PDA

View Full Version : Looney questions

joefarmer
09-30-2006, 07:45 PM
What do I need to get a Looney tune on an '06 F350? The owner has a sixgun PDA and a triple dog that we're replacing.

brandon.

nummit
10-01-2006, 07:06 AM
The three major items needed are:
1. $$$ LOL
2. XCal 2 tuner
3. Truck strategy or PCM code

DJ,VJ, or Chris will fill you in on the other stuff, but this should get you started

CBSuperDuty
10-01-2006, 08:56 AM
HA HA. Thanks Pete.

Do you have an SCT yet? If not then you can purchase one from us and it will come with 3 custom tunes for your truck. If you do then you can just purchase what ever tunes you would like to run.

Here are Vivian's instructions of how to get the Computer Code:
Facing the truck it's on the right behind the battery. Remove the battery cover. Remove three plugs on that shiny thing which is your PCM. Remove two 10mm bolts. Remove PCM and turn it upside down. There's a little sticker that shows three letters and a number, i.e. YRE2, DAX0, TBS7, BKG9. That is your computer code/tear tag. I suggest you place the sticker on the right hand side of the PCM so you can always see it.

Pricing can be viewed here (http://dj-performance.com/SCT.html) and a list of our tunes can be viewed here (http://dj-performance.com/Tunes.htm).

When you are ready you can PM or email me your code and what tunes you want and I will get you payment instructions.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Chris

joefarmer
10-01-2006, 03:30 PM
Thanks Chris, Pete,

Is there anything on the XCal2 that would let me continue to tune on my own? I'll get the PCM code asap.

brandon.

MOMBENZ
10-01-2006, 04:30 PM
Thanks Guys :ylsuper:

Hi Brandon,

We program the Xcal2's to allow you to change the user options. You can't reprogram the box but with the purchase of the Xcal2 we give you unlimited tune changes so if you want to change a tune, in the future, just let us know.

Thanks,
Vivian

joefarmer
10-12-2006, 04:39 PM
Found what I think is the PCM code: KYN1. That look right to anyone?

bnraodn.

MOMBENZ
10-15-2006, 04:35 PM
Yes KYN1 is a 2006 code.

Thanks,
Vivian

P.S. Sorry about not responding sooner, right now we are at the hotel in Houston. We hope to fly home tomorrow but heard the airports expect delays. If the weather keeps like this, I don't think I want to get on a plane :badidea:

LAmiller
10-15-2006, 08:03 PM
That's quite alright, I wasn't expecting and answer until y'all got back. Thanks, I'll have Brian call to order it.

brandon.

joefarmer
11-16-2006, 03:07 PM
Brian said he ordered it today. He said you'd email the software or a link for the datalogger? You can use the email address associate with my forum account.

Thanks!
brandon.