PDA

View Full Version : Diesel-Dan Help.....Truck is down

GhostRider7
12-21-2008, 07:07 AM
dan,

my hpfp took a dump on me. after work last night i got in the truck turned the key to the on position to let the grid heater warm up and had no sound coming from the pump. you know how loud these pumps are so i immediately noticed it. tried starting the truck and to my surprise it started right up and seemed to idle fine. left the parking lot and thats when it started missing real bad and stalling out on me. i pulled over on the side of the road and called my old man to come out and give me a hand (it was 1230am at this point). we checked all the connections (including relay and fuse) and everything seemed good. gave the pump a few taps and tried starting it again. once again it started fine. we decided to go back to take another look at the pump, and that's when we found our problem. the wires going into the pump were partially frayed and were smoking pretty good. after we found the problem, we pulled the fuse, started the truck, hooked up a tow strap, and towed me home. truck in now sitting in the driveway.

i have a couple questions, (1) i purchased this pump roughly 3-4 years ago and at the time they came w/ a 6yr warranty.....is this covered under the warranty? (2) if it is, can i take it to the dealer that sold it to me and have him replace it.....or do i need to send it to you? (3) is it possible for me to upgrade it from a 95gph to a 150gph? i'm not sure of the model # but i originally bought it for my 2001 and ended up transfering it to my 2005 after i bought the correct wiring harness. i just want to say that i've always been very happy w/ this pump and your customer service is top notch. i would have prefered to keep this private and not put it on the forums, but you have mentioned before how you like to address everything publicly. thank you sir and i'm sorry for the long post

jason

Diesel-Dan
12-21-2008, 09:32 PM
dan,

my hpfp took a dump on me. after work last night i got in the truck turned the key to the on position to let the grid heater warm up and had no sound coming from the pump. you know how loud these pumps are so i immediately noticed it. tried starting the truck and to my surprise it started right up and seemed to idle fine. left the parking lot and thats when it started missing real bad and stalling out on me. i pulled over on the side of the road and called my old man to come out and give me a hand (it was 1230am at this point). we checked all the connections (including relay and fuse) and everything seemed good. gave the pump a few taps and tried starting it again. once again it started fine. we decided to go back to take another look at the pump, and that's when we found our problem. the wires going into the pump were partially frayed and were smoking pretty good. after we found the problem, we pulled the fuse, started the truck, hooked up a tow strap, and towed me home. truck in now sitting in the driveway.

i have a couple questions, (1) i purchased this pump roughly 3-4 years ago and at the time they came w/ a 6yr warranty.....is this covered under the warranty? (2) if it is, can i take it to the dealer that sold it to me and have him replace it.....or do i need to send it to you? (3) is it possible for me to upgrade it from a 95gph to a 150gph? i'm not sure of the model # but i originally bought it for my 2001 and ended up transfering it to my 2005 after i bought the correct wiring harness. i just want to say that i've always been very happy w/ this pump and your customer service is top notch. i would have prefered to keep this private and not put it on the forums, but you have mentioned before how you like to address everything publicly. thank you sir and i'm sorry for the long post

jason

Replied over on CF.......

GhostRider7
12-22-2008, 09:54 AM
well this thread has a happy conclusion after a couple pm's with dan here's the reply i got from him:

You are a go....i got you on file...Marty will take good care of you.....AND actually i show this is a 150 GPH already by my notes.......

Ill see what he is willing to do (As sometimes dealers will take a pump out of stock to help out with wnty and ill replace with a new pump...so you can get a new pump today....but that is totally up to the dealer.)

Your wnty is good until 3-29-12
this was all done w/out them even looking at the pump....talk about an easy experience!!! :rockwoot:

so if anyone's considering getting a FASS.....have no fear because it will be backed up 100% :cheer::clap::bow: