PDA

View Full Version : Where's The Valvoline/ATS Cummins Dragster???

RacinDuallie
09-28-2006, 03:26 PM
Been too quiet lately from Scott and Dustin...... What's going down guys?? :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke:

Doing some changes?

TooMuchBoost
09-28-2006, 04:46 PM
I thought Comp was driving it?

dieseldragster
09-28-2006, 07:36 PM
Way too busy at work, and having to actually take time from racing to get caught back up.

Now maybe I should give a hint on the latest changes on the car, huh? As usual, latest testing showed that we were way off on the latest converter stall / ratio. ATS and us have had 4 different converters in the car in the last 2 years, and each one works better, but the last one killed our 60' times.

Now for the secret stuff:

Just like the Top Fuel teams, the only way to really get good progress, might as well have a 2 car team to share data. I'll leave it up to all of you as to who is driving the new chassis next year, and who is driving the old one.

The new car will be a bit longer, lighter, and Common Rail. A couple other new features, too.

Billysgoat
09-28-2006, 07:59 PM
Common rail eh?? This sounds real interesting, please keep us updated :rockwoot:

dieseldragster
09-28-2006, 10:28 PM
Sounds a bit like a TV show, Common Rail for the Cummins Rail...

The more that we work with sponsors, the more the smoke is an issue. Eventually, the whole thing needs to be nearly smokeless to eliminate issues with other racers.

Jim Fulmer
09-29-2006, 01:36 AM
The new car will be a bit longer, lighter, and Common Rail

Nice, can't wait to see that!

Jim

RacinDuallie
09-29-2006, 04:31 AM
Way too busy at work, and having to actually take time from racing to get caught back up.

Now maybe I should give a hint on the latest changes on the car, huh? As usual, latest testing showed that we were way off on the latest converter stall / ratio. ATS and us have had 4 different converters in the car in the last 2 years, and each one works better, but the last one killed our 60' times.

Just like the Top Fuel teams, the only way to really get good progress, might as well have a 2 car team to share data. I'll leave it up to all of you as to who is driving the new chassis next year, and who is driving the old one.

The new car will be a bit longer, lighter, and Common Rail. A couple other new features, too.

2 Rails!!! SUHWEET!!! I knew there was something goin on with you guys!:evil Been too quiet lately!! Sorry I had to :poke: to find out the skinny LOL . So who is the shoe ?? :fish: And who is building the new chassis?:poke: :poke: And will this CR be P-pumped or Dual CP3's:poke: :poke:

Damn!LOL LOL

EMcBride
09-29-2006, 07:51 AM
Scott, you guys coming to the Bully Dog Texas Diesel Nationals?

Fletcher
09-29-2006, 09:59 AM

How are the Gods, innovators, pioneers, architects, initiators, creators, developers, designers, founders, visionary and legends of the diesel dragster racing world doing?

RacinDuallie
09-29-2006, 10:07 AM
Hmmm. Common Rail eh? Will it be Dual CP3 pumps?:poke: :poke:

dieseldragster
09-29-2006, 11:54 AM
Scott, you guys coming to the Bully Dog Texas Diesel Nationals?
We are considering it, but I have a business conflict. I am a speaker at a trade association meeting and may no be able to get out of it. I was hoping to see how the new tune up works in GOOD air.

dieseldragster
09-29-2006, 11:58 AM
2 Rails!!! SUHWEET!!! I knew there was something goin on with you guys!:evil Been too quiet lately!! Sorry I had to :poke: to find out the skinny LOL . So who is the shoe ?? :fish: And who is building the new chassis?:poke: :poke: And will this CR be P-pumped or Dual CP3's:poke: :poke:

Damn!LOL LOL
I was thinking about putting a hired driver in the 2nd car, as long as they bring a big $$$ sponsor. (his name is Dustin) ...The CR will have a "special" pump that we have been working on that is a single with enough flow that is like 3x a CP3.

More later.

wideopen
09-29-2006, 11:59 AM
What a tease..LOL

RacinDuallie
09-29-2006, 12:50 PM
Damn...........:evil :evil :evil :woohoo:

Who's not interested in THAT pump?!!!!:aiwebs_029:

EMcBride
09-29-2006, 04:40 PM
How are the Gods, innovators, pioneers, architects, initiators, creators, developers, designers, founders, visionary and legends of the diesel dragster racing world doing?
We've been busy, you know, being the quickest diesel in the world and all....:rockwoot: :owned:

RacinDuallie
09-29-2006, 06:36 PM
LOL LOL LOL Eric.......LOL LOL

I had ol Bill on the phone, and I clicked on here during our meeting, and forwarded your qoute and comment to him, we both laughed....LOL LOL LOL

Who is this a dig on though Bill or Scott???:doh: :doh:

:fish: :poke: LOL LOL

r-n-r
09-29-2006, 08:12 PM
Oh my, geesh take a few days off the sites and miss all the latest news. Each year this sport gets better and better, but I think 2007 is really going to bust loose. What year do you speculate the racing will reach "critical mass"?

RacinDuallie
09-30-2006, 03:25 AM
Oh my, geesh take a few days off the sites and miss all the latest news. Each year this sport gets better and better, but I think 2007 is really going to ust loose. What year do you speculate the racing will reach "critical mass"?

My speculation is 2008...........:rockwoot: :rockwoot: :rockwoot:

RacinDuallie
09-30-2006, 05:16 AM

Scott, I can only think of one thing to say..............

