PDA

View Full Version : Asking for Everyones Input

NHRDA
09-28-2008, 11:33 AM
As we gear up for the 2009 season, we would like some feedback from you, the racer/spectator on tracks that you would like to see us at. Understand we will not be able to go to every track requested, but we will do what we can.

Please list all tracks to include current venues.

Thank you in advance for your time.

NHRDA Staff

JFlagg
09-28-2008, 11:42 AM
Mid America Raceway on the Illinois side of St. Louis if you don't come already... Never been there yet, so I don't know, but if I knew there would be a diesel event and the date I sure would like to try, lol.

house
09-28-2008, 12:43 PM
oceola or muncie in indiana

also any sled pulls?

Snedge
09-28-2008, 03:24 PM
Pittsburgh Raceway Park. They already have a couple of events a year for the Diesels. I bet they would welcome another tent.

BigBadDodge
09-28-2008, 03:31 PM
This include sled pulling ?

BBD

crazydave
09-28-2008, 03:41 PM
BIR Brainerd International Raceway in MN. http://www.brainerdraceway.com/
It would be cool to get an event in the upper midwest.

John Robinson
09-28-2008, 04:13 PM
Anywhere in the middle of the continent is my vote.

massdiesel
09-28-2008, 05:26 PM
MAple grove PA

Maximum Stroke
09-28-2008, 05:38 PM
Virginia motorsports
Maple grove
MIR
Pittsburg
englishtown
mason dixon
cecil county dragway
rockingham

are all very nice tracks to run fast on and still be able to stop!

morkable
09-28-2008, 05:43 PM
Will you be coming back up to Edmonton this coming year? And if so, what about another Canadian Venue? Not sure which one, but there are several good tracks up here to hit

Kevin

ctd8999
09-28-2008, 06:59 PM
Pittsburgh Raceway Park. They already have a couple of events a year for the Diesels. I bet they would welcome another tent.

Snedge, I'm with you on Pittsburgh and even Quaker City in Ohio. From the events I've attended by the NHDRA the race at MIR had 7-8 trucks just read a week or so ago the race at Island Dragway had about the same. The race at Thompson in Ohio had a fair amount of trucks even with the rain that we all knew was comming. I really don't think the particitation for the diesel races on the East Coast or New England states is there. I know the Big Rig races bring some racers out at both MIR and Englishtown NJ. The DDRA race at Hagerstown, Md ( Mason Dixon Dragway ) gets alot of racers. I know I'm not going to be going down to MIR for the NHDRA in October. I know Randy, Jeff, Chris and the rest of the guys work hard to get these events together but for one reason or another they can't get any racers in the pits. Just my $.02. Thanks Steve B.

tjl
09-28-2008, 07:02 PM
How about National Trail Raceway just east of Columbus, OH. Nice track with good facilities. I don't know of any diesel events there, but it would be nice to start some.

RPM Motorsports
09-28-2008, 09:34 PM
How about Sacramento Ca. or Infineon Ca., seeing that it got scratched this year!

Twisted Shifter
09-29-2008, 07:41 AM
Looks like lots of good tracks. If you have a link for the track please add it to your post.

Thank you

shell 96
09-29-2008, 10:04 AM
Virginia motorsports
Maple grove
MIR
Pittsburg
englishtown
mason dixon
cecil county dragway
rockingham

are all very nice tracks to run fast on and still be able to stop!

X2 :tree:Yes i agree with all the above

Dalpilot
09-29-2008, 10:08 AM
Anywhere in the middle of the continent is my vote.

X2 :tree:

ride42
09-29-2008, 10:30 AM
Colorado, Utah, Nevada...somewhat in the middle of the country.

Michael
09-29-2008, 10:59 AM
I like the ones that we raced already this past year in Division 1, particluarly Portland & Woodburn (my local tracks)! I liked Medford and the track prep they did, we just need more trucks at that race!

