PDA

View Full Version : Arctic Cat Diesel

DieselNutJohn
12-30-2008, 07:51 PM
I am considering a Diesel Arctic Cat ATV. They call it the "700 diesel". It has a 686 cc inline two cylinder Lombardini engine in it. Do any of yall know anything about them? Anyone have one? I prefer to keep the discussion on the diesel, as I do not want a gas powered ATV. All of my equipment is diesel powered and I make my own bio blend. I want the diesel, just looking for opinions and input. Where is a good place to buy? Someone mentioned Bass Pro Shops, which has a location not too far from me...
Thanks, John

For anyone else who may be interested, I found this article:
700 Diesel ATV Lombardini - Diesel Power Magazine

scott2001
12-30-2008, 08:14 PM
its says in diesel power it will run on 6 diffent types of fuel including jet fuel but there is a sticker that says diesel fuel only whats the deal with that

Santa Gertrudis
12-30-2008, 08:44 PM
Your truck can run on jet fuel too, but it says diesel only on the dash. Its prolly the same deal.

Billysgoat
12-30-2008, 08:45 PM
Liability and emissions.

About all I've heard is they are rather slow on the take off, but plenty of power. I have a gasser 400 cat, love the bike!

DieselNutJohn
12-31-2008, 05:50 PM
My Polaris is no rocket, but I love the pulling power and low end torque. I don't need speed but want to mobility and fun of a ATV over a "utility" like the Kubota RTV or Kawasaki Mule diesel or one of the golf cart based units. The Arctic Cat seems like it would be perfect for what I am looking to do and would be an equal or better replacement for my aging Polaris. Just wanted to get some opinions and see if anyone had any experience with these machines...

therabbittree
01-21-2009, 04:46 PM
I want a Diesel one too but ..no $ for one.. The Artic Cats 4x4s are real tough!.. I run a pair for work 650 v twins with carbs and its a animal..they take lots of beatings and the only thing that they ever needed was new batteries.. the efis are nice too but no idle adjustment for cold and I don't think the efi models had a back up pull start... not that it matters with the Diesel.. I'd buy one from a artic cat dealer though as the service is available etc .. The local dealer here is dropping them due to artic cat wanting them to buy more fro stock ..but they already had a bunch etc...any how they said they only make money on the machine sale ..and not on parts... as the atvs barely break and are real tough.. from my experience ethis is very true
Thanks,
deo

Billysgoat
01-22-2009, 10:05 AM
Biggest single gripe I have with Arctic Cat is the wheel bearings, talk about cheesy!! The flip side is they take about 30 minutes or less to change out and don't cost that much.