PDA

View Full Version : custom build transmissions by Garmon diesel

triton
11-20-2008, 06:59 AM
for those that don't know, Jeff @ Garmon diesel performance is now building whole transmissions under his own brand of parts.

They will contain torque converters specially designed for Garmon diesel, valve bodies custom built by Garmon diesel and all billet " Opie " shafts. They will also have a custom external fluid filter.

They can come in full competition builds to basic upgrades. All parts will be warrantied for 2 full unconditional years. Whole transmissions will be built and sent to customers for the install or if you're in the area he'd be happy to do the install for you.

There's many builders out there and many do a great job. Jeff is no exception. He builds some of the strongest transmission in racing and now they're getting even stronger.

My truck has a full Garmon diesel competition build. I've made well over 100 passes this last season on 37's at 8500lbs without any issue. Many passes netted 1.7 60ft times. That’s a lot of stress from a heavy truck and I contribute it holding together because of the quality build by Garmon diesel

Anyone interested can get a hold of Jeff @ 770-898-8585

BUCKSHOT
11-20-2008, 09:08 AM
Will one of them fit in my Duramax Ty?

triton
11-20-2008, 02:00 PM
I'm sure he could rig you something up LOL Alice is just a 6 speed :-)

hjpcummins
11-22-2008, 02:05 PM
i also have a full billet from jeff.....great firm shifts and have about 4 pass;s on the 1/4. and plenty of playing on asphalt!!:rockwoot:

trapit
12-06-2008, 04:45 PM
good i need a new torqshift soon, and he's in Ga right?

12-07-2008, 10:32 AM
I also have a tranny built by jeff..i've had no problems with it ..:rockwoot:

12-07-2008, 10:33 AM
Yes he is located in griffin Ga

trapit
12-07-2008, 02:36 PM
is he just Dodge?

Big Swole
12-07-2008, 02:43 PM
is he just Dodge?

NOPE!! He's a one stop shop!! He will do Ford's and GM's as well...

He def. does more Dodge's due to the fact that he's a severe CUMMINS Freak like most of us here.!!! lol

Call him!!!

I've got one of his Full Billet 48re's!!! He's got some custom parts being built too!!! Very trick!! Flex Plate stuff and internals....

The man know his Chit!!!!

Big Swole
12-07-2008, 02:47 PM
:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

Hey everybody!!! Who am I imitating!!????

I guess I'm a cheerleader for Jeff like COMP is for I.I.......:hehe:

TY, you are guilty too man!!!! You started the thread and beat me to it!!!

Seriously though, Jeff is worth cheering for!!!

triton
12-07-2008, 03:20 PM
easy now... I would go that far :hehe:

I asked Jeff if he wanted me to get this word out which he did so, here it is.

I would say I'm a Garmon diesel advocate :lolly:

Big Swole
12-07-2008, 04:01 PM
easy now... I would go that far :hehe:

I asked Jeff if he wanted me to get this word out which he did so, here it is.

I would say I'm a Garmon diesel advocate :lolly:

Advocate!!! Ha!! Well, At least your on the pay roll....:hehe:

Ok, I'm just a Fan then !!!! hehe

turbomatt1
12-07-2008, 09:27 PM
...yea... I guess his trannys & converters are OK. Mines managed to hold up for 40k miles or so, but my truck has less than 1400ftlbs of torque, & I NEVER abuse, or work it hard. However, I must complain about his customer service... I contacted him a while back to address a shifting issue, but he has yet to respond to the complaint. It seams, ever since he rebuilt the tranny in my truck, when it shifts 1-2, at WOT, with the converter locked, it immediatly causes the CD player to eject my Kenny G. disc.

triton
12-07-2008, 10:48 PM
so he can build a trans right LOL

dixieoffroad86
12-15-2008, 09:26 AM
im not very impressed i had a transmission rebuilt by garmon that has around 8-10 thousand miles on it, had to take it back to him after a week due to faulty torque converter, and now the transmission is slipping bad and if i hook a trailer to it it will not shift right at all, and it has a horrible lag in between shifts, and cannot get in touch with garmon to discuss fixing, paid 2500 bucks and fuel to drive back and forth and its worse than the factory dodge

triton
12-15-2008, 09:31 AM
im not very impressed i had a transmission rebuilt by garmon that has around 8-10 thousand miles on it, had to take it back to him after a week due to faulty torque converter, and now the transmission is slipping bad and if i hook a trailer to it it will not shift right at all, and it has a horrible lag in between shifts, and cannot get in touch with garmon to discuss fixing, paid 2500 bucks and fuel to drive back and forth and its worse than the factory dodge

Garmon is good with trannies but, no one is perfect. It may not have been something he did at all. $2500 is a quarter of what a full build can cost. You may have something else going on besides what Jeff did.

