PDA

View Full Version : Top Secret: How to GAIN 100+ HP on your DMAX!

gainer16
02-28-2009, 05:58 PM
Hey we did some investigotory work this week and found a staggering mod that will add serious power to your truck! Those undesired Mass Air Flow Sensors, yea well the closer those are to the turbo itsself, the more HP you gain. we tried many different intake kits each with different locations on the sensor each being closer. The last one was a K&N kit that the sensor is almost to the turbo. So we decided to move it on one that was far away from the charger to as close as we could get it. GAINED A WHOPPING 100 HP just by doin that. CRAZY STUFF. Who could have ever believed. So now we got an idea of getting the sensor built in the charger. gonna take some engineering but i think we can get it done! Who new, we were stunned!!!

zstroken
02-28-2009, 06:11 PM
Does the Mass Air flow take into account the temperature? I am curious if that is why your getting more HP? It is picking up cooler air and dumping in more fuel?

kyle03d
02-28-2009, 06:26 PM
Does the Mass Air flow take into account the temperature? I am curious if that is why your getting more HP? It is picking up cooler air and dumping in more fuel?

Hes joking guys.

The real way to gain 100 HP is to go dyno your truck at Danville Performance, guaranteed inflation over your previous numbers. Best results are gained when your previous numbers were made on neutral dyno, preferably a superflow, with an operator with nothing to gain by high numbers.

Big Block 88
02-28-2009, 06:31 PM
SO you gaied 100 hp, did youu also gain, 15mpg?

duratothemax
02-28-2009, 09:12 PM
Hes joking guys.

The real way to gain 100 HP is to go dyno your truck at Danville Performance, guaranteed inflation over your previous numbers. Best results are gained when your previous numbers were made on neutral dyno, preferably a superflow, with an operator with nothing to gain by high numbers.

exactly! :D :hehe:

05_LLY
03-01-2009, 11:42 AM

Glad to see im not alone in my ways of thinking!:Cheer:

Stingpuller
03-01-2009, 12:07 PM
I guess it really doesn't matter but I just ran on Danville's dyno and made 890 Then I went to the suncoast event on dunbars dyno and made 885. Where do I have to go to get a real number? Jeff

Stingpuller
03-01-2009, 12:23 PM
MAN! I don't know mr. Gainer but if he is really only 560 hp that doesn't say much for all the high powered trucks in the 2.6 class. Jeff

gainer16
03-01-2009, 12:32 PM
man it is quite interesting what a joke of a thread actually starts. wow guys come on. geeze it was suppose to be a joke.

malibu795
03-01-2009, 12:35 PM
man it is quite interesting what a joke of a thread actually starts. wow guys come on. geeze it was suppose to be a joke.

:hehe: :hehe: :what:

97' CTD
03-01-2009, 12:42 PM
I hate duramaxes :hehe: and kyle and matt and Danville but for some odd reason I like john the owner of that Crank-it-up diesel place LOL.
Brandon

PS yes I hate duramaxes because I cannot keep up with them.

malibu795
03-01-2009, 12:52 PM
I hate duramaxes :hehe: and kyle and matt and Danville but for some odd reason I like john the owner of that Crank-it-up diesel place LOL.
Brandon

PS yes I hate duramaxes because I cannot keep up with them.

that sounds like a truck deficiency or a persoanl problem.... or little of both..... :hehe:

i know a couple have a hard time keeping up wiht me... others i just cant get a stick to shake at it :hehe:

fox
03-02-2009, 09:03 AM
Just think of the power it would make if it was used as the exhaust tip!!!!!!!

kyle03d
03-02-2009, 09:36 PM
I guess it really doesn't matter but I just ran on Danville's dyno and made 890 Then I went to the suncoast event on dunbars dyno and made 885. Where do I have to go to get a real number? Jeff

Talking about dyno runs with loads of nitrous has no relation to anything "real". Also danville had nothing to gain by high numbers out of your truck, as they didn't "build" it.

