PDA

View Full Version : helping my dodge buddy

pinnacle1
10-05-2006, 09:07 PM
my buddy just bought a 99 dodge 24v with banks intercooler, K&N, banks 5" straight exhaust, with edge juice. He doesn't have access to a computer so I told him Id post up for him cause he wants to know from you dodge experts what he should do to make more power. He told me to ask what turbo and injectors are known for one kick ass set up. about how much will it set him back. also do you know what numbers this desired combo will create. And I have a question does his engine need head studs?

Billysgoat
10-05-2006, 10:34 PM
If he is going to go with a larger set of injectors and a turbo studs are not a bad idea. If he is not going to go to wild with it the stock bolts and headgasket are good to about 45-50 psi of boost if they are retorqued properly.

As for injectors and turbo, just how stooopid does he want to get? And is the tranny still stock?

pinnacle1
10-05-2006, 10:51 PM
tranny is stock but he is a gifted mechanic. if needed he can pull her apart and do what ever. I think he'd like to leave the tranny stock if he can. but he wants the most power for his buck which i think is around 2k or so. just not as long as it exceeds my mods still to come on my ford. J/K his dodge will be a daily driver but he wants what we all want. hella power.

RacinDuallie
10-06-2006, 04:33 AM
If his trans is stock, he needs to invest his money there first........

gwhammy
10-06-2006, 05:27 AM
Look at the side of the block and see if it is a 53 block or not. Alot of them crack down the side stock. A guy a know spent alot on his truck only to have the block to go bad. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but he might as well know now as later.

RacinDuallie
10-06-2006, 07:20 AM
Some do crack- yes. But then again some don't..... But he should investigate to see which block casting he has so he wount be too suprised if it does happen.

Hey, B.T.W. Welcome to CompD, gwhammy:rockwoot:

LAmiller
10-06-2006, 07:52 AM
just one combo, stage 5 jammer tips(150hp) to put on your stock injectors 253.00 Buy it now on Ebay, a Steriod B1 $1000.00, with a drag comp box $450 used, will make right around 500HP and should not need head studs as the steriod B1 pushes roughly 46psi. - just retorque your head bolts!

Trans upgrade Will be needed for this setup!

Ford boys will Not like this setup!

Lavon

RacinDuallie
10-06-2006, 07:57 AM
just one combo, stage 5 jammer tips(150hp) to put on your stock injectors 253.00 Buy it now on Ebay, a Steriod B1 $1000.00, with a drag comp box $450 used, will make right around 500HP and should not need head studs as the steriod B1 pushes roughly 46psi. - just retorque your head bolts!

Trans upgrade Will be needed for this setup!

Ford boys will Not like this setup!

Lavon

You may get the headgasket to live under those circumstances, mine didn't with Drag Comp,B1,and stage 6's....:doh:

Billysgoat
10-07-2006, 02:48 AM
A retorqued head and some care with the skinny pedal are called for, if the engine is not fully up to operating temp, don't mash the skinny pedal down fully.

Trust Me :doh: