studs

Bruno2

I have recently been looking at studs for my engine (head and mains). What I have found is some really unrealistic pricing for what amounts to being just a fastener . I realize these are high quality pieces of steel but $25.00 per stud is just not acceptable . $4-$5.00 a piece would be a kings ransom . Could I be looking in the wrong places or is this just common pricing ? I have a buddy who is a very good machinist and I am sure he could turn some down and heat treat them for me , but , there has to be a simple solution for this problem that does not require $1400.00 for fasteners .If anybody knows an answer I would be grateful . Thank you

I don't see any ARP studs for diesels on the price list retailing that high. I'm not sure what year model your truck is but according to the price list I have thats about 400 more than the most expensive Ford studs.

As far as cost per stud, and all ARP is the leader in racing fasteners for a reason. http://www.arp-bolts.com/Manufacturing/Manufacturing.html They explain here the process they use and why their product is so strong.

those were the prices that I saw . I called them in CA and was told they were 4470 stainless . I do not know what they are hardened to on the rockwell scale but at those prices i guess they need a 2000% mark up . I am not racing professionally just going to work and having some fun . I dont want my motor to break after this build , but I am not rich either.

oh yeah my truck is a 1996 7.3 psd . I am doing a rebuild . I am looking for about 450rwhp . Everybody says do the internals right just in case you want to go higher later . This is why I wanted some tough studs to replace the oem's.

Back