I would like to see the division divided up a bit. I don't mind driving to Mission as a Div 1 race, but Edmonton & Billings were a bit of a hike. It would be nice if those races farther east & north were in a different division, so we could race them if we have the time, but aren't forced to race them for points.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

97crewcab
09-29-2008, 11:20 AM
Kearney Raceway Park (http://www.krpi.com/). Kearney, NE Can't get any closer to the center of the country.

But other wise, Middle of the country would be great.

Mooring Product
09-29-2008, 01:10 PM
GAINSVILLE was my favorite track to date in Div 4. What are we going to do with Breakaway gone? What about Orlando Speedway?

klincoln
09-29-2008, 01:17 PM
GAINSVILLE was my favorite track to date in Div 4. What are we going to do with Breakaway gone? What about Orlando Speedway?x2 orlando speed world:rockwoot:

RILES
09-29-2008, 01:22 PM
Redding CA http://www.reddingdragstrip.net/ or Sacramento CA http://www.sacramentoraceway.com/

CC12V
09-29-2008, 01:23 PM
Anywhere in the middle of the continental US is my vote.

Fixed and Yes.

bluedog
09-29-2008, 01:47 PM
http://www.orlandospeedworld.org/

Mooring Product
09-29-2008, 01:54 PM
I remember Chris telling a story about how nasty the track officials in Orlando are about diesels and hung up on him. (I could be wrong)

Twisted Shifter
09-29-2008, 03:04 PM
I remember Chris telling a story about how nasty the track officials in Orlando are about diesels and hung up on him. (I could be wrong)

Wrong track, but I wont name the one that did it.

Mooring Product
09-29-2008, 03:19 PM
Oh speak up...

Why not Orlando then? What do we as fans/racers need to do?

Twisted Shifter
09-29-2008, 03:33 PM
Relax, put in the requests and we will do the rest. Very likely you will see an event in O' Town next year.

WICKEDDIESELS
09-29-2008, 03:42 PM
Thunder Valley, Bristol, Tennessee

IdahoRob
09-29-2008, 03:49 PM
I like the ones that we raced already this past year in Division 1, particluarly Portland & Woodburn (my local tracks)! I liked Medford and the track prep they did, we just need more trucks at that race!

I would like to see the division divided up a bit. I don't mind driving to Mission as a Div 1 race, but Edmonton & Billings were a bit of a hike. It would be nice if those races farther east & north were in a different division, so we could race them if we have the time, but aren't forced to race them for points.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Ditto, maybe add Firebird(Boise) and Spokane to Div. 1. Think that was in the plans for this year, but the track didn't get to you guys in time. http://www.firebirdonline.com/

morkable
09-29-2008, 04:00 PM
An idea like Michaels would work good for me too. As even going to billings is a long trip, but at least do able. I would like to be competitive in a points race too..

Kevin

rocracing
09-29-2008, 11:19 PM
I want to thank everyone for their input, We need as much input as we can get from people in the Diiesel community. With several tracks contacting us about our 2009 drag race series . We need to know where their is support in the Diesel world , so we can make strong impact for the Diesel community and make our sport grow and become a national force in the racing community.

Next year we plan on splitting division 1 off and breaking Canada into Division 6. I believe this will strenghen both divisions so competitors dont have to travel 24 hours to be able to competite in the points chase.

We also know we need to strengthen both division 2 and division 3 and with new sponsor coming on board in these area it will help the NHRDA expand during the 2009 season.

So keep on giving us racetracks and links to tracks that we should put in our top 10 for the 2009 NHRDA Diesel Drag Race Series

:tree:

massdiesel
09-30-2008, 06:06 AM
atco dragway in NJ

morkable
09-30-2008, 08:24 AM
I want to thank everyone for their input, We need as much input as we can get from people in the Diiesel community. With several tracks contacting us about our 2009 drag race series . We need to know where their is support in the Diesel world , so we can make strong impact for the Diesel community and make our sport grow and become a national force in the racing community.

Next year we plan on splitting division 1 off and breaking Canada into Division 6. I believe this will strenghen both divisions so competitors dont have to travel 24 hours to be able to competite in the points chase.

