PDA

View Full Version : PPE Programmer ?'s (after install)

1BIG4X4
07-25-2008, 05:52 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I installed the tune 2 on my Xcelerator Standard. I was expecting to throw some soot even on this tune while under hard exceleration. I throw no soot. It is not that I want to I ma just curious if I should be and maybe my fuel pump is not keeping up with demand. I also noticed that my EGT's don't go below 380 after I park the truck and let idle. I was under the impression that it was best not to shut the truck off until the EGT's get closer to 300. It has been abut 95 degrees here and at night when it cools off it will drop right down to 300 no problem. I was wondering if this is OK. I asked PPE about it and they said that the temps might be reading a bit high because I am using the BD Power exhaust manifold which is on the drivers side and they recommend installing the sensor on the passenger side. I don't see how this should make a difference but wanted some opinions from you all. I do have to say that my idle has gotten significantly smoother and quiter which seems to have increased my oil pressure slightly at idle as well. It is basically the way I remember it from when it was new.

I am going to do some reading in the PPE manual because I thought that I was suppose to be able to control defueling with this programmer and the guy I spoke to at PPE said only the HOT+2 has that functionality. I noticed that when I leave the line slow (like normal driving conditions) when the truck shifts from 1st to second there seems to be a significant amount of defueling going on or is it just the tranny slipping the clutches to try and make the shift smooth. All other gears seem normal. Also when I leave hard the shift from 1st to 2nd feels great.

Thanks,
Mike

WanaDmxsub
07-25-2008, 09:45 PM
During the day is the A/C on when your idling the truck?
Driver side...pass side, should not make a differance.

1BIG4X4
07-26-2008, 12:09 AM
I tried turing off the AC and the temp dropped to maybe 360.

EDP
07-26-2008, 09:40 AM
All that you stated is nothing out of the norm for there tunes. ON setting 2 you wont get much black smoke but we have seen some of the best fuel milage on that setting. Another thing on the shifting, that is also the norm as well it will help save your trans in the long run.

1BIG4X4
07-27-2008, 09:35 PM
Thanks for the info. I noticed my tranny seems to be shifting smoother this weekend.

Mike

EDP
07-29-2008, 12:22 AM
definetly want to do the ally re learn on the tuner helps speed up the shifting process

malibu795
07-29-2008, 01:35 AM
thing to remeber with the dmax.. is the turbo is water and oil cooled therefore the standard shut on only oil cooled turbos isnt nessecary but good pratice.

mine idles 425* in gear. 400 out of gear.

1BIG4X4
07-29-2008, 12:45 PM
Thanks for the info. I will do the tranny relearn this weekend.

Also I have been able to get the truck to cool down to 320 with the AC turned off so I will just keep doing that. Good to hear that I am most likely not hurting the turbo shutting it down at 400. My wife drives the truck sometimes and forgets to let it cool down.

Mike

malibu795
07-29-2008, 01:05 PM
the only time i let mine "cool down" is right after i flogged it good.
thats like drag strip.. usually im 450ish by the time i get back to the pits.
other then that.. turn it off like a gasser no cool down.