Complaining about it online will get you no where though. Jeff is hard to get a hold of sometimes but, if you were to take this issue to him, I'm sure he'd be happy to take care of it for you. I'd try leaving him a message or you can PM him here ( Jeff2 )

dixieoffroad86
12-15-2008, 09:42 AM
ive left a message and waiting for a call back. i took it to him and he said he could do a stock build for 1500 or a stronger build (not billet or anything) for 2500, this was all i needed since its a mostly stock 01 3/4ton. and it was good at first, but the shifts got continually slower, and harder it has gotten to where it drags for about 5 seconds in between shifts and then about throws you out of the seat, and when i was pulling a trailer the other day (about 4500lbs) going up very small hills the trans didnt want to shift at all.

Signature600
12-15-2008, 09:49 AM
Problems happen...never dealt with Jeff on a tranny, but I paid way more for my tranny, with a lot of parts in it, and even I have had some trouble with it;)

Give him time to get it resolved...your tranny builder can either be a good friend, or a bad enemy...whichever you chose;)

Chris

triton
12-15-2008, 09:51 AM
you may have crud in the fluid or a dirty filter. It doesn't take much to clog up some of the orifices or solenoids which could cause poor shifting.

I'll give him a call and mention you're having trouble. He's not going to leave you hanging. He's a one man show so, it very common to have trouble getting a hold of him. If he answered every call, he'd not get a thing done because it rings every 2 minutes..... literally.

dixieoffroad86
12-15-2008, 09:51 AM
well im trying to give him a chance, i had heard great things so i tried him on this one since my usual tranny mechanic doesnt do diesels. i figured jeff would be a good choice from his reputatation and hopefully we can work this out

Big Swole
12-15-2008, 10:05 AM
well im trying to give him a chance, i had heard great things so i tried him on this one since my usual tranny mechanic doesnt do diesels. i figured jeff would be a good choice from his reputatation and hopefully we can work this out

Sounds like you may have trash in the electronics of the Valve body....Dodge tranny's are famous for that....quick fix...

As for my Garmon tranny....NOTHING but please so far.....Many Many hard launches and racing....Much hard playing on the street as well....NO Probs...

PM me you name and number....My truck is there now and I'll be down there on Wed and Thurs....I will have him call you......

Jeff is the Most Stand-Up guy I know in the mechanic business....He just a ONE -MAN show with a little ADHD!!! LOL

He'll make it right man!!!! BUT as most were saying....$2500 isn't that much for tranny work..

dixieoffroad86
12-15-2008, 10:29 AM
well mine wasnt a real high performance build thats why it was 2500, at the time i had a programmer but it was taken out right after the truck left garmons, the only thing the truck has is a 4 inch exhaust and no cats, i just wanted something a lil stouter than the factory dodge, and at first it was good shifted a lil harder than id like but shifted good and ran great, but in the past two weeks it has gotten worse and lagging between shifts and not wanting to shift under a load

Big Swole
12-15-2008, 10:42 AM
well mine wasnt a real high performance build thats why it was 2500, at the time i had a programmer but it was taken out right after the truck left garmons, the only thing the truck has is a 4 inch exhaust and no cats, i just wanted something a lil stouter than the factory dodge, and at first it was good shifted a lil harder than id like but shifted good and ran great, but in the past two weeks it has gotten worse and lagging between shifts and not wanting to shift under a load

Sounds very indicative of trash in the Gov.Pres Sensor or Trans ducer..(electronic)......Mine did that one time a while back.....

You may want to spring for his NEW external Trans filter system he is selling now....Will help big time with keeping the electronics clean....

dixieoffroad86
12-15-2008, 10:45 AM
i have an external trans filter already on it, previous owner had it installed cooling lines run through an oil filter then back out, but not sure if its trash in it or not, ive never messed with the diesels much ive always done gas thats why i let him work on it, i try to do as little work on this one as possible leave it to the people who know what they are doing

LAmiller
12-15-2008, 01:16 PM
Clean your govener pressure silenoid and flush your tranny lines and cooler.

dixieoffroad86
12-15-2008, 02:23 PM
well finally got in touch with jeff, and im taking it down there tommorow to get it looked at, so we will see what the problem is, thanks for the help

Big Swole
12-17-2008, 09:05 PM

Hey man!!!

I was down at Garmons today....Saw and road in your truck....

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with you tranny or Any work that Jeff did on your truck!!!! Ha!! You aren't going to beleive what your problem was!! :hehe:

Call Jeff!!!!

BUT, for the record and to make things right with Jeff....Once you talk to Jeff, it might be a nice jesture to Post a Retraction of the Tranny thing!!

It had NOTHING to do with the tranny!!!! lol

mudder500
12-17-2008, 09:12 PM
Come on Swole let the cat out the bag. LOL

turbomatt1
12-17-2008, 11:45 PM
Hey man!!!

I was down at Garmons today....Saw and road in your truck....

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with you tranny or Any work that Jeff did on your truck!!!! Ha!! You aren't going to beleive what your problem was!! :hehe:

It had NOTHING to do with the tranny!!!! lol

LoL... When he described it as "not wanting to shift under load" I kind of suspected it had a run issue.
...Now... back to my complaint: ...as of today, my Kenny G. CD is scratched beyond repair. It's hit the floor one too many times.
Unless Garmons Diesel agrees to replace it immediatly, I'll be on the phone with ATS's lawyers tomorow.

