05 tranny help

largecar04

I,m new to the duramax thing, i,ve always had cummins before and decided to buy this 05 cc lb duramax with 20". need help on tranny recommendations edge juice w/attitude,5" turbo back,egr delete,afe stage 2. what would you guys or gals see fight to make ally survive?? thanks in advance for any help

Possibly a remote filter if it dont have one ,a deep pan and a larger cooler regular fluid changes should last a good long time.

are you wanting to upgrade the clutch packs? sorry a little confused because people are posting about temp issues. If you wanted to do it right, get a suncoast stg 4.

transgo jr and maybe a converter? if you want it to live, or you can go fully built with a suncoast from Mike L.

lowering the temps arent going to make crap difference as far as holding capacity of an allison. There are ONLY two ways to make an allison hold more power; suncoast or ats.

I would say get rid of the Edge, buy EFI Live and put a Suncoast IV in the thing and have fun.

lowering the temps arent going to make crap difference as far as holding capacity of an allison. There are ONLY two ways to make an allison hold more power; suncoast or ats.

This is true. We build trannys all the time. The EDGE isn't as harsh on the tranny as some things can be such as EFILIVE, PPE, ATS,etc... To hold the EDGE you would be fine with the stock tranny the way it is. If your gonna beat on it and be "balls to the wall" alot might wanna start saving for the upgrade on the allison.

Back