NOS if done correct, with the right parts is no harder on parts than a big turbo making the same power. FACT! I just got back from dynoing my truck(over 500 miles) and made 890hp. Yes with nos but made 750 without. That to me is big power with being able to drive it that far. That was a single stage smallish jet. I will make over 1000 next time! God I love diesel trucks that you can actually drive. Jeff

This was after the 890 at danville, you said the next time you said you would make over 1000. It just so happens you did enough improvements(bigger jet, etc.) that you made within 5 dyno horsepower of your danville number. Take that setup back to danville and i believe you would have done 1000 dyno hp.

Was the suncost event not what you meant by "next time" or were you just not that interested in seeing if you could make a bigger number?

Stingpuller
03-03-2009, 05:07 AM
No Kyle I tryed but a bigger jet didn't do anything when the line size is the restriction. I need to add another stage of nos or increase the size of the system I have to make more power. I will break 1000 sometime but thats not my goal. I want to go fast and the power(number wise) really doesn't matter as long as it goes like I want it to. I need a couple of good track outings to dial in the fuel and timing and I think I will be ok. I'm going to try another dyno at EEP on the 14th and see how it does there. If your not doing anything your more than welcome to come and watch. Jeff

kyle03d
03-03-2009, 11:04 AM
No Kyle I tryed but a bigger jet didn't do anything when the line size is the restriction. I need to add another stage of nos or increase the size of the system I have to make more power. I will break 1000 sometime but thats not my goal. I want to go fast and the power(number wise) really doesn't matter as long as it goes like I want it to. I need a couple of good track outings to dial in the fuel and timing and I think I will be ok. I'm going to try another dyno at EEP on the 14th and see how it does there. If your not doing anything your more than welcome to come and watch. Jeff

Just run the same jet/line first there if you want to see what I'm talking about.

gainer16
03-03-2009, 12:44 PM
if i must say again, this thread was not intended to turn into a bashing KYLE. it was suppose to be a joke and so people could havea good time with it. i guess some cant refrain from keeping there mouth shut.....

Trester
03-03-2009, 12:55 PM
Gotta love internet bashing, I just truly hope ppl can be mature enough to keep the fighting contained to the key board. The first few pulls of the season will be interesting, i am def bring my boxing gloves and a cooler of beer, this will be comical. Next thing we know there is going to be gang wars at truck pulls, there wont be head gaskets leaking, but ppl leaking. We are all going to walk around with a pry bar in our pant legs, never know when u are going to get jumped. Personal body guards are recommended for the 2009 season according to cotpa website, in fact may even be required at larger events. Everyone just needs to calm down, too much emotion flyin around these days, everyone hates everyone. Dont hold it against a man for having a decent running truck, that should just give everyone else motivation to make theirs run better.

duramaxxin73
03-03-2009, 01:02 PM
:pop: this is starting to get good. Also if anyone is in need of a body guard I'm always for hire!!!

Trester
03-03-2009, 01:07 PM
JT, happy to see u are willing to help with the cause, just dont forget to put the pry bar in ur trench coat or pant leg.
:pop: this is starting to get good. Also if anyone is in need of a body guard I'm always for hire!!!

duramaxxin73
03-03-2009, 01:14 PM
JT, happy to see u are willing to help with the cause, just dont forget to put the pry bar in ur trench coat or pant leg.

I'm always happy to help with the cause. But no, I don't use a pry bar, I use a 3/4" torque wrench, gives me a better swinging radius. But the bashing needs to stop too

Stingpuller
03-03-2009, 01:19 PM
It's all in good fun! If people have thin skin than this is not the place for you. Jeff

Trester
03-03-2009, 01:19 PM
HAHA i hear that, but any blunt object will due, just need something to fend off the internet gangstas. Gainer is just going to get a quick disconnect hip. Then he can just pop his leg off and have a 47' swinging radius.LOL i think he may already have a slight advantage over all of us.

duramaxxin73
03-03-2009, 01:22 PM
HAHA i hear that, but any blunt object will due, just need something to fend off the internet gangstas. Gainer is just going to get a quick disconnect hip. Then he can just pop his leg off and have a 47' swinging radius.LOL i think he may already have a slight advantage over all of us.

