PDA

View Full Version : Questions about SCT

jyarber
10-09-2006, 09:00 PM
I have just recently bought an 04 6.0L and I am fixing to start puttin the mods to it. I know that Im going to go with an MBRP 5" Turbo back exhaust straight pipe and the afe stage 2 intake system, banks intercooler setup and then of course sct. I have read and been told to come to yall and run the sct xcal2 because its the best on the market and yall know your stuff. I was looking on yalls site at the files yall have. I think that I would want to run tow, street and looney files. I am just curious what hp each one of those files have? Also kind of egt's would I be running with the looney file? My truck is a daily driver and I use it at work. Every now and then at work (construction) I pull some pretty heavy loads, tractors, wood, metal etc so its usually 6000lbs plus. So I would be using the tow file for that. But when its time to play I like to play, so the looney file is what Id like to use because I want most hp as possible with still being somewhat safe. I dont mind a little bit of firmness in the shifts when its on looney but nothing to extreme. I dont like the feeling like its fixing to break haha. Id like for it to be comfortable shifts when its turned down on the smaller files if possible.

CBSuperDuty
10-10-2006, 08:36 AM
I will send you an email or PM shortly to address some things with you.

Chris

Mooring Product
10-10-2006, 09:31 AM
I run the Looney daily. The shifts are smooth all the time even when your wot. Make sure you put gauges in to monitor egts. I made this mistake and need gaskets. I had another programmer in my truck with no gauges and my truck pukes if I'm hard on it.
You need to send out a picture of your face when you first mash the throttle. Priceless.

MOMBENZ
10-10-2006, 06:43 PM
You need to send out a picture of your face when you first mash the throttle. Priceless.

I know, I've seen that too :lolly: Actually, it lasts for more than just a moment :woohoo:

Peter, I read your post and left you a message today.

I want to excuse us. We have an auto reply on our email that we are out when in fact, we are getting ready for the move. We are moving to Ocala (4 1/2 miles Northwest of Miami) in about two weeks and I have 3200 sq. ft. to pack, give away, sell, throw out! I have a lady that comes in to help me and I have to give her my undivided attention. We have five grown children and when they moved out, they only took what they wanted. Seven-and-a-half-years in the same place doesn't help either!

I do log on periodically and we try to answer all communications. On Thursday we fly into Houston for the DHRA finals, returning on Monday. We have asked Chris (CBSuperduty) to hold up the fort this week. Thanks Chris!

Lastly, anyone who is going to be in Houston this weekend, hope we can meet.

Thanks,
Vivian

UpstateDiesel
10-11-2006, 05:14 AM
Isn't Ocala up in the center of the state, I know my grandparents live near Silver Springs which is a bit East of Ocala. However I do not know Florida that well and maybe there is another town called Ocala. Chris

MOMBENZ
10-15-2006, 04:50 PM
I have just recently bought an 04 6.0L and I am fixing to start puttin the mods to it. I know that Im going to go with an MBRP 5" Turbo back exhaust straight pipe and the afe stage 2 intake system, banks intercooler setup and then of course sct. I have read and been told to come to yall and run the sct xcal2 because its the best on the market and yall know your stuff. I was looking on yalls site at the files yall have. I think that I would want to run tow, street and looney files. I am just curious what hp each one of those files have? Also kind of egt's would I be running with the looney file? My truck is a daily driver and I use it at work. Every now and then at work (construction) I pull some pretty heavy loads, tractors, wood, metal etc so its usually 6000lbs plus. So I would be using the tow file for that. But when its time to play I like to play, so the looney file is what Id like to use because I want most hp as possible with still being somewhat safe. I dont mind a little bit of firmness in the shifts when its on looney but nothing to extreme. I dont like the feeling like its fixing to break haha. Id like for it to be comfortable shifts when its turned down on the smaller files if possible.

Congratulations on your purchase. The hp depends greatly on your truck, trucks computer and your driving. The looney is a race file and we have seen up to 1200-1300 on the egts. It's a good idea to install gauges but also be assured that our tunes are safe. As far as towing, DJ does not believe in towing more than 8500 lbs. with a tune because of overheating, especially when you travel in hilly terrains. We do implement firmer shifts with the looney but have found that the more power you have, the less firm the shifts will feel.