:evil

Luken
12-18-2008, 12:03 AM
...Now... back to my complaint: ...as of today, my Kenny G. CD is scratched beyond repair. It's hit the floor one too many times.
Unless Garmons Diesel agrees to replace it immediatly, I'll be on the phone with ATS's lawyers tomorow.

:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:

BigUgly
12-18-2008, 05:23 AM
LoL... When he described it as "not wanting to shift under load" I kind of suspected it had a run issue.

That's what you get....
Now if you had a super-powerfull Jeep Grand Cherokee with the wicked 4.0L I-6 :woohoo: you wouldn't need to deal with that back-woods redneck LOL !
Just kidding Jeff, you da man and when I get another diesel, she'll be yours to molest!
Josiah

iracemx6
12-18-2008, 07:30 AM

And you actually admit to listening to Kenny G:hehe:

Big Swole
12-18-2008, 03:08 PM
Come on Swole let the cat out the bag. LOL

Not really my place to....I just wanted everyone to know that the tranny was just fine and drove great...I didn't think Jeff had messed up like he said....

I don't want to call out someone that I don't really know....

RonA
12-18-2008, 03:16 PM
Does Mr. Garmon have any tricks up his sleeve for the 47RH?

Big Swole
12-18-2008, 03:55 PM

Oh, I'm sure he does!!! Call him!! You won't be disappointed!!

turbomatt1
12-18-2008, 04:33 PM

RH's are his speciality! :bow:
...But make sure you ask for the "mild" (Kenny G-friendly) build.

12-18-2008, 07:22 PM
Ya'll are a bunch of nuts:rockwoot:..I like Kenny G myself..I think my tranny is a little above the mild stage

Big Swole
12-18-2008, 08:06 PM
Ya'll are a bunch of nuts:rockwoot:..I like Kenny G myself..I think my tranny is a little above the mild stage

I'll admit to liking Kenny G as well.....JAZZ is my music of choice for my 12 hr day in the patrol car!....It calms me down after dealing with freakin Idiot's all day!!! lol

BTW, Sticky.....Most all the parts are in....I'll be at Jeff on every off day working on my rebuild...Come hang out....

I'll be off next Mon and Tues.....Then Friday after Christmas and the whole week after until new Years.....

bones
12-18-2008, 08:39 PM
so Jeff no longer uses suncoast parts?

triton
12-18-2008, 08:46 PM
to warranty say a TC through Suncoast, he had to send it back to them so they could rebuild it. They wouldn't let him use a new replacement. That caused or will cause his customers to be down for longer than they should.

Jeff got with a company that will ship immediately for warranty and/or he can have them in stock. I believe their warranty is longer than Suncoast also. He said they're built to his specs. I believe he's always used Sonnax, plus, he's hooked up with Opie for his parts to help ensure the best are going in the competition builds

turbomatt1
12-18-2008, 08:54 PM
Stanly Clark, Norman Brown, Boney James... all Smooth Jazz rockers. Kenny G is actually a little generic... I just picked that one to poke fun at Jeff ( He hates anything softer than Metalica / Kid Rock!)
But Seriously... Anyone that knows me, or has ridden in my truck, knows how badly I abuse it. Rear tires often last only a few hundred miles, & it rarely sits parked at any get together, as there is always a long list of folks who need to see what it's like to drift sideways at 60mph in a 6000lb pickup.
I use it to transport cars all over my area, & to haul my 30' 5th wheel travel trailer to most races, & even got to haul Jeff's race truck around a few times. I cleaned out my center console a few days ago & there were over 100 time slips (yes, a hundred!) Some from way back when it was in the 13's, up to my most recent NHRDA Super Street Championship winning 11.40 pass. That all adds up to about 40k miles on the Jeff Garmon built tranny, that hasn't even had a fluid change since installed. I dont even want to think about all the times I launched w/ 4th gear manually enabled, or when I try to stop with the converter still locked (thats an ugly sound!)... & jeez, I almost forgot about all the abuse it took while my son was learning to race Quick Diesel with it! (BTW Matt Jr might be the only teenager in the nation to have made an 11sec pass in a 6000 pound truck!) ... but anyway back to the point of this thread... If you need a REAL tranny, You need to meet Jeff.
:tree:

Big Swole
12-18-2008, 08:58 PM
He's got an AWESOME new Flex plate that he's having made too!! Saw it yesterday!! And there's some other new custom parts being made as well....

That thing is bad a$$!!!

BigUgly
12-19-2008, 05:09 AM
Any word on this guy's truck? Any quick post saying that Jeff wasn't at fault?
Josiah

Big Swole
12-19-2008, 11:30 PM
Any word on this guy's truck? Any quick post saying that Jeff wasn't at fault?
Josiah

Yes....did you not see my ealier post from page 2 I think....

NO!!! Jeff was not to blame at ALL!!!