Look out if Gainer did that he'd be able to take out people within a 3ft radius:hehe:

gainer16
03-03-2009, 01:24 PM
thats right....you all better back the F*** up.:owned:

Trester
03-03-2009, 01:27 PM
thats right....you all better back the F*** up.:owned:

The only problem is matt u now have one leg.....mobility isnt the best with an appendage missing. Just remember that!!! A slight group gathers around u, you may very well be F*****:hehe:

gainer16
03-03-2009, 01:29 PM
oh dont you worry, ill be in my little power chair right on all your asses swingin my leg around....

duramaxxin73
03-03-2009, 01:30 PM
oh dont you worry, ill be in my little power chair right on all your asses swingin my leg around....

Yea well you might have your little power chair, but I'm gonna have a ninja monkey that jumps out of my tool box when people start ganging up on me!!! And he's gonna have a ninja sword:evil

Hoob
03-03-2009, 01:31 PM
so does your rascal have dual batteries, an efi live tune and dual fuelers?:Cheer:

gainer16
03-03-2009, 01:33 PM
so does your rascal have dual batteries, an efi live tune and dual fuelers?:Cheer:

hell yea....a completely built race engine too with twin 24V batteries! it runs like mid three minute quarter miles.

Trester
03-03-2009, 01:36 PM
hell yea....a completely built race engine too with twin 24V batteries! it runs like mid three minute quarter miles.

And it will pull the front wheel off the ground!!! when i built the tranny for it with the copilot, converter and my custom stock clutches and valve body, i took it for a test drive and it scared the **** out of me.

Hoob
03-03-2009, 01:36 PM
well u best watch the h*ll out mr three legged, disconnected hip, ninja monkey.... i went to marks behind your back and DYNOED my Rascal. That efi live tune made 3.5 hp and 5 lbs of torque, your grandmas rascal ain't got S*IT on mine!!

duramaxxin73
03-03-2009, 01:37 PM

:umno: mid five minute quarter miles. Gosh guys don't make it seem faster than what it is.

gainer16
03-03-2009, 01:40 PM
:Cheer:oh im sorry JT.... i guess i did it in Danville so that makes it all wrong then. it must have been mid 20 minute quarters. what was i thinkin

duramaxxin73
03-03-2009, 01:47 PM
:Cheer:oh im sorry JT.... i guess i did it in Danville so that makes it all wrong then. it must have been mid 20 minute quarters. what was i thinkin

Its ok I was there too, and I know what I saw:rockwoot: We'll keep it a secert

gainer16
03-03-2009, 01:49 PM
Its ok I was there too, and I know what I saw:rockwoot: We'll keep it a secert

well thats cool with me....that doesnt seem to matter to some tho, they still dont believe.:bang

Trester
03-03-2009, 01:52 PM
I tried to watch but with eye site comparable to helen kellers i didnt see a thing.....

duramaxxin73
03-03-2009, 01:53 PM
well thats cool with me....that doesnt seem to matter to some tho, they still dont believe.:bang

Yea I know what your saying about people don't believe. I hear it all the time, from people down here, and a few have shut their mouths here lately

gainer16
03-03-2009, 01:57 PM
yea but a select few keep finding it necessary to run there mouths even when it doesnt apply. some just cant keep there damn mouths shut. its cool tho cause i like to make them believers on the track!!!

dragnsled
03-03-2009, 02:00 PM
Gotta love internet bashing, I just truly hope ppl can be mature enough to keep the fighting contained to the key board. The first few pulls of the season will be interesting, i am def bring my boxing gloves and a cooler of beer, this will be comical. Next thing we know there is going to be gang wars at truck pulls, there wont be head gaskets leaking, but ppl leaking. We are all going to walk around with a pry bar in our pant legs, never know when u are going to get jumped. Personal body guards are recommended for the 2009 season according to cotpa website, in fact may even be required at larger events. Everyone just needs to calm down, too much emotion flyin around these days, everyone hates everyone. Dont hold it against a man for having a decent running truck, that should just give everyone else motivation to make theirs run better.

