ylsuper:

nummit said:
It would be funny to get someone to ski behind that boat and lay the soot to em'.

HA! Thats funny. I learned to ski behind a my uncles scarab with trip 502's. What were we thinking. I was about 12 yrs old.:lolly:

:woohoo: :bow: :bow: :bow:

:thankyou2:

I'd like to see what would happen if you jammed it WFO from a 5 mph kick. :evil

there is a 40 foot boat going thru trials now twin DuraMaxs 140 + mph , big bucks , big team .

I will get the full video for you guys.

We are working with a couple of the industires Biggest builders setting up the D-max's for a boat application....

A true test of any motor will be in a boat. A standard truck motor of 500,000 miles with close to 25,000 hours will survive "maybe" 10,000 hours in a boat...IMHO.

Back