We also know we need to strengthen both division 2 and division 3 and with new sponsor coming on board in these area it will help the NHRDA expand during the 2009 season.

So keep on giving us racetracks and links to tracks that we should put in our top 10 for the 2009 NHRDA Diesel Drag Race Series

:tree:

This is great news. I just have one question, when you say Canada, how much of Canada are you talking? Which race tracks, this is a very large country......

Kevin

Twisted Shifter
09-30-2008, 08:38 AM
This is great news. I just have one question, when you say Canada, how much of Canada are you talking? Which race tracks, this is a very large country......

Kevin
As of right now the only Canadian talks that I know of are out your way.

morkable
09-30-2008, 08:54 AM
Wheeewww. I was worried, that you were going to put something in PEI or something,, lol

Kevin

Shambo
09-30-2008, 09:40 AM
How about Valdosta Ga,
http://www.racesgmp.com/

IdahoRob
09-30-2008, 10:35 AM
NHRDA, thanks for asking and listening to our opinions on these types of things!

Michael
09-30-2008, 10:40 AM
Yeah, what Rob said! Seriously, it is really appreciated that you guys are getting our opinions on matters like this. I guess one other suggestion would be to try to keep the races evenly spread out across the season, and also try to avoid scheduling conflicts in the region, including big gasser races (like the Boise Bracketeer event). I know, it's asking a lot, but I know you guys ARE that good!

Regards,
Michael Pliska

BigBadDodge
09-30-2008, 03:35 PM
This include sled pulling ?

BBD

The above didn't get answered.

Is the NHRDA having any sled pulling events next year or is this strictly a racing organization now?

BBD

Ghost Rider72
09-30-2008, 06:43 PM
Like to see ya take over the "nationals" at Indy. Also maybe a race at Bowling Green, Ky. (some time after the TS event) and/or something in TN. (Union Hill???)

SmokinDiesel96
09-30-2008, 06:55 PM
Another vote for Pittsburgh Raceway Park

rocracing
09-30-2008, 08:07 PM

Is the NHRDA having any sled pulling events next year or is this strictly a racing organization now?

BBD

Hi Scott
We will be concentrating on drag races and then find local pulling associations to due joint ventures on some of our national events.

We should have our schedule for 2009 done by january and then we will be looking for pulling organizations to contact.

BigBadDodge
09-30-2008, 10:27 PM
Hi Scott
We will be concentrating on drag races and then find local pulling associations to due joint ventures on some of our national events.

We should have our schedule for 2009 done by january and then we will be looking for pulling organizations to contact.

Thanks, sweet I would like to add at least one NHRDA event to my schedule in 2009 :)

BBD

neilden
10-01-2008, 04:05 PM
Orlando drag way and more races in division 4 would be nice if you can do it chris.

COMP461
10-01-2008, 06:50 PM
Of the big tracks , I would recommend

1 Ennis just south of Dallas , it’s the place where the first 4 second top Fuel pass happen by the 4father Eddie Hill , and is a all concrete surface and excellent paved pits with track owned farmland on either side for Sled pulling.

2 Thunder valley just south of OK city it’s a twin to the track surface at Ennis , and has land for sled pulling .
3 Topeka is a great super track , and I haven’t been there is a while, but there was room for sled pulling a few yeas ago

4 No Problem raceway in Bellerose LA, is voted best sportsman track in the country, it has super oxygenated air due to cane fields , and motor home hookups for a fee , and a sports bar under the tower . The owner is a great sportsman racer that takes care of racers

5 Vegas, if you can fill the stands in Vegas, you’re just terrible at promoting
6 San Antonio Texas great track, and room

OTHRGRL
10-01-2008, 07:36 PM
Coastal Plains Raceway, Rockingham Raceway, Kinston Raceway all in NC - not saying you need to be at all of them but seeing you at at least one would be great.

winston
10-01-2008, 09:23 PM
Coastal Plains Raceway in Jacksonville NC nice 1/4 mile track. Also would like to see more sled pulls in division 4.