:nos: :charger: both options if you can't get motivated :hehe::hehe::hehe:

duratothemax
03-03-2009, 05:37 PM
wow what a funny thread this has turned into. Im rolling on the ground laughing.

ben

jfaulkner
03-03-2009, 06:20 PM
This guy will mod that power chair for you!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xitMWUfeLk

Vegascrew
[QUOTE=duratothemax;633506]wow what a funny thread this has turned into. Im rolling on the ground laughing.

X2
At first I started considering the possibilities but then thought I felt one leg getting slightly longer the more I thought about it.

duramaxxin73
wow what a funny thread this has turned into. Im rolling on the ground laughing.

ben

Thank you, I think we're going to take this act on the road:hehe:

Vegascrew
03-03-2009, 07:15 PM
Let me know when you hit Vegas.

duramaxxin73
03-03-2009, 10:33 PM
I just want everyone to know I've been training my Ninja Monkey for the past 3 years just for something like this.

Trester
03-03-2009, 11:26 PM
I just want everyone to know I've been training my Ninja Monkey for the past 3 years just for something like this.
Oh wow, he has to be mean!!! As long as he can throw knives, I think you are ok.

duramaxxin73
03-04-2009, 12:53 AM
Oh wow, he has to be mean!!! As long as he can throw knives, I think you are ok.

Darn it, back to the drawing board :bang

Brayden
03-05-2009, 07:04 PM
Jeff.. I think your truck is probably is making over a 1000hp... The tranny just might be turning 110hp of that into wasted heat and red paper in the bottom of the pan.

:D :D

Brayden
03-05-2009, 07:07 PM
exactly! :D :hehe:

When you get your truck back together bring it down and dyno it.. It will still be 500hp on Danville's Dyno ;)

No reason to bash the dyno.. It's been proven.

MarkBroviak
03-05-2009, 08:15 PM

Hahaha, this is a riot forsure! I think some just don't want to believe that their 3" truck got it's ass handed to it by a stock truck with a less than 2.6" charger on it. I guess if my dyno is soooooooo far off that Matt's truck didn't actually make 589hp on the single fueled Schied tune(by Kyles Math it would be 489rwhp, right Kyle being my dyno is 100hp high, right?) then Matt got 3rd at Schied in the 2.6 single fueler class with just 489rwhp! Absolutely amazing then, did you watch the pull in person or a video of it for that matter??? Haters are haters and they will always be that way regardless. I personally think that it is funny, and we will see you on the track and as far as I am concerned, may the best truck win, good luck to you! .:owned:

Trester
03-06-2009, 02:07 PM
Hahaha, this is a riot forsure! I think some just don't want to believe that their 3" truck got it's ass handed to it by a stock truck with a less than 2.6" charger on it. I guess if my dyno is soooooooo far off that Matt's truck didn't actually make 589hp on the single fueled Schied tune(by Kyles Math it would be 489rwhp, right Kyle being my dyno is 100hp high, right?) then Matt got 3rd at Schied in the 2.6 single fueler class with just 489rwhp! Absolutely amazing then, did you watch the pull in person or a video of it for that matter??? Haters are haters and they will always be that way regardless. I personally think that it is funny, and we will see you on the track and as far as I am concerned, may the best truck win, good luck to you! .:owned:

Holy sh** if 498 will place in the top five at scheids, i have a super bad ford festiva named "Clit talking sh**" that i have been building, twins with the atmosphere charger measuring in the one inch range but that is top secret. idk where i am going to dyno it, Danvilles is sooooo far exaggerated so i dont know about it and well....the only dyno Crank it up has is some good ole head scratchin guess work. so idk but, i am going to have to put a damn hitch on it and some bars. the only problem at this point is getting a tranny to hold. I am considering paying for a built trans and installing the copilot and converter and leaving the rest sit on the work bench. so idc if u have a 6" charger truck watch out for the "Clit" at scheids in 2009. :hump:

gainer16
03-06-2009, 02:15 PM

kinda makes you wonder what some people are thinkin.....:bang

Brayden
03-06-2009, 08:57 PM
..... the only problem at this point is getting a tranny to hold. I am considering paying for a built trans and installing the copilot and converter and leaving the rest sit on the work bench. so idc if u have a 6" charger truck watch out for the "Clit" at scheids in 2009. :hump:

I've seen that scenario where the purchased parts didn't quite make it into the tranny.. If I was the customer that it happened to I'd have been pissed.

kyle03d
03-07-2009, 10:23 AM
I've seen that scenario where the purchased parts didn't quite make it into the tranny.. If I was the customer that it happened to I'd have been pissed.

