Spartan, SCT, or Edge

broncbustin2

I am new to this site and have a question. I have an 08 F350 6.4 and have a Edge Attitude w/ Juice. You guys are all talking about Spartan or SCT. Should I make the switch and why? Also in the next few weeks I am installing a CNG kit, anyone else done this? Thanks.

I have no info on the CNG kit but for tuning Spartan is has the best results from what I have seen.

right now spartan is the best thing out there, but sct and eric are supposed to have custom tunes comin out soon
the edge will hurt you in the long run, mostly likely clogging up dpf, going thru regen, fillin up with ash, and then you have to buy a new dpf which is about 2500 bucks, and i guess im not familier with cng, so i have no idea what that is.

hope this helps

Spartan has the highest HP tunes out right now, the Dash Daq is cool and he's coming out with new products for the 6.4. SCT FINALLY released the custom tuning software and Eric at Innovative Diesel has some tunes out right now that are in the 510-520 HP range. Both do tranny tuning unlike the Edge, you will most likely kill ur tranny in about 30,000 miles with it.

If I was to do it all over again I would go the Spartan route.

Eric at ID can now custom tune 6.4's. Just bought one not to long ago.. 2008 that is. He says for a complely stock truck it runs like a champion!

Who's CNG kit are you installing. Back in November we installed a Cng kit on our 6.4 and used a SCT tuner to remove the DPF System and stacked the Edge Juice on top of it. We went from 13MPG to 32MPG the truck ran really well, who ever i wasnt happy with the top end performance. Everything seemed to fall off about 60-65MPH.

Who's CNG kit are you installing. Back in November we installed a Cng kit on our 6.4 and used a SCT tuner to remove the DPF System and stacked the Edge Juice on top of it. We went from 13MPG to 32MPG the truck ran really well, who ever i wasnt happy with the top end performance. Everything seemed to fall off about 60-65MPH.

my brother has a spartan tune and dpf delete and his truck seems really slow on bottom end but top end its quick:nos:

Here is my truck and Dyno #'s with the Spartan 275 tune.
I have the tunes from Eric coming and can not wait to try them.
The SCT with out Erics tunes IMO is garbage just like the DPF-R. However not everyone can afford Spartan. I am going to use my Dash Daq gauges to monitor Erics tunes to make sure all is well because the SCT is ugly and should be put in the glove box. I will be putting my truck on the Dyno again April 9th and can not wait to see what Erics tunes put down.

DirtyDieselCustoms

Attachments

• F350 008E.jpg
    F350 008E.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 57
  • Doo Pics 004E.JPG
    Doo Pics 004E.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 45
  • F350 003E.jpg
    F350 003E.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 50
i did 533 with eric's race tune..i have a bigger file but it has thrown a limp code so i dotn run it... but it makes 56-57 psi and should make about 560-570 . i tried a new race tune last week and went 8.4 in the 1/8th with shifting issues..so i think its got an easy 8.3 in it...which SHOULD be a 13.0-13.1 .. the best part is the tune is completely smoke free. the caluculator says 550 rwhp.

link to 8.40 run: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UJpXntWPtE

Last edited:
I put Edge, Bullydog, Banks, and SuperChip all in the same boat - off the shelf programers. Some offer extra goodies, but none even come close to comparing with tunes, especially DPF deleting and auto trans tuning.

Spartan and SCT are the two most popular. If you can afford Spartan, there's no question they're the way to go. If you can't, get some custom tunes with SCT. I've got nearly 27,000 miles with the Spartan 250, and I have no complaints. Except for I'm waiting for the 310. :woohoo:

I have a buddy that runs the Spartan Dashdaq and it is a very trick and powerful piece.

BTW....beautiful truck (and sleds) Dr. Smoke. :Cheer:

i have since swapped to spartan tuning and it makes more power over a broader range. the truck went 8.03 @ 84 with just a tuner. it weighs 8k

Back