PDA

View Full Version : Tie Rods

Red_Rattler
08-09-2008, 09:37 PM
Whats the better way to go? Stock with sleeves any make or Cognito Hiem joint conversion with sleeves or Cognito HD full replacements. On the HD replacements they said you need longer links, is the just to push the sway bar up so it clears? My bud has an 06 and he destroyed both of them last night at a pull..... I warned him..... Any input will be appreciated! Just found Fabtech ones too. How do they compare to the others too?

JOHNBOY
08-09-2008, 10:00 PM
Stockers with sleeves works great.

cpr_454
08-10-2008, 03:05 PM
2nd that

JacktheBear3
08-10-2008, 03:41 PM
Fabtech have been known to reduce circle radius, they lock the steering sooner because of the size of the joint end. Cognito's stuff is ROCK solid but the hiems won't last in WI, winters and road slush will wear them out prematurely.

Cognito PISK-8 Kit, Idler Arm Support, and some sleeves is the way I would go..... Most all of the stuff is available from Cognito or PPE dealers. The Idler Arm support needs to come from Cogneto, I don't think PPE has this item....

Duramax2006
08-10-2008, 04:13 PM
X2 on the fabtech's

malibu795
08-10-2008, 07:40 PM
Fabtech have been known to reduce circle radius, they lock the steering sooner because of the size of the joint end. Cognito's stuff is ROCK solid but the hiems won't last in WI, winters and road slush will wear them out prematurely.

Cognito PISK-8 Kit, Idler Arm Support, and some sleeves is the way I would go..... Most all of the stuff is available from Cognito or PPE dealers. The Idler Arm support needs to come from Cogneto, I don't think PPE has this item....

dotn forget the pitnam are brace as well.

my recommndation get ne stock tie rods, put the sleaves on them and idler adn pitnam arm brace on and you are solid.

scott 06
08-10-2008, 08:25 PM
yea def go with the braces, they are worth the money

JOHNBOY
08-11-2008, 06:33 AM
Well if going to pull get a straight centerlink and sleeves like Super diesels or Crank it ups.

I wasted my money on those braces. Junk IMHO. Bent them up to. Straight centerlink cured that problem. If you do not want to go with a straight centerlink buy some straps to strap the centerlink you will be fine.

Red_Rattler
08-12-2008, 08:16 PM
Thanks for all of the input guys, much appreciated! Any input on Merchants autos sleeves?

WI Huck
08-25-2008, 09:48 PM
Cognito has tie rod ends that are grease able and strong, and they are less expensive than the heim joint ones. Also remember to do the pitman idler are support kit.

JD4440
09-14-2008, 09:25 PM
I have to cognito heims only b/c they were used. I would go with the hd/oe look cognito's and p/a braces.

High Tech MAX
09-14-2008, 11:29 PM
fabtech makes great stuff but id recommend cognito steering braces and cognito oe style tierods thats what i run and its rock solid. X2 with what walley said at fte diesel .

wideopen
10-22-2008, 10:52 AM
I've installed both the Congnito and the Solid Centerlink. I think with the Braces you keep your steering radius Vs. I lost steering radius with my Solid centerlink.. But, I don't worry about my Front end anymore when pulling or Racing.

Noreaster
10-23-2008, 10:50 AM
.Cognito PISK-8 Kit, Idler Arm Support, and some sleeves is the way I would go..... Most all of the stuff is available from Cognito or PPE dealers. The Idler Arm support needs to come from Cogneto, I don't think PPE has this item....PISK-Pitman Idler Support Kit & Idler arm pivot thats made by Supersteer. Cognito adds an additional gusset that needs to be welded, Supersteers bracket just bolts one. I have one, good stuff.

dotn forget the pitnam are brace as well.
my recommndation get ne stock tie rods, put the sleaves on them and idler adn pitnam arm brace on and you are solid. Jeez alittle PWI that night Adam? I agree on the stock tierods with sleeves

malibu795
10-23-2008, 11:30 PM

Jeez alittle PWI that night Adam? I agree on the stock tierods with sleeves

:confused:me PWI never:hehe:

JoshH
11-23-2008, 01:02 AM
I didn't see it mentioned, but it's always a good idea to lower your torsion bars down all the way. Makes life a ton easier on your front end parts/pieces.