Who was the vendor that did this?

kyle03d
03-07-2009, 10:32 AM

The best truck usually does!

I do admit I'm wrong on Matts, other trucks with cheater turbos have claimed way more than his, so I'm not sure why its only 589 danville horsepower. I've also never had anything bad to say with the way Matts truck performs on the track. His Dad and probably now Matt, actually know what pulling is about other than horsepower. If his truck had as much power as the other 2.6 trucks in 08 he would have been unstoppable.

kyle03d
03-07-2009, 10:39 AM
Jeff.. I think your truck is probably is making over a 1000hp... The tranny just might be turning 110hp of that into wasted heat and red paper in the bottom of the pan.

:D :D

For those who don't know. I Built Jeff's (stingpullers) transmission 2 years ago and he has beat the **** out of it without issue.

Not only is brayden unaware that ATS Transmisions don't have any red paper, Jeffs transmsision happens to be one of the more proven ones out there, with the awesome about of horsepower and track times he has put through it. There is no such thing as a transmission(any brand) that you can do what Jeff does to it and last longer than 2 years. It doesn't exist.

And as far as I know, it is still working today!

duramaxxin73
03-07-2009, 09:35 PM
Holy sh** if 498 will place in the top five at scheids, i have a super bad ford festiva named "Clit talking sh**" that i have been building, twins with the atmosphere charger measuring in the one inch range but that is top secret. idk where i am going to dyno it, Danvilles is sooooo far exaggerated so i dont know about it and well....the only dyno Crank it up has is some good ole head scratchin guess work. so idk but, i am going to have to put a damn hitch on it and some bars. the only problem at this point is getting a tranny to hold. I am considering paying for a built trans and installing the copilot and converter and leaving the rest sit on the work bench. so idc if u have a 6" charger truck watch out for the "Clit" at scheids in 2009. :hump:

Yea yea yea thats all I've been hearing about is this ford festiva. You bring that to scheids and I'm gonna stomp it with my supercharged go-ped:nos:

Brayden
03-08-2009, 06:13 PM
Kyle I refreshed 5 transmissions last year that came from you that had red paper lined, single sided C1 clutches. They all had a familiar mountain range of debris in the pan...

Jeff's shifts pretty good... at least the second one does. I didn't ride in the first one.

PSDPlayer
03-08-2009, 06:27 PM
Is it paper or clay?

Brayden
03-08-2009, 06:30 PM
Exactly... It's hard to tell.

kyle03d
03-08-2009, 09:09 PM
Kyle I refreshed 5 transmissions last year that came from you that had red paper lined, single sided C1 clutches. They all had a familiar mountain range of debris in the pan...

Jeff's shifts pretty good... at least the second one does. I didn't ride in the first one.

IF you did refresh any transmissions, and IF they had red c1's than, IT IS A FACT they are over 3 years old, and they probably delaminated, because that is what they did! That is why ATS takes care of them at no charge! Not calling you a lier, but it would have been extremely uneconomical for any customer to have a non ATS dealer take care of them.

I've never seen "mountain ranges" of derbis in suncost kit transmissions, they just quit working, it must be all suspended in the fluid?

...."the first one" nice!, you mean before it had to be repaired due to a factory c3 piston failure? Care to explain how the builder caused this to happen over a year after the build?

There was a another line I think you were working on..... Something about seeing transmissions that didn't have parts in them that the customers paid for? Don't you think you should make people aware of this vendor?

Brayden
03-08-2009, 09:42 PM
Yeah I had seen what trester was talking about.. I rebuilt a guy's trans that ended up being only stock clutches, a copilot and converter.