:nopics: :poke: LOL LOL LOL LOL

DIESEL_POWER
09-30-2006, 03:10 PM
sounds like the same pump II has aready been using for a while,the super pump supplies over 230% in stock trim...........imagine it being modded:woohoo:

dieseldragster
09-30-2006, 05:35 PM
Got to keep a few things to us until testing is done. As we always have, once we figure out a few things, we share it. There are a few things that photos will never show. (hmmm...)

DieselLady
09-30-2006, 11:42 PM
This is all exciting news, just can't imagine a diesel rail with no smoke. Can't you find some other sponsors who like smoke????? PPlllleeeeeeaase!!!!:thankyou2:

partsguy662
09-30-2006, 11:52 PM
This is all exciting news, just can't imagine a diesel rail with no smoke. Can't you find some other sponsors who like smoke????? PPlllleeeeeeaase!!!!:thankyou2:

It's about time you joined us over here..:D

DieselLady
10-01-2006, 12:32 AM
It's about time you joined us over here..:D
Thanks PartsGuy, Just running short of time. I actually was in Colorado for truck fest and saw some great racing including the Cummins rail. Like I said. Can't imagine it without smoke. Along with the great sound that the cummins puts out, the visual affect of what looks like Mt Saint Helens going off just can't be beat. :rockwoot: :rockwoot: Toooooo Coool!!!!:rockwoot:

RacinDuallie
10-02-2006, 06:15 AM
Can't imagine it without smoke. Along with the great sound that the cummins puts out, the visual affect of what looks like Mt Saint Helens going off just can't be beat. :rockwoot: :rockwoot: Toooooo Coool!!!!:rockwoot:

YEEEEEEEE-HAAAAAAAAAAW!!!!!

9.99 on my fun factor scale!!:evil

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
:rockwoot: :rockwoot:
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

:lolly:

RacinDuallie
10-02-2006, 06:16 AM
Got to keep a few things to us until testing is done. As we always have, once we figure out a few things, we share it. There are a few things that photos will never show. (hmmm...)

What is the new proposed w.b. length??? :ylsuper:

EMcBride
10-02-2006, 09:04 AM
LOL LOL LOL Eric.......LOL LOL

I had ol Bill on the phone, and I clicked on here during our meeting, and forwarded your qoute and comment to him, we both laughed....LOL LOL LOL

Who is this a dig on though Bill or Scott???:doh: :doh:

:fish: :poke: LOL LOL
no dig on anyone, I just couldn't resist! :poke: :doh: :Cheer:

Fletcher
10-02-2006, 09:41 AM
We giggled for awhile, then discussed my high school relational failures (Things I haven't been able to let go of) Thanks Jeff for the motivation/self esteem discussion....:banned: :aiwebs_029:

Timbeaux
10-02-2006, 09:42 AM
Bill, you need a shoulder to cry on? LOL

RacinDuallie
10-02-2006, 10:13 AM
:lolly: LOL :lolly: Back when Fletcher was 16 years old, he had his heart broken by a 16 year old lass...... And he still gets emotionally distressed over it, I suggested a strong regimine using a petroleum lubricant, to help ease any tensions.....LOL

Fletcher
10-02-2006, 11:55 AM
Make the font larger, I can't read it....:woohoo:

RacinDuallie
10-02-2006, 12:24 PM
Make the font larger, I can't read it....:woohoo:

It seems you've forgotten rule 26.5..... section 17B, where it says to remove thumb in a manner that creats a popping sound.........:rules: This step lessens the corneal strain.:badidea: :doh:

Fletcher
10-02-2006, 01:29 PM
It seems you've forgotten rule 26.5..... section 17B, where it says to remove thumb in a manner that creats a popping sound.........:rules: This step lessens the corneal strain.:badidea: :doh:

:hump: *OMG!!!! I'm growing a toe nail

dieseldragster
10-02-2006, 01:34 PM
What is the new proposed w.b. length??? :ylsuper:
Just long enough.

Probably 270ish...

hippie
10-02-2006, 05:16 PM
:lolly: LOL :lolly: Back when Fletcher was 16 years old, he had his heart broken by a 16 year old lass...... And he still gets emotionally distressed over it, I suggested a strong regimine using a petroleum lubricant, to help ease any tensions.....LOL

According to Fireman Dave (TDR Chat Freak, Ret.), peanut butter might be the more appropriate choice.

:D

greengoat
10-25-2006, 05:20 PM
I have the II 230% pump on my grocery gettin test mule....I know II has been modding it to deliver up to 300% in the same way regular Cp3's are. 230% is good for 1400hp. Twin CP 3.4's ..... 2800hp.....2007 will be fun.

Timbeaux
10-25-2006, 09:53 PM
I have the II 230% pump on my grocery gettin test mule....I know II has been modding it to deliver up to 300% in the same way regular Cp3's are. 230% is good for 1400hp. Twin CP 3.4's ..... 2800hp.....2007 will be fun.

I have seen seveal posts regarding how much HP an upgraded CP3 can support, but the highest HP level I have heard of on a 3rd gen is 890ish. How do they figure 1400 Hp?

turbothom
10-26-2006, 11:39 AM
Good thing Bill is as old as he is. These day's, if he was 16, he would be raped by a 37 year old teacher. That ain't the kinda teaching she should do, to poor lil'ol Bill?

..pt..