PDA

View Full Version : good tuner?

number9t
10-13-2008, 01:50 AM
a buddy of mine just bought a 05 duramax and wants to put a banks pda in it. i told him that they are a little over priced and under powered, at least thats the way they are for the fords. am i correct in saying this for the duramax? and also what is a good tuner? i've heard the the ppe and efi live are pretty hard to beat, just looking for everyones$.02 not trying to start a pissing match, just want to know what everyone likes about their tuner, and what they don't. any help is appreciated, thanks
Andy

malibu795
10-13-2008, 04:43 AM
yes banks is over priced for the power they give in the dmax as well.

if he wnat hand held go with PPE ranged form 500-1200 pending programer/ no learnunbg curve

do his own EFI live is un beatable in that aspect. 750.00 does everything has a learning curve. you can either do all of it your self or have some one do it for you and you up load to the truck. there are a couple dmax guy on here that do their one tuneing and can help point himin hte direction to go. either by makeing a tune for him or helping him do it himself.

pat mcswain (mcrat) will throw in a tune if you buy form him, same with guy tripin @ socal diesel
nick (vortecfcar) all do the same..
most of them wont be found on this forum you will have to duramaxdiesels.com or dieselplace.com to get ahold of them.

winston
10-13-2008, 09:45 PM
Adam you forgot about the DA guys ;)

malibu795
10-13-2008, 10:03 PM
get some advetising going then.....................:poke:

Dusty's Diesel
10-13-2008, 10:30 PM
I sell alot of ppe tuners for the D-max and everyone seems to really like them. The EFI live tuned trucks are hard to beat @ the pulls, but I have never been around them personally.

High Tech MAX
10-14-2008, 05:04 PM
ppe hot+2 all the way

number9t
10-16-2008, 09:04 AM
is the ppe a plug and play tuner? he is not the type of guy that would be able to understand how to tune the truck, or take it to a dyno and have someone else do it.

Noreaster
10-16-2008, 09:53 AM
is the ppe a plug and play tuner?

yes, very easy to use.

malibu795
10-16-2008, 12:36 PM
is the ppe a plug and play tuner? he is not the type of guy that would be able to understand how to tune the truck, or take it to a dyno and have someone else do it.

then the PPE is right up his alley :Cheer:

DPDIESEL
10-16-2008, 12:38 PM
You can go with PPE and they do make a great product but they are just as much as EFI Live. If you want a simple plug in downloader you can go with the Quadzilla Stealth 2 and get just as good of product for less money.

Stealth Standard - Info Here (http://dominatordiesel.com/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=110&products_id=1049)

Stealth Race - Info Here (http://dominatordiesel.com/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=110&products_id=1048)

We also do EFI Live and send out a tune with it for whatever you would like or you can purchase the optional switch and your first tune for that is free as well.

Here is a link for the EFI Live - EFI Live Info (http://dominatordiesel.com/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=142&products_id=1359)

Nemo
11-13-2008, 07:13 PM
Ive got a PPE Hot+2 at the moment and have had it for a little bit, I really like it but I am thinking about switching to EFI Live because I know how much stronger my truck can be...

so I say it will all depend on what he wants from it...

-Nemo

georgiadiesel
11-13-2008, 07:24 PM
Efi Live !!

tylerrustLB7
11-13-2008, 11:10 PM
Efi Live !!

$.02