Regardless.... Pulling season is here.. no need to argue on the internet. You started the mess by talking about cheeter chargers and the dyno.. Let's see it on the track.

kyle03d
03-08-2009, 11:17 PM
Yeah I had seen what trester was talking about.. I rebuilt a guy's trans that ended up being only stock clutches, a copilot and converter.

Regardless.... Pulling season is here.. no need to argue on the internet. You started the mess by talking about cheeter chargers and the dyno.. Let's see it on the track.

Actually you jumped in before the the thread had anything to do with cheeter turbos or any junk related to you. It was purely about danville's high number dyno and a bunch of really dumb shhit some kids were having fun with. You joined the fun late with jabs about....transmissions...??...having absolutly nothing to do with inflated dyno numbers or matts detachable long range swinging leg.

Anyway, the track has been and always will be where the proving is done. The internet is so much fun without having to burn so much fuel!

Are you going to make it to the track with something this year?

Were you saying I charged a customer for something they didn't receive? or not?

Trester
03-09-2009, 03:35 PM
This sh** is wack... a meaningless thread becomes UFC edition ATS. Gotta love it.

duramaxxin73
03-09-2009, 05:03 PM
This sh** is wack... a meaningless thread becomes UFC edition ATS. Gotta love it.

UFC presents ATS/Suncoast Fight Night 1:rockwoot:

Brayden
03-09-2009, 06:49 PM
Actually you jumped in before the the thread had anything to do with cheeter turbos or any junk related to you. It was purely about danville's high number dyno and a bunch of really dumb shhit some kids were having fun with. You joined the fun late with jabs about....transmissions...??...having absolutly nothing to do with inflated dyno numbers or matts detachable long range swinging leg.

Anyway, the track has been and always will be where the proving is done. The internet is so much fun without having to burn so much fuel!

Are you going to make it to the track with something this year?

Were you saying I charged a customer for something they didn't receive? or not?

I guess I could get the 04 back in fightin' shape. I just paid the last payment on it. I might pull it a time or two..

MarkBroviak
03-09-2009, 09:38 PM
The best truck usually does!

I do admit I'm wrong on Matts, other trucks with cheater turbos have claimed way more than his, so I'm not sure why its only 589 danville horsepower. I've also never had anything bad to say with the way Matts truck performs on the track. His Dad and probably now Matt, actually know what pulling is about other than horsepower. If his truck had as much power as the other 2.6 trucks in 08 he would have been unstoppable.

No you haven't as there is no reason to say anything bad about it, it is what it is. I don't build Cheater turbo's, I build over-achievers. Matt's charger is 2.58" and moves a ton of air for it's size. I agree with you that if he had a built truck he would have done even better but why fix what hasn't broke yet. If and when it finally lets go, we will fix it. Matt's is one hell of a driver and that is the most important part of the puzzle. He knows his truck. You can built the biggest, baddest truck but if the driver can't get the job done than it is a waste. I personally wouldn't want to go toe to toe with him agian, he has already beat me once.:owned:

duramaxxin73
03-09-2009, 09:57 PM
No you haven't as there is no reason to say anything bad about it, it is what it is. I don't build Cheater turbo's, I build over-achievers. Matt's charger is 2.58" and moves a ton of air for it's size. I agree with you that if he had a built truck he would have done even better but why fix what hasn't broke yet. If and when it finally lets go, we will fix it. Matt's is one hell of a driver and that is the most important part of the puzzle. He knows his truck. You can built the biggest, baddest truck but if the driver can't get the job done than it is a waste. I personally wouldn't want to go toe to toe with him agian, he has already beat me once.:owned:

x2:Cheer:

kyle03d
03-17-2009, 11:42 AM

Just run the same jet/line first there if you want to see what I'm talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgtrgYyZsX0

650 on Fuel
780 on spray (890 danville HP)

97' CTD
03-17-2009, 12:31 PM

650 on Fuel
780 on spray (890 danville HP)

:hehe:
Brandon

Stingpuller
03-17-2009, 05:41 PM
Let me guess! nobody told you about the Intercooler boot blowing off. Like I said Dyno numbers mean nothing. Real numbers are from the racetrack. Jeff

kyle03d
03-17-2009, 05:59 PM
Let me guess! nobody told you about the Intercooler boot blowing off. Like I said Dyno numbers mean nothing. Real numbers are from the racetrack. Jeff

You are right no one told me that, but let me guess something also, I bet EEP has over 100 boots in all shapes, sizes and flavors.