It had NOTHING to do with the tranny!!! More like a lack of maintenance thing!!! lol

Not that Jeff can't make a mistake every once and a while like ALL of us, But they are Very Few and far between.....But this time, There was NO fault by "THE" Jeff Garmon!!! LOL

BigUgly
12-20-2008, 07:15 AM
Yeah, I was wondering if it was something like a clogged filter (air or fuel) or maybe a turbo problem.
Oh well, glad it got worked out.
Josiah

dixieoffroad86
12-20-2008, 09:12 PM
well i screwed up, i thought it was the tranny, jeff got it fixed it had a bad exhaust leak, and air filter, in all the vehicles ive messed with (gas) an exhaust leak and filter never caused trans to shift badly but what do ya expect out of a danged ol dodge. picky little trucks.

mudder500
12-20-2008, 09:22 PM
Thats funny. I know to check that if somthing happens to my truck. LOL

Burner
12-21-2008, 12:47 AM
If not a SunCoast converter then who's? Having a 'spec' built converter is great but who is building it? (I'm SURE Jeff picked a VERY good builder, just donno who?)

triton
12-21-2008, 10:54 AM
If not a SunCoast converter then who's? Having a 'spec' built converter is great but who is building it? (I'm SURE Jeff picked a VERY good builder, just donno who?)

IIRC, same company that makes them for Suncoast with "Thee Jeff Garmon" specs.

Jeff2
12-21-2008, 11:09 AM
Actually suncoast makes all of the parts in house for their converter now
I use precision industries in tennesee for my triple disc I get a two year unconditional warrantee which I pass along to the customer! I have no refresh fees for two years no questions asked! I also keep 5 in stock at all times for warranty swap no charge! In the past shipping to and from a converter builder while a truck hangs on the lift just got to be too much. Not to talk bad about suncoast they build a fabulous product!! I am just in faster paced trany service and needed my own product.
PS I really miss mister webb!

Big Swole
12-21-2008, 11:40 AM
Actually suncoast makes all of the parts in house for their converter now
I use precision industries in tennesee for my triple disc I get a two year unconditional warrantee which I pass along to the customer! I have no refresh fees for two years no questions asked! I also keep 5 in stock at all times for warranty swap no charge! In the past shipping to and from a converter builder while a truck hangs on the lift just got to be too much. Not to talk bad about suncoast they build a fabulous product!! I am just in faster paced trany service and needed my own product.
PS I really miss mister webb!

Straight from the horses mouth!!! LOL

trapit
12-21-2008, 01:15 PM
So how much is one of the tranny's gonna run me? and does the warranty still cover 700hp?

Big Swole
12-21-2008, 01:23 PM
So how much is one of the tranny's gonna run me? and does the warranty still cover 700hp?

I'll be down there tommorow and with Jeff....Call his cell (404 557 4972)around 10am or so (Eastern Time) and leave him a vmail if he doesn't answer....I'll remind him to get back with ya on it!!

what's the tranny for?? Ford, Dodge, Chevy??

trapit
12-21-2008, 02:06 PM
it's for my 08 Ford...so a 5r110 rebuild

Big Swole
12-21-2008, 02:56 PM

ok, call him tmrw....
I'm not familiar with the new ford tranny's and if Jeff has done them yet....
We'll check tmrw!!!

triton
12-21-2008, 03:35 PM

I'll let Swole answer your questions but, to help a little, the warranty is unconditional for 2 yrs. Even at 1000hp. That's parts only though, not labor. If you do have a problem, you take it a part send/bring Jeff the components and they're warrantied for up to 2 yrs, no questions asked

Since your truck is so new, this may not apply. His competition builds consist of Garmon TC and Intelligent Engineering (http://www.opieparts.com/index.htm) parts and as far as I know, he's only making his shafts for the Dodge 1994 and up 518, 618, 46RH, 46RE, 47RH, 47RE & 48RE

as for cost that should be between you and Jeff but, it's no more or less than a typical competition built trans.

TooMuchBoost
01-27-2009, 07:35 AM
I've known Jeff for about 7 years and I can tell you this once he sets his mind to something you better get out of his way because his determination to succeed is 2nd to none.

On my weekly commute to Blairsville yesterday I passed Jeff and Phil on I-75 in downtown ATL about 5:30 in the morning and Jeff clued me in on his latest piece of the puzzle....my only advice is watch out for him and Phil in 2009 because both of these guys win when they put their minds to something! :cheer::Cheer:

Big Swole
01-27-2009, 08:29 AM
I've known Jeff for about 7 years and I can tell you this once he sets his mind to something you better get out of his way because his determination to succeed is 2nd to none.

On my weekly commute to Blairsville yesterday I passed Jeff and Phil on I-75 in downtown ATL about 5:30 in the morning and Jeff clued me in on his latest piece of the puzzle....my only advice is watch out for him and Phil in 2009 because both of these guys win when they put their minds to something! :cheer::Cheer:

It's gonna be freakin SWEET huh???!!!!!!

Anyone needed a tranny wether tow, race, both, custom, Whatever!!!

Call Garmon's Diesel Performance!!!!!

TooMuchBoost
01-27-2009, 08:54 AM
It's gonna be freakin SWEET huh???!!!!!!

Anyone needed a tranny wether tow, race, both, custom, Whatever!!!

Call Garmon's Diesel Performance!!!!!

