PDA

View Full Version : Another injector pump

farmboypowerstr
09-09-2008, 03:05 PM
Thanks for all the help turning the pump up on the 4440, how do i turn the injector pump up on the 6600 combine? it has the 329 motor.

farmboypowerstr
09-09-2008, 03:31 PM
also, there isn't a forum, but does anyone no how to turn the injector pump up on a bobcat s-160?

CTDYoungGun
09-09-2008, 11:09 PM
Someone else will probably chime in on the 6600 combine as I'm not sure what pump it runs...

As for the Bobcat, post up a pic if you can get one...maybe then I can help...I know some Case skid loaders but no Bobcat

farmboypowerstr
09-11-2008, 05:31 PM
this is the best pic i can find on the internet

BlackSkyRacing
09-12-2008, 02:10 AM
If I am not mistaken the 6600 runs a CAV rotary pump, of which I am not very familiar with as far as turning one up.

If it does happen to have a Roosa-Master there still really isn't much that can be done while it is still on the engine. There are shims inside the pump that limit fuel delivery as well as a "leaf" spring that also limits it. Both can be taken care of, but the pump has to come apart for that. There is a little that can be done by tightening up the screw that puts tension on the leaf spring, adjusting the smoke screw, and advancing the timing. But that can get complicated as well, but with some patience and a little lost diesel fuel (some will spill out of the pump) it can be done by just about anybody.

CTDYoungGun
09-15-2008, 12:00 AM
this is the best pic i can find on the internet[/ATTACH]

hmm...I'm not familiar enough with the cam-box style pumps to give you any advice on the skid loader...

and like black sky said if it's a CAV (Delphi) pump, leave it alone cause they are a pain in the butt to adjust on a pump stand, much less on the engine...but if it's a Roosa Master (Stanadyne) pump, you can tighten the screw that tensions the leaf spring inside the pump and gain quite a bit of fuel...

let us know which one it is (if either) and we'll try to help ya out again :Cheer:

CTDYoungGun
09-22-2008, 09:53 PM
farmboy, I looked the pump up at work and it "should" use a Stanadyne DM style pump...I took some pictures of one at work, so if you can confirm or deny this I'll try to lend you some screw turning advise

inline6359
09-23-2008, 02:52 PM
I'll try to lend you some screw turning advise

How about this dont touch either one. Turning the pump up achieves very little if anything on this equipment except it decreases reliability and increases fuel consumption and unnecessary heat.

zacdrew
09-23-2008, 06:04 PM
The CAV rotary pump is a ROYAL pita. I turned one up on a White 2-85. There should be a thumb sized door on the side of the injector pump, right in the middle of the pump body. Take that plate off and there will be a wheel with 2 8mm hex bolts. Take the hes bolts out and turn the wheel 1half turn clockwise. But the bolts back in the holes. Dont drop the wheel when you have the bolts out. They are very hard to put back together. Now when doing this be very careful it is beyond easy to screw up. Only do it if you are very confident in yourself. Have fun.

CTDYoungGun
09-29-2008, 04:53 PM
How about this dont touch either one. Turning the pump up achieves very little if anything on this equipment except it decreases reliability and increases fuel consumption and unnecessary heat.

Re-read the first post in this thread dude...he didn't want an opinion on whether or not to do it, most likely because he is enjoying the additional power provided by our helping him in turning up his other pump...post something productive or don't post at all...

and zacdrew, it's not a CAV pump, so that method isn't apllicable...

inline6359
09-29-2008, 06:17 PM
Re-read the first post in this thread dude...he didn't want an opinion on whether or not to do it, most likely because he is enjoying the additional power provided by our helping him in turning up his other pump...post something productive or don't post at all...

and zacdrew, it's not a CAV pump, so that method isn't apllicable...

Still the same old tool you always are................

If i gave a flying rats ass what you or he thought about my opinion i would not have posted.

:shake:

inline6power
09-29-2008, 06:27 PM

If i gave a flying rats ass what you or he thought about my opinion i would not have posted.

ha ha and you said i was a dick in the other thread.:bang:bang

inline6359
09-29-2008, 06:46 PM
ha ha and you said i was a dick in the other thread.:bang:bang

:hehe:

Exactly what i set out to do....................:rockwoot:

inline6power
09-29-2008, 06:59 PM
:hehe:

Exactly what i set out to do....................:rockwoot:

i am just :poke: ya a bit. if i ever meet ya in public, i got the first:Cheer:

inline6359
09-29-2008, 07:03 PM
i am just :poke: ya a bit. if i ever meet ya in public, i got the first:Cheer:

:rockwoot:

I know, its cool, sounds like a deal!! Just remember im no cheap date.....:hehe::Cheer:

inline6power
09-29-2008, 07:08 PM
:rockwoot:

I know, its cool, sounds like a deal!! Just remember im no cheap date.....:hehe::Cheer:

ha ha neither am i lol. either jager bombs or crown and 7s lol.

CTDYoungGun
09-29-2008, 10:35 PM

I'm the tool because I'm trying to lend the small amount of knowledge I have to help out another member on here...hmm, whatever doosch...if you just wanted to be a smart ass, then do it in a general chat thread...or hell, start a "CTDYoungGun is a tool thread..." I'll laugh and read along...

Now back to the original topic...farmboy, pm me if you want some pictures and detailed instructions for tuning the pump...I'd rather email you the pics than uplaod and post them all on here