I agree real numbers are at the racetracks for your type and pulling tracks for the big HP stuff.

Again, my only point was danville's numbers are higher than the rest, and as many have found out that their 100hp higher truck gets out performed on the track(s). High dyno numbers for hype and sales just get me excited, it bothers me too much.

Good luck when they open up here soon!, I see the roll bar is in there!

gainer16
03-17-2009, 07:00 PM
You are right no one told me that, but let me guess something also, I bet EEP has over 100 boots in all shapes, sizes and flavors.

I agree real numbers are at the racetracks for your type and pulling tracks for the big HP stuff.

Again, my only point was danville's numbers are higher than the rest, and as many have found out that their 100hp higher truck gets out performed on the track(s). High dyno numbers for hype and sales just get me excited, it bothers me too much.

Good luck when they open up here soon!, I see the roll bar is in there!

idk how you keep bashing on a shop that you have sent your own customers to. hmmm my $.02

kyle03d
03-17-2009, 07:36 PM
idk how you keep bashing on a shop that you have sent your own customers to. hmmm my $.02

wtf are you talking about? At least give me some hints or clues, this is one of the more stupid things you've posted on here.

emiller3
03-17-2009, 08:28 PM
I just purchased a Danville stage 2 68mm for everyday use and drag on the weekends.Once everything is back together and running I will let you know what it is all about.Hopefully in the next two weeks or so.

Otts
03-17-2009, 08:31 PM

Dude, what engine is in that lawn tractor, I want one. I got a JD 214 that would look good with black smoke coming from it!!

gainer16
03-17-2009, 08:55 PM
wtf are you talking about? At least give me some hints or clues, this is one of the more stupid things you've posted on here.

i think you know who im talking about but i dont want them to be brought into this childish ****... yes i know i called myself that too and should have not said a word but it is childish and dumb.

kyle03d
03-17-2009, 09:08 PM
i think you know who im talking about but i dont want them to be brought into this childish ****... yes i know i called myself that too and should have not said a word but it is childish and dumb.

hmm

The closest thing I can think of was a guy that had already went for the grass on the other side of the fence, and I told him I didn't want to be associated with the truck, for obvious reasons, it then had 2 major engine failures in a year.

danville performance building your new big motor?

48snowman48
03-17-2009, 09:24 PM
Dude, what engine is in that lawn tractor, I want one. I got a JD 214 that would look good with black smoke coming from it!!

Dodgegen2 posted on another thread that it was a 3 cyl perkins? Pretty sweet.

gainer16
03-17-2009, 09:43 PM
Dodgegen2 posted on another thread that it was a 3 cyl perkins? Pretty sweet.

did i see right that the lawnmower made 500 horse.

gainer16
03-17-2009, 09:46 PM
hmm

The closest thing I can think of was a guy that had already went for the grass on the other side of the fence, and I told him I didn't want to be associated with the truck, for obvious reasons, it then had 2 major engine failures in a year.

danville performance building your new big motor?

nope came straight from isuzu stock as can be! still is to this day... but Mark did tune it and do the charger work! GO TEAM BARROWED TIME!!!:rockwoot:

Timbeaux
03-17-2009, 09:53 PM
................ Holy mother of God............. This thread rocks.

And yet nobody has reported a post or whined to a moderator........... Who says Dmax guys are pu$$ies???? Carry on gentlemen.... carry on.

duramaxxin73
03-17-2009, 10:01 PM
Someone get the popcorn and beer. This is the most excitement that I've had in a long time:rockwoot:

48snowman48
03-17-2009, 10:23 PM
did i see right that the lawnmower made 500 horse.

No, I think the truck before it (95CTD) made 495. Not sure about the tractor.

