PDA

View Full Version : Need turbo advice

IC-Smoke
11-07-2006, 08:15 AM
Ok im in the market for a new turbo. Id like to get into the 500-550hp range what turbo should I go with?

Im looking at the HTB2/64 from Woodsrat/Chuck R www.neweradiesel.com OR......?? Maybe a B1-2 turbo? Id like to stay under the $1500.00 market
Im also looking at the prostreet 66/14 from HTT

any suggestions guys? OR should I keep my PDR 40 and shop for a bottom turbo in TWINS?:kick:

*I know I need to stud/O-Ring the head:doh: , its just a matter of pulling the head and taking it to New Era Diesel*

Ian

Timbeaux
11-07-2006, 09:08 AM
If you wanna keep the 40 and have a really nice and proven twinset, get an HT3b C-Hawk ran a 40/3B combo and he was in thw 11's on street tires in his 24v

IC-Smoke
11-07-2006, 11:42 PM
Im seriously considering a "Quick Diesel 64” from HTT, its not Too big that I cant tow when I need it yet not too small to be in the HP range I would like.

Anyone have experience between the Quick Diesel 64 and the Pro Street 66 from HTT?? Like I said before Id like to tow loads uner 15K now and then yet still have fun with the truck. I dont want to be in a field at the bottom of a hill and have to build boost like a sledpuller just to get up it...... althought that would be quite a sight to see :rockwoot:

Thanks guys any more info or ideas on turbos?
Ian

MD-LUCKY
11-08-2006, 02:36 PM
Can you post the compressor maps of those guys?

zukgod1
11-08-2006, 03:03 PM
Im seriously considering a "Quick Diesel 64” from HTT, its not Too big that I cant tow when I need it yet not too small to be in the HP range I would like.

Anyone have experience between the Quick Diesel 64 and the Pro Street 66 from HTT?? Like I said before Id like to tow loads uner 15K now and then yet still have fun with the truck. I dont want to be in a field at the bottom of a hill and have to build boost like a sledpuller just to get up it...... althought that would be quite a sight to see :rockwoot:

Thanks guys any more info or ideas on turbos?
Ian

Like Smokem said, better go with the 64 anything bigger and you will need to get a second truck to tow with.

dan

IC-Smoke
11-09-2006, 01:10 AM
Thanks guys

the option to go larger to the 66 is very tempting!!:bang but I think the QD64 is the trick for me

Ian

97crewcab
11-09-2006, 07:48 AM
What about a BD super B special. I know there are a lot of unknowns on it but it is a 64 and I think it can be had for a decent price.