Opie
10-01-2008, 09:51 PM
Racing or not I try to make the Div 1 races. We need to get the Firebird(Boise) back on the schedule. Some of the most memerable races seem to happen there and for what ever the reason the Chevys actually show up! lol

IdahoRob
10-01-2008, 10:42 PM
Some of the most memerable races seem to happen there and for what ever the reason the Chevys actually show up! lol

Damn Opie, that hurt!

big jake
10-02-2008, 02:13 AM
How about Sacramento Ca. or Infineon Ca., seeing that it got scratched this year!

X2

big jake

NHRDA
10-02-2008, 11:27 AM
Again the NHRDA wants to thank everyone for their input. We are putting all these tracks into our data base and we will narrow them down and start contacting tracks to see if we can add them to your respected divisions.

So keep up with all the great advice on where you want to see the NHRDA in 2009.

Without out great members and competitors there would not be an NHRDA:rockwoot:

thanks for your support

Subman631
10-04-2008, 05:26 PM
Agree, hope to see Boise and Spokane added in Region 1. Maybe co-member Redding and Sacramento with region 2 and then be able to not count 5 races so a person wouldn't have to travel to the really distant venues and still have a shot at the points race.

drillpipe
10-05-2008, 06:31 PM
Thunder Valley Raceway: Noble Oklahoma, just south of Oklahoma City.
http://www.okthunder.com/

Texas Motorplex: Ennis TX, southwest of Dallas
http://www.texasmotorplex.com/index.php

Jim Fulmer
10-05-2008, 06:47 PM
[QUOTE=drillpipe;476031]Thunder Valley Raceway: Noble Oklahoma, just south of Oklahoma City.

Can you imagine a race like this coming the Thunder Valley.....they would flip!

Jim

drillpipe
10-07-2008, 06:28 AM
[QUOTE=drillpipe;476031]Thunder Valley Raceway: Noble Oklahoma, just south of Oklahoma City.

Can you imagine a race like this coming the Thunder Valley.....they would flip!

Jim

It would be a circus for sure.:hehe: But I bet the stands would be full if admission was not too high.

05_LLY
10-07-2008, 08:21 PM
One more vote for Pittsburgh Raceway Park!

http://pittsburghracewaypark.com/

Camotanker
10-07-2008, 08:27 PM
any sledpulling organizations in mind?

would like to see sledpulling in the seattle and portland areas.

redfishman17
10-07-2008, 08:41 PM
www.gainesvilleraceway.com or orlando speed world get my vote..... both close enough to me.

Twisted Shifter
10-08-2008, 08:44 AM
Mid America Raceway on the Illinois side of St. Louis if you don't come already... Never been there yet, so I don't know, but if I knew there would be a diesel event and the date I sure would like to try, lol.

Can you get me contact info on this track? The only thing I can find on the www says it was torn down in 2005

cranked_dodge
10-08-2008, 09:51 AM
More races in Canada would be cool for sure but we got to travel to the races and ended up second in points.. A couple more races a little closer to home for us or even Spokan and Boise would make the trip a little less distance for driving. I enjoy the driving and showing up to the events with the people that I have raced with this year and seeing them all next year will be great as well as we all build friendships. My vote would be for Spokan and Boise as well... and when we get the track done in Rimbey there is for sure a spot here for you guys anytime.

Aaron

weweld
10-08-2008, 11:03 AM
Famoso Raceway @ Bakersfeild CA

rocracing
10-10-2008, 09:50 AM
any sledpulling organizations in mind?

would like to see sledpulling in the seattle and portland areas.

Hey Scott hope all is well. If you want to organize something lets see if we can due something on the same weekend as one of our drag races. How about Bremerton or Portland.

Oilfield_Mafia
10-14-2008, 01:33 PM
Tulsa Raceway Park or OKC would be great.. We dont have near enough Diesel events (if any) in Oklahoma.. Its ridiculous..