It's going to be beautiful thing that's for sure...;)

jordanjames81
01-27-2009, 09:25 AM
id say give jeff a chance, i've never dealt with him but i'd say he would take care of you. if you cant get things fixed by him you might call dave at goerend his is a awsome guy to deal with he done my tranny and i had sum issue and he got them straightend out but i had to wait my turn getting ahold of him. just keep trying to contact jeff.

Big Swole
01-27-2009, 10:02 AM
id say give jeff a chance, i've never dealt with him but i'd say he would take care of you. if you cant get things fixed by him you might call dave at goerend his is a awsome guy to deal with he done my tranny and i had sum issue and he got them straightend out but i had to wait my turn getting ahold of him. just keep trying to contact jeff.

Anybody ever have trouble getting ahold of Jeff, Feel free to contact me by PM, email, or my cell!!!! I'm make sure he gets back to you!! You just CAN'T believe the calls he gets all day !!! Most of them are just people who will never spend a dime with him but want info.....But he trys to help them anyway!!!

My contact info:
David Elrod
dcelrod@charter.net
404-791-6320 cell

Big Swole
01-27-2009, 10:05 AM

Anybody ever have trouble getting ahold of Jeff, Feel free to contact me by PM, email, or my cell!!!! I'm make sure he gets back to you!! You just CAN'T believe the calls he gets all day !!! Most of them are just people who will never spend a dime with him but want info.....But he trys to help them anyway!!!

My contact info:
David Elrod
dcelrod@charter.net
404-791-6320 cell

Big Swole
01-27-2009, 10:12 AM

My contact info:
David Elrod
dcelrod@charter.net
404-791-6320 cell

Big Swole
01-27-2009, 10:39 AM
OOOOPPPPSSS!!!!!!

Sorry!!! Don't know how that happened.....Was having trouble with the site!

Burner
01-27-2009, 06:01 PM
Terry's Jeff?

Big Swole
01-27-2009, 07:33 PM
Terry's Jeff?

I thought he mean't Jeff Garmon!! That's the thread we're in!!!!

Either way!! If anyone needs THE Jeff Garmon....Let me know!!!

ARbowhunter7
02-04-2009, 11:57 PM
Not to break up the Dodge-fest, but just wanted to add that Jeff's great with an Allison too. He built mine a little while back, and I've towed around 12K with it every weekday, and made COUNTLESS runs at the track (and hooks to the sled) with 554 rwhp...has never missed a beat.

Morse
02-05-2009, 03:37 PM
Just another comment.. I just got my trans in that Jeff built.. Needless to say, the truck feels faster than before.. The third gear shift is now very crisp like the 1-2 shift.. It ran a diesel only 11.71 pass on the previous trans. I will let everyone know the exact results.. The drag strip is closed here tonight because it's supposed to be around 40.. I'm anxious to make a pass.. Again, thanks Jeff..

charbroiled
02-11-2009, 07:53 PM
has jeff done a fully built 68rfe yet. i need one now, but i have heard nothing but problems from other companies' "bullet proof" trannies. :bang

stubz616
03-07-2009, 07:51 AM
for those prices he sounds reasonable. I just got a 47RH built by Dave Goerend with billet shafts, a triple disc torque converter, modified valve body, BD pressure Loc, and a billet flex plate. great quality but i also had to pay for it. i got mine for $5195 and that was with about $1000 off the original price because me and a buddy ordered two complete trans at the same time. all good mechanics, trans builders, or anything like that are hard to get ahold of, but usually once you get in contact with them they are more than happy to take care of any problems you have... especially if it is with one of their own products.

250sprayboy06
03-09-2009, 08:15 PM
R they outragiously high like ATS an HTS?

triton
03-09-2009, 08:22 PM
depends on what your idea of high is. Anywhere you go, you're looking at around 7K for a full competition built trans. I believe Garmons are just under 7K but, it all depends on what you have done.

Rob D
03-10-2009, 06:35 AM

I thought I remembered reading a while back that he wouldn't touch the 5R anymore...but that might have been a different tranny builder...

Let us know, I'll be needing a new trans soon too!

triton
03-10-2009, 06:39 AM
no, he doesn't build Ford trannys....

Big Swole
03-10-2009, 06:42 AM
no, he doesn't build Ford trannys....

Actually he does, but I just don't think he prefers too...

Mainly cause everything else on Ford's are so hard to work on and get to...But he will do it..

Rob D
03-10-2009, 06:46 AM
...I thought he might mess with the 4rs but not 5rs

Big Swole
03-10-2009, 07:29 AM
...I thought he might mess with the 4rs but not 5rs

Just give him a call on his cell!! He won't mind at all!!

404-557-4972

Tell'm Big Swole sent ya!!! lol

Rob D
03-10-2009, 07:46 AM
thanks big swole hahahaha..

My war with the dealership is not over yet though, am going to try to and get a free one before investing 6k - I was more so answering for the guy with the 08 6.4

triton
03-10-2009, 08:44 AM
Actually he does, but I just don't think he prefers too...

