Injectors won't quit leaking!

9 LIVES

Demolition Expert
I just put a set of larger injectors in my 12V about a month ago and can't get them to stop leaking!

It's leaking from the hold down nut on 3 of the 6 injectors. I have taken them out several times and also put new copper washers in. Still no luck any ideas?

The washers I have are pretty thick...and my cummins dealer does not sell them without having to buy a complete top end gasket kit. Is there anywhere else I can go to get thinner copper washers to try?

are the holes and threads clean??? you might have a piece if dirt keeping you from seating all the way. just an idea:poke:

I shot some carb cleaner in the holes then some compressed air.

I have an injector shop 30 minutes away I will check with them to see if they have any washers

That's why I got the thinner washers...

And I just assumed he cleaned the threads and holes good:bang

ya never know when your not there doing the work yourself. i was just trying to help eliminate somethings and try to help i know what was my prob once when i did mine the first time.

ya never know when your not there doing the work yourself. i was just trying to help eliminate somethings and try to help i know what was my prob once when i did mine the first time.
I usually question that stuff even if I am doing the work:hehe:

Easy stuff first:D

Sounds like the body is leaking around the intermediate disk, cross-threading a return will also do the same but the injector usually won't fire.

Bingo !! Id say that your intermediate disk is cracked. If the pump shop cleans the faulty injector up and puts it on a pop tester and bring the pressure up slow to see the leak. Then when you take the body apart there is a disk with a pin that runs through it. Sometimes the pin can be tight when pressed through the disk causing the disk to crack. You should be able to see the crack if you spray electro cleaner on it. Outside the crack will evaporate fast and the crack itself will stay a bit darker.

Back