I apologize for not responding to your questions sooner but any time the questions and reply are technical I got to get with DJ. Believe it or not it is not always that we are both available to sit together.

We carry the Banks Intercooler, so let us know when you are ready.

Thanks,
Vivian

MOMBENZ
10-15-2006, 04:52 PM
Isn't Ocala up in the center of the state, I know my grandparents live near Silver Springs which is a bit East of Ocala. However I do not know Florida that well and maybe there is another town called Ocala. Chris

Yes Chris, it is in the center of the state. Once we move we will be 2 1/2 hours from the Florida/Georgia line, instead of the 6.5-7 hours. Silver Springs is a very nice place.

Thanks,
Vivian

UpstateDiesel
10-15-2006, 06:23 PM
Very Cool. It's a nice area around there, an overlooked pa of Florida. Chris

jyarber
10-16-2006, 10:34 AM
will my truck with sct (looney), exhaust, intake and banks intercooler system be able to out run the new dodges with programmers,exhaust and intakes?

MOMBENZ
10-17-2006, 09:10 PM
What is your original computer code/tear tag? What is your strategy?

Thanks,
Vivian

jyarber
10-17-2006, 10:40 PM
I haven't checked my computer code yet.. What exactly do you mean by tear bag and stradegy? I want to put my foot in the floor and blow some dodges off the road!!

MOMBENZ
10-18-2006, 07:38 PM
My kind of people j/k everyone is the same. I like blowing away the little cars :Cheer: that make alot of noise.

Here are instructions for the simplest way to get to the code:

Facing the truck it's on the right behind the battery. Remove the battery cover. Remove three plugs on that shiny thing which is your PCM. Remove two 10mm bolts. Remove PCM and turn it upside down. There's a little sticker that shows three letters and a number, i.e. YRE2, DAX0, TBS7, BKG9. That is your computer code/tear tag. I suggest you place the sticker on the right hand side of the PCM so you can always see it.

For the strategy:
Here are quick instructions on how to get at it:

Hook-up the programmer to the truck
Return the truck to stock
Go down to DTC
Hit select
Scroll down to strategy

Send us those numbers and letters to us.

Thanks,
Vivian

CBSuperDuty
10-19-2006, 08:42 AM
I don't think that he has an SCT yet so he will not be able to get the strategy (if that is the case).

jyarber
10-19-2006, 02:16 PM
Yea I dont have the programmer yet, so what now?

05BHD
10-19-2006, 03:43 PM
whats the strategy determine?

CBSuperDuty
10-19-2006, 04:02 PM
Yea I dont have the programmer yet, so what now?

You will need to get the computer code per the instructions above from Vivian.

jyarber
10-19-2006, 06:58 PM
So pretty much I get the programmer then Ill do the stradegy, then send that info back to him and then he can send me new files? What exactly does the stradegy help him do?

CBSuperDuty
10-20-2006, 06:59 AM
You would send us your computer code and your new SCT would come loaded with 3 tunes for you to try. If any of those tunes acted wierd then we would have you pull your strategy and send it to us. I will let DJ or Vivian explain the specifics but essentially it will tell them the current computer codes and firmware for a couple of modules (if I understand and worded that correctly).

MOMBENZ
10-20-2006, 11:16 AM
Hi jyarber,

I sent you an email.

Thanks,
Vivian

P.S. Thank you CB :ylsuper:

BFD99
10-20-2006, 05:07 PM
hey viv, do you guys have any time here soon to get us a looney tune? we wanna buy a tune but i wondered how long till DJ would have time to build us one? thanks Dex

MOMBENZ
10-22-2006, 07:36 PM
Hi Dex,

I had not idea you wanted to Go Looney! DJ can send it to you tomorrow.

Please send us an email at domingo@dj-performance.com or a PM with your email address.

Thanks,
Vivian

BFD99
10-22-2006, 09:21 PM
i will be with my dad today, so i could load it up today. i will call ya when he calls me with the strategy