PDA

View Full Version : 87 chevy, 80,000 miles!!!

lightsOUT
12-01-2008, 05:31 PM
1987 chevy k10. 4x4, sb, 350 fuel injected, auto, silverado

FIRST YEAR FOR FUEL INJECTION, LAST YEAR FOR BODY STYLE!

this truck is owned by my father. he asked me to post it up here for him. he is the second owner of the truck. and a GM nut! he purchased the truck in 1994 from the orig owner (a football player for the kansas city chiefs) in ohio.

80,000 orig miles. chrome, paint, interior, engine is 100% straight and 100% orig. the truck has red exterior and dark maple interior (red). it has power windos, power locks, am-fm cassette, tilt wheel, rear sliding window. always stored inside. paint and chrome are shiny. and orig. interior is perfect and also orig. no cracks in dash, no rips or worn spots in seat or carpet.

it has not been lifted, or worked out of. or abused. the steel gm wheels still have the orig General "Grabber" tires. my dad runs a set of gm alum wheels in the spring and summer.

like i said, my dad is a GM nut! any maintence items and repairs have been replaced w/ original GM, NOS (New Old Stock) in the box parts.

many ppl ask if it has been restored. they are usually shocked to find out that it is totally original.

there is 1 thing that is not factory. the muffler and tail pipes. several years ago time took its toll on the factory muffler and tail pipes. my dad could not find NOS exhaust so he had a muffler shop put on a stainless muffler and tail pipes.

the engine compartment is as nice as the rest. the paint on the air cleaner is still glossy. no grease, or oil residue all over everything. the innerfenders are still glossy, the jacking instructions inside the engine compartment still look new.

this truck would fit right in at a show or cruise nite.

he wants $8000.00 cell# 484 357-5564 ask for bob

he also has a ton of NOS gm parts still in the original boxes and literature. ie parts books, serivce manuals that can be had for an additional cost.

thanks

aggar
12-01-2008, 08:26 PM
SOunds like a very nice truck. Any pics?? 1500, 2500 or 3500?? what motor?

scott2001
12-01-2008, 08:32 PM
sounds like the first truck i ever had same year it was a 1500 350 fuel injected but mine was far from stock .40 motor heads ported and polished edlerbrock intake high performance trottle body factory was not enough msd everthing 4in lift mickey tompson wheels had chevy dealer repaint new interior i miss my old truck damn drink mexcian beaner. Hit head on hwy 68 pulling my new fourwheeler everything destroyed they said i ramped him like big foot. Sorry didnt mean to steal your tread just remembered old time. I would like to see pics of his truck

lightsOUT
12-03-2008, 04:00 PM
aggar: it is a K-10. which, "back in the day" is what GM called a 1/2 ton truck. K-10=1500, K-20=2500, K-30=3500. it is also a fuel injected 350. in 1987 the 350 was the only "fuel injected" engine in a truck. im sorry i should have been more clear on that.

scott: hey man that sounds like you had a pretty nice truck. too bad about what happened. at least you are still around to talk about it. Detroit makes new trucks everyday... but i know how you feel, i nearly totaled my 2000 dodge about 3 weeks ago. absolutley perfect truck. not a scratch on it! now its getting a new bumper, grill, hood, fender, two doors, 4 windows, 1 x-cab door, 1 cab corner, inner and outer fleetside, head light, tail light, and a lil bit of repair on the tail gate. other than that its cherry! haha. but other than my mug getting a lil jacked up from broken glass, i was G2G.

i do not have any pics of the truck on my computer. sorry. but if you call the # listed above my dad can email you some. it is a very very nice truck and whoever gets it will not be dissappointed.