PDA

View Full Version : injector pump

farmboypowerstr
08-08-2008, 12:58 PM
Anyone know how to turn the injector pump up on a 4440 tractor?

97crewcab
08-09-2008, 07:55 AM
Doesn't a 4440 run a p7100 pump?

CTDYoungGun
08-10-2008, 01:13 PM
I think it runs an A-Pump, but I wouldn't swear to it...

Whether it's an A or P pump you want to remove the small square cover on the back of the pump (about 2"x2" plate attached with 4- 10mm head bolts) inside you will find a small flat head machine screw with a 10mm head lock nut...loosen the nut and turn the screw IN. I'd say start with a half turn in...not sure if those b&p's have retard notches or not...

dzlfarmboy
08-10-2008, 01:27 PM
Yeah there an A pump

CTDYoungGun
08-10-2008, 09:23 PM
inside you will find a small flat head machine screw with a 10mm head lock nut

edit: to correct my word usage...it looks like a piece of all-thread with a slot in the end (for adjustment with a straight screw driver)...sorry for the confusion...didn't want ya pulling the cover off just to start calling me names...:hehe:

another disclaimer...some of the back covers are attached with torx head screws, while still some others are attached with some funky arse anti-tamper screws...but the 4440 uses an old enough pump you ought to be good with a 10mm wrench and straight screw driver :Cheer:

BlackSkyRacing
08-11-2008, 03:16 AM
edit: to correct my word usage...it looks like a piece of all-thread with a slot in the end (for adjustment with a straight screw driver)...sorry for the confusion...didn't want ya pulling the cover off just to start calling me names...:hehe:

another disclaimer...some of the back covers are attached with torx head screws, while still some others are attached with some funky arse anti-tamper screws...but the 4440 uses an old enough pump you ought to be good with a 10mm wrench and straight screw driver :Cheer:

Yep all good info here, start at 1/2 turn and do NOT exceed 2 turns... Your limiting factor on those tractors is your turbo, which stops you at about 230hp (for the T04 or about 250hp for the 3LM Schwitzer). Oh yeah and you will notice that the tractor will idle like a super stock tractor after playing with the pump under the plate. If for some reason you do not like that you will have to adjust the idle snubber which IIRC is the bigger of the two external screw/locknut deals on the back of the pump. Oh yeah, and there are some shims in the AFC on top of the pump that you need to remove by taking it apart to get anymore than about 200hp. You might want to play with that anyways to get it to fuel the way you want it to anyway.

farmboypowerstr
08-15-2008, 08:25 PM
wow great info, thanks alot all of ya. Is there any bad things that will happen because of this?

farmboypowerstr
08-15-2008, 08:55 PM
worse fuel econ. better? same?

BlackSkyRacing
08-16-2008, 03:41 AM
worse fuel econ. better? same?
Well it takes fuel to make power... But if you are only using the extra power to help you through tough spots and not constantly keeping the tractor on it's knees you shouldn't see much difference.

wow great info, thanks alot all of ya. Is there any bad things that will happen because of this?

Not a problem, as long as you don't try to over fuel the tractor nothing bad will come of it. It may however make light of a weak quad quicker, but it shouldn't hurt it as they are capable of holding upwards of 400hp without breaking serious parts (just have to put new clutches and seals in). Also, I would watch your oil and if possible take regular oil sample analysis and keep to keep an eye on soot levels (plus they're just good practice for a healthy engine).

farmboypowerstr
08-16-2008, 02:36 PM
its a powershift.

BlackSkyRacing
08-18-2008, 11:06 PM
its a powershift.

Not a problem, those are still good for over 300-350hp... You shouldn't get over 250 with just pump tweaks. Either way, no worries, have fun and good luck with it.

grey05dodge82
09-04-2008, 08:50 PM
All these guys a corect but we have been taking 4440's and playing with them for years if you want to go play for a weekend turn it 6 rounds bypass all the filters and set the idle skrew so it will idle around 1500rpms we did it to one this past weekend to take it out to the tractor pull and it did fine and pulled hard as hell when we got ti back to the shop we hooked it up to the pto dyno and it said right at 370hp