SKYNYRD
10-14-2008, 02:20 PM
mason dixon (which also has a sled pulling track) and Cecil county dragway

rocracing
11-17-2008, 03:36 PM
We have put all the above tracks on our contact list for 2009. Are there any other tracks you want to see the NHRDA at in 09.

f6jbob
11-17-2008, 04:32 PM
Great Lakes Dragway at Union Grove, Wi.

Morse
11-17-2008, 04:48 PM
Bradenton Motorsports Park in Bradenton, FL. They have a great track, though they're not overly fond of diesel. They had a diesel race there a few years ago that was extremely unorganized. The trucks were just driving through the water box and tracking water all over the track. They were also not coming to the lines when they were called. Then there was the alcohol issue.. Anyway, they're not overly fond of diesels. A nice organized event could be enough to turn them around though..

WAO Racing
11-17-2008, 05:14 PM
http://houseofhook.com/ 1/4mi track
http://www.darlingtondragway.com/ 1/4mi track

TOMTOM
11-17-2008, 08:02 PM

BBD

Would think the red dodge would bring in a lot of spectator dollar!:cheer:
How about something on the South-central area?
TOMMY

bdrummonds
11-20-2008, 06:48 AM
Montgomery Motorsports Park http://www.mmpdragracing.com/news/081117.html#photos
WE NEED A DIESEL EVENT IN ALABAMA.

Twoforme2
11-30-2008, 10:59 PM
Republik of Kalifornia

Famosa
Sacramento
Infineon
Redding

turbomatt1
12-01-2008, 11:42 AM
Florida's Gainesville Raceway, of corse, gets my vote... there world class & very diesel friendly.
South Georga Motorsports park in Valdosta is also a nice, newer 1/4 mile track.

winston
12-01-2008, 12:41 PM
I think just one in each state in the division would be nice...kinda leaves an even playing field for everyone. Like chris said "Division 4 was Division Florida" LOL!

klincoln
12-02-2008, 07:44 AM
I think we need 4 or 5 in each state:rockwoot: GET ON IT CHRIS!!!!!

neilden
12-02-2008, 08:25 PM
:bang:bang:bang are we going to get someone to give us a fuel sponser for division 4 so we can get to the races?

shayb
12-02-2008, 08:39 PM
Bandimere Speedway, Morrison, Colorado
http://bandimere.com/index.php

jshdappel
12-03-2008, 11:47 AM
Tulsa Raceway park in Tulsa Ok. its a pretty nice track and there is alota diesel nuts around here

rocracing
12-03-2008, 07:54 PM
Thanks again for all the input we have taken all your suggestions and put them into a database and we are currently working on dates and tracks that the NHRDA will be at in 2009 and I think you all will be very happy on the selection of both tracks and events you can attend next year.

02 dodge4x4 5.9
12-03-2008, 09:12 PM
1. www.alabamainternationaldragway.com 1/4 north ala
2.www.atmoredragway.com 1/8 south ala
3.www.mobiledragway.com 1/8 south ala
4.Emerald Coast Dragway .com 1/8 panhandle fla
5.www.Gulfportdragway.com 1/8 south miss
6. No Problem Raceway Park.com 1/4 la.

powerstroke113
12-13-2008, 08:43 PM
Virgina Motorsports Park (http://www.virginiamotorsports.com)

They also do sled pulls on location.

Twisted Shifter
12-13-2008, 09:09 PM
We would like to thank everyone for all the input. We have been working on the schedule for the past few weeks, and we met with several tracks this week at PRI. I think we will have a little something for everyone this year.

powerstroke113
12-14-2008, 07:41 PM
Virgina Motorsports Park (http://www.virginiamotorsports.com)

They also do sled pulls on location.

Oh yea cant forget Outerbanks Speedway in Creswell Nc. You guys deff need to do another pro diesel challenge there. It sucks that last years got cancelled

UNDER-PRESSURE
12-16-2008, 05:34 PM
2 more votes for Orlando here.

william_04_x
12-22-2008, 10:31 PM
Vegas.. (http://www.lvms.com/track_info/strip/)