Mainly cause everything else on Ford's are so hard to work on and get to...But he will do it..

told me he wouldn't touch a Ford transmission. I had 2 guys wanting work done and they had to go elsewhere

Big Swole
03-10-2009, 09:04 AM
told me he wouldn't touch a Ford transmission. I had 2 guys wanting work done and they had to go elsewhere

LOL

He just doesn't like 'em

He'll do it but I think its the guys that drive to his shop and get in his face....I guess he feels guilty if he turns them away!!! lol

I see ford there from time to time...

triton
03-10-2009, 09:08 AM
LOL

He just doesn't like 'em

He'll do it but I think its the guys that drive to his shop and get in his face....I guess he feels guilty if he turns them away!!! lol

I see ford there from time to time...

maybe he will work on a work truck trnas but, he flat out told me Ford trannies suck even after they're built and doesn't touch them

not my business though ...

Big Swole
03-10-2009, 12:14 PM
maybe he will work on a work truck trnas but, he flat out told me Ford trannies suck even after they're built and doesn't touch them

not my business though ...

I think we're (Ty and I) both saying the same thing!!

Cut and Dry!! Garmon just loves Cummins / Dodge stuff!!!

Just sell the Ford and buy a Cummins / Dodge!!!!! lol

Slowpoke
03-10-2009, 09:02 PM
Jeff finished a 5R today. Good units, will be more than happy to discuss your needs and build your tranny!

triton
03-10-2009, 09:33 PM
Jeff finished a 5R today. Good units, will be more than happy to discuss your needs and build your tranny!

well... it seems Jeff has had a change of heart with the Fords then. I brought him a full Ford build but, he told me he wanted nothing to do a the Ford trannys.

Big Swole
03-10-2009, 09:50 PM

CALLING ALL FORD GUYS!!!!

Phil and Jeff are ready for ya!!!

Its only money, Right!!!!!

03-10-2009, 10:01 PM
CALLING ALL FORD GUYS!!!!

Phil and Jeff are ready for ya!!!

Its only money, Right!!!!!

well big swole.i really don't think there will be to many ford tranny's bein built.They don't make enogh power to break only dodges do .lol Just playin ford guys:cheer:

20cumminsram05
04-28-2009, 06:05 PM
I'm gonna be callin Jeff soon for a 48re build, Ive got a few mods in mind that the stocker isn't gonna like.

Big Swole
06-19-2009, 08:23 PM
Bump!

Anybody need a tranny????

Burner
06-19-2009, 09:08 PM
........68RFE possible?

ktmracer21
06-19-2009, 09:27 PM

i honestly dont buy that its jeffs fault at all...i was having issues with my truck shifting erratically and throwing the p1751 and 1754 code (i had a post on it) now i live near pittsburgh and certainly cant just drive to georgia. i called him a few times in a row and basically laid under my truck tryin tricks. we got it figured out and i just got home from getting the parts in...gov pressure solenoid and transducer....i have to say thanks for taking the time to help me out and get my truck right on an issue that wasnt even caused by the parts i purchased!!!:thankyou2:

ETO
06-24-2009, 08:11 PM
I've had my Garmon trans in my 95 2500 for three days now and I can say I love it well worth the wait. I got a full rebuild with a few of the billet goodies to make sure it will take everything I will ever throw at it. Now I can't wait to get some real power to it. Thanks to Jeff, Phil and Rick for all the help. :bow:

Big Swole
08-06-2009, 05:19 AM
I've had my Garmon trans in my 95 2500 for three days now and I can say I love it well worth the wait. I got a full rebuild with a few of the billet goodies to make sure it will take everything I will ever throw at it. Now I can't wait to get some real power to it. Thanks to Jeff, Phil and Rick for all the help. :bow:

Bump for anyone searching a new Tranny!!

tt433
08-06-2009, 09:13 PM
Ty i just want to tell you thanks for putting me on with Jeff i got my tranny done about a month ago and i love it.:rockwoot:

triton
08-06-2009, 09:31 PM
sweet ! Nothing like some southern tranny shop hospitality and know how ! :Cheer: welcome to the forum

rhcdiesel
08-06-2009, 09:35 PM
how much are we talking for a 5r ive got suncoast superduty rebuild thats not holding. i cant get through all the gears without it skippin on the rev limmiter with my race file but it will get a run in every once in a while on a detuned program.

triton
08-06-2009, 09:39 PM
Call Jeff for something exact but, the prices range from around $2500 ( TQ / VB upgrade ) to around $6800 for a full build. That's a Dodge trans but, I'm sure others are around the same prices.

custom built converters ( inhouse ), Opie shafts and some special " thee " Jeff Garmon tricks to the VB

08-06-2009, 09:42 PM
if you can't get ahold of jeff,He's really busy sometimes.Just PM me your name and number and i'll be sure he calls you

triton
08-06-2009, 09:46 PM
oh ya I forgot....Jeff did get a secretary LOL j/k man.... really ! Be nice to my truck :bow:

SilverBack76
08-06-2009, 09:57 PM
I thought Swole was his secretary.

triton
08-06-2009, 10:00 PM

:hehe: Oh snap !

