PDA

View Full Version : Whos running DJ's tunes on stock exhaust?

THEPISTONHEAD
08-05-2008, 10:32 PM
I know its not ideal.......but im not rich. Just curious who is doing it and which tunes your running. I just picked up my SCT Xcal 2 for $90 and need to get some tunes from DJ and Vivian. I will be in contact soon but was wondering what everyone else has or is doing with limited mods.

Thanks,

Jason

Also....if Viv or DJ read this......DO ya'll offer a military discount? Thanks again in advance everyone!

MOMBENZ
08-06-2008, 06:02 PM
Hi Jason,

Yes we do and we are very thankful for your service to our country.

I'm going to bump this up, see if we could get some responses. Where are you located?

Thanks,
Vivian

NCR
08-06-2008, 06:27 PM
I ran looney for a while before doing my exhaust. I didn't notice much difference with my current exhaust setup, maybe 50 deg or so. You will be happy with dj and viv!

BTW, Thank you for your sevice!

THEPISTONHEAD
08-07-2008, 02:39 PM
Thanks all! Im in the Coast Guard....search and rescue helicopters and its a pleasure!!!!!

Im located in Corpus Christi, TX.

Is it best to call or email directly? I am looking for a tried and true economy tune, a sweet tow file and of course the looney (in some form or another).

Thanks again!!!!:Cheer:

smoken250
08-07-2008, 07:25 PM
do you have any gauges?

THEPISTONHEAD
08-07-2008, 07:33 PM
No but I am planning on running a single A pillar guage pod with an pyro guage. I just dont know which one I like. I will also be getting exhaust eventually.......the problem is I need the 304SS because my truck is lifted with the exhaust more visible of course and also im stationed in a very corrosive enviroment so this all equates to a big dollar exhaust.

NCR
08-08-2008, 08:36 AM
I would definitely get the pyro installed before you run the sct.

Calling is generally quicker. I rarely got a voicemail.

Dalpilot
08-08-2008, 09:35 AM
Hauling ass 0-100 will get you high temps, but your not going to burn it up. If your towing or trying to pull a big hill at 90, that is where you are going to have a problem. Do you need to get a pyro, yes! Can you run the looney for a while without it, yes. Its not the recommended way to go, but it will work just fine. I recommend the DI Pricol gauges. I have run them for 5 years without a problem. They are a site sponsor, and they have a high quality product.

They are a sponsor of the race truck, but I was recommending them long before I knew who they were too. They have exact matches for your dash as well.

THEPISTONHEAD
08-08-2008, 03:58 PM
Thanks guys!

I will look at those guages too.

TANKS 250
08-08-2008, 04:26 PM
Bro...if your gonna have fun with the SCT,...this is what you need...in order

1. gauges..Pyro & maybe tranny( get atleast a 3 pod...for future guages.)
2. exhaust

then if you want to start getting crazy

3. DJ's fuel intensifier..(this is where the guage pod will be nice...fuel gauge)
4. studs

then if you want to go really nuts

5. stick and turbo package from DJ & Viv

Abrannan19
08-08-2008, 04:30 PM
and by gauges..tanks means something USEFUL..not another boost gauge..you have an 05 and it has a boost gauge. Fuel pressure,Pyro, water and oil temp..

FireRescuePSD
08-12-2008, 02:59 PM
I ran JWoods (Race) and Dj's (looney) for about 55,000 without guages and with the stock exhaust and had no ill affects. I finally got a 4" magnaflow last month with 85,000 miles. When I had the stock exhaust I just didn't floor it past 90-100mph. Its an 05 and I live in Florida so its plenty hot.

Kyle's6.0
05-01-2009, 07:11 PM
Hi I have a 2005 ford 6.0 with an exhaust, afe stage 2 intake, and gauges and I want to run the sct with the looney tune but will I need to have an arp stud kit installed or will the 6.0 hold up I don't tow anything and if I do need to install an arp stud kit how much does it cost parts and labor also how much hp and tq does the looney tune gain ? Thanks Kyle

Santa Gertrudis
05-01-2009, 08:23 PM
Punctuation is your friend.

DJ doesnt do tuning anymore.

Try InnovativeDiesel.com for tuning.

Studs help for sure, but there are alot of people out there running without them and doing ok. As long as you watch the EGTs and know when to get out of it, you'll prolly be ok for a while.

TANKS 250
05-01-2009, 08:32 PM
both you guys need to look at the dates on this thread....LOL

Santa Gertrudis
05-01-2009, 08:40 PM
I know how old it is. He just joined and may have no idea that DJ isnt in business anymore. Why should I ignore his post?

TANKS 250
05-01-2009, 08:47 PM
Don't get mouthy with me,.....I'll,....I'll,....I'll,.......

you're right,.....LOL