SilverBack76
08-06-2009, 10:03 PM
Ah Just poking- Have to thank Daved, he brought me over to the Garmonized side!:Cheer:

Big Swole
08-06-2009, 10:04 PM

YEAH I AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't be more proud too!!!! lol

Jeff's such a great guy and friend thats really helped me with my truck and learn so much.....I'm always glad to help him when I can....!!

Anyone need info, just pm me your number and I'll get back at cha as soon as I can....Then have Jeff get with ya on the fine details!!!

triton
08-06-2009, 10:05 PM
I know, me too Dave.... Swole helped filled a gap Jeff needed some help in. It's hard to build the best when you're on the phone all day

SilverBack76
08-06-2009, 10:12 PM
Jeff needs to get some more stickers out. As much as I go back and forth between states, some thing has to help the police ID my truck.

tt433
08-09-2009, 12:00 PM
Hey thanks Ty, But guess what, after i posted about the trans. reverse went out called Jeff he said to bring it down and got it fixed the sameday. That is some damn good customer service in my book.:bow:

08-09-2009, 12:48 PM
oh ya I forgot....Jeff did get a secretary LOL j/k man.... really ! Be nice to my truck :bow:

i'm not a secretary by no means...just helping the business and keeping customers happy..and i'd hate to have to put a few dents and scrathes in that pretty red truck..:hehe:

08-09-2009, 12:50 PM
Jeff needs to get some more stickers out. As much as I go back and forth between states, some thing has to help the police ID my truck.

Yes he does..i tell him everyday we need to have some:bang made..

Charles
08-09-2009, 01:04 PM
Hey, when is Jeff going to have another get-together?

08-09-2009, 01:21 PM
we goin to have shop day sometime in november

triton
08-09-2009, 01:36 PM
i'm not a secretary by no means...just helping the business and keeping customers happy..and i'd hate to have to put a few dents and scrathes in that pretty red truck..:hehe:

I know man... we've determined that was Swole LOL

come on Dave.... you know it's a joke :Cheer:

Kyle, remember what you told me the night I got there and you left for the weekend......well, I ain't "cleanin'" up no dents after you so, I expect my truck to be washed and waxed when I come back ! or at least as clean as I left it :hehe: :-)

08-09-2009, 02:15 PM
:hehe: i'll see what i can do..

SilverBack76
08-15-2009, 09:43 AM
we goin to have shop day sometime in november

Guys I know I suck at getting out there, but let me know the dates so I can take off and come down.
Brian

Big Swole
08-15-2009, 12:07 PM
Guys I know I suck at getting out there, but let me know the dates so I can take off and come down.
Brian

Soon as we schedule the day man, you know I'll be callin ya to come hang out!!!

I'll post it up and be callin everyone!!!

:Cheer:

JD4440
08-17-2009, 10:31 PM
Does he sell his own rebuild kits? I'm looking for one for a 48RE

Big Swole
08-18-2009, 10:32 AM
Does he sell his own rebuild kits? I'm looking for one for a 48RE

I don't think Jeff sells just a kit ....Much of the parts he uses he has made and ordered custom....

You could certainly call him and see if he'll put one together for you...If you don't get him...PM me with you number and I'll get it to him asap!!

David

JD4440
08-18-2009, 09:40 PM
Thanks David, Chris

Big Swole
08-18-2009, 10:03 PM
Thanks David, Chris

:Cheer:

Anytime!

Rich Buckley
08-27-2009, 11:07 PM
i just picked up a dually that jeff had built the tranny in. i would have to say its one the best shifting trannys i have drove. i have put 250 miles on it driving home from his shop to day and it feels great. way to go jeff.

nh591
12-30-2009, 08:18 AM
Here's one for you guys.... I have an '03 48re. I had a local guy build it about a year ago. He put in a Dunrite converter, billet input, and modified the valve body. I like it for the most part, but it seems like it takes forever to shift from 2-3. Would a new performance valve body help with this?
I was also wondering about the stall on the converter. Mine seems to be very low, is there anyway to change this or would I need to get a custom made converter to have a higher stall?
One other thing, I am planning on getting a Industrial Silver 62, 50 hp injectors, and stage III cp3. It is mainly a street truck, but I occasionally hook it up to the sled and run it at the track. Will the stuff I have hold up to that? or will I need to upgrade???
Sorry for throwing all the questions out at once, this thread really got me thinkin.....

Big Swole
12-30-2009, 09:50 PM
Here's one for you guys.... I have an '03 48re. I had a local guy build it about a year ago. He put in a Dunrite converter, billet input, and modified the valve body. I like it for the most part, but it seems like it takes forever to shift from 2-3. Would a new performance valve body help with this?
I was also wondering about the stall on the converter. Mine seems to be very low, is there anyway to change this or would I need to get a custom made converter to have a higher stall?
One other thing, I am planning on getting a Industrial Silver 62, 50 hp injectors, and stage III cp3. It is mainly a street truck, but I occasionally hook it up to the sled and run it at the track. Will the stuff I have hold up to that? or will I need to upgrade???
Sorry for throwing all the questions out at once, this thread really got me thinkin.....

Your shifting issue could certainly be corrected with a Garmon VB but could also just be some dirty tranny electronics. Its common. I'd go for letting Jeff update your VB on check the electronics.

Phil Taylor (Slowpoke) is right there in Jeffs shop and can change your stall stall speed in your converter with no problem. He can refresh it if nessesary as well.

The II Silver 62 is a good turbo. I used to run one and got to 600hp with it. If your gonna race/pull much more, i'd recommend letting Jeff add a billet intermediate and output shaft. Its neverfun to break at an event. Do it now so you won't worry about it!

PM me if you need anything. Or just call Jeff. Numbers in my Sig.

jl99cummins
12-31-2009, 02:29 PM
Do you have to call jeff to get a price or can he figure one up on here. I am wanting one to hold 450-550 hrsp. for my 99 billet input, triple disk. thanks

triton
12-31-2009, 02:32 PM
Do you have to call jeff to get a price or can he figure one up on here. I am wanting one to hold 450-550 hrsp. for my 99 billet input, triple disk. thanks

yeah, he can tell you what the cost will be over the phone. Just tell him what hp you want and what your plans are using the truck. You'll probably need to wait till next week to get him though

jl99cummins
12-31-2009, 02:37 PM
Sounds good i will give him a call next week thanks

Big Swole
12-31-2009, 06:44 PM
Sounds good i will give him a call next week thanks

PM me and I'll be happy to give ya my number or quote some pricing for ya.... Of if you feel more comfortable, give jeff a call....If you don't get him, PM me your number and I'll get him to call ya soon as he can....He' Always busy!

David

jl99cummins
01-01-2010, 09:51 PM
PM me and I'll be happy to give ya my number or quote some pricing for ya.... Of if you feel more comfortable, give jeff a call....If you don't get him, PM me your number and I'll get him to call ya soon as he can....He' Always busy!

David

pm sent thanks

Big Swole
01-01-2010, 10:38 PM
pm sent thanks

PM Returned!!

Just let me know if you need anything else!! We'll get ya set up !!

David

nh591
01-03-2010, 09:25 AM
Your shifting issue could certainly be corrected with a Garmon VB but could also just be some dirty tranny electronics. Its common. I'd go for letting Jeff update your VB on check the electronics.

Phil Taylor (Slowpoke) is right there in Jeffs shop and can change your stall stall speed in your converter with no problem. He can refresh it if nessesary as well.

The II Silver 62 is a good turbo. I used to run one and got to 600hp with it. If your gonna race/pull much more, i'd recommend letting Jeff add a billet intermediate and output shaft. Its neverfun to break at an event. Do it now so you won't worry about it!

PM me if you need anything. Or just call Jeff. Numbers in my Sig.

That sounds good, thanks for the help. What injectors and cp3 did you run with the 62? I was thinking II 50hp nozzles with their stage 3 pump.

Big Swole
01-03-2010, 09:45 AM
That sounds good, thanks for the help. What injectors and cp3 did you run with the 62? I was thinking II 50hp nozzles with their stage 3 pump.

I ran a set of F1 Diesel Flux 2's (100) and a Floor It Stg. 2 pump.
I would def. not buy anything less than a Stg. 3 pump these days, you will want to go bigger later on the stix. A set of Flux 1's will be good for now.

If you're gonna be goin that high, you Def. need a Garmon tranny behind it!

07 stroker
01-03-2010, 01:22 PM
big swole why doesn't he just get it all from jeff the injectors and pump when he is doing the trans. because u know he is the man when it comes to performance on a diesel.....

Big Swole
01-03-2010, 05:00 PM
big swole why doesn't he just get it all from jeff the injectors and pump when he is doing the trans. because u know he is the man when it comes to performance on a diesel.....

Jeff can do injector tips and change them for him...But Jeff isn't really doing lots of fuel stuff right now..So busy with Tranny's...I've just really liked my sets of Flux injectors from F1....His choice though...

As for the CP3, Jeff doesn't really deal with modded cp3's much....I'm sure someday soon he'll become a dealer for Floor It or someone with a good pump..

ford1fan
01-03-2010, 07:08 PM
I heard through the grapevine he can build one hell of a transmission, but I also heard not to bring my wife around him... I guess once he puts his mind to something, he'll git'r'done, lol

How much of that is true??

GotBoost
01-03-2010, 09:00 PM
I heard through the grapevine he can build one hell of a transmission, but I also heard not to bring my wife around him... I guess once he puts his mind to something, he'll git'r'done, lol

How much of that is true??

lmao, no comment!!!!!!!!:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe ::hehe::hehe::hehe:

TripleT
01-22-2010, 10:27 PM
Had my Trans, 47re, installed yesterday (1/21/10) by Jeff, nice to meet you Sticky, and boy am I happy. His trans get the power to the ground, my truck is not very Bombed up yet, but after his trans was installed the truck will just pull and pull like never before! I give him two thumbs up for sure! Get install time, and with little over 200 miles on trip home couldn't be happier! Nothing like pulling out to the right of his shop with his trans and beable to pull up the hill like it did! Smiling ear to ear! THANK YOU Jeff, Rick, and Phil (didn't want to bother you welding up those TC after lunch)