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49587

kyle03d
03-17-2009, 10:51 PM
nope came straight from isuzu stock as can be! still is to this day... but Mark did tune it and do the charger work! GO TEAM BARROWED TIME!!!:rockwoot:

Matt,

I used the future tense "building" and you responded with past tense "came" and "did". Did you really think I was asking about your red truck? Everyone and their grandma's sister knows your motor is stockern stock and your on "team borrowed time".

The question was; Is danville performance building your NEW engine for your NEW truck?

gainer16
03-17-2009, 11:08 PM
well id sure like to know what your talkin about....please enlighten me! im in for a good story before bed time!!!

Trester
03-17-2009, 11:09 PM
Paging Mother Goose Paging Mother Goose WE ARE IN NEED FOR A BED TIME STORY

duramaxxin73
03-17-2009, 11:19 PM
Paging Mother Goose Paging Mother Goose WE ARE IN NEED FOR A BED TIME STORY

Well this one time at band camp!!!! nope sorry thats the wrong story:bang what about the Wizard of Oz anyone know that one:rockwoot:

kyle03d
03-17-2009, 11:23 PM
well id sure like to know what your talkin about....please enlighten me! im in for a good story before bed time!!!

how many times have you hit refresh in the last 10 minutes?

kyle03d
03-17-2009, 11:27 PM
are you mad your missing the secret phase of your new project before you even get to start?

Trester
03-17-2009, 11:33 PM
how many times have you hit refresh in the last 10 minutes?

About as many times as Brayden has refreshed ur trannys

gainer16
03-17-2009, 11:33 PM
what are you talking about kyle....havent even started yet... wow you completely missed it cause its done and sitting in the barn already. if you need some ideas come on down and take a peek. dad would love to show it to you! please call before you come!

duramaxxin73
03-17-2009, 11:35 PM
About as many times as Brayden has refreshed ur trannys

:kick:

Trester
03-17-2009, 11:57 PM
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x272/gainpops07/prematureejac.jpg

spy photo taken inside a shop at the corner of rt 54 and urbana moorefield rd!

duramaxxin73
03-18-2009, 12:01 AM
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x272/gainpops07/prematureejac.jpg

spy photo taken inside a shop at the corner of rt 54 and urbana moorefield rd!

Is that a lolipop kid off of the wizard of oz on the side of that thing. That thing is bad:bow:

Stingpuller
03-18-2009, 03:47 PM
Kyle, I already run it this year local and went 11.30's at 123 mph not hooking up. I know thats not were it should be but if it wasn't hard it wouldn't be mine! BTW I called EEP before the event and they didn't have what I needed. It kinda surprised me. Jeff

Spurs_442
03-25-2009, 02:08 PM
Just to throw my two cents in. I had kyle do some work on my tranny and its holding up ok right now and I did go to Danville to get my turbo. There is something I have to say about the service from them. I have to say this also Kyle is not a good buisnessman. Every since I pulled in urbana last year with Danville performance stickers on my truck he will not even try to return my call when I wanted to send transmission or other buisness his way or looking for parts for my broken truck. I will go back to Danville and send my future buisness there. BTW my truck didn't make crazy numbers on their dyno I beat some stout trucks with my 530hp. GO TEAM BORROWED TIME
:poke: :rockwoot:

kyle03d
03-25-2009, 02:41 PM
Just to throw my two cents in. I had kyle do some work on my tranny and its holding up ok right now and I did go to Danville to get my turbo. There is something I have to say about the service from them. I have to say this also Kyle is not a good buisnessman. Every since I pulled in urbana last year with Danville performance stickers on my truck he will not even try to return my call when I wanted to send transmission or other buisness his way or looking for parts for my broken truck. I will go back to Danville and send my future buisness there. BTW my truck didn't make crazy numbers on their dyno I beat some stout trucks with my 530hp. GO TEAM BORROWED TIME
:poke: :rockwoot:

Sorry Matt, Glad your trans is doing good as your truck seems to make a lot of carnage, I'm just not interested in more business. Just let me know if you ever need support on your transmission.

Spurs_442
03-25-2009, 03:50 PM
Sorry Matt, Glad your trans is doing good as your truck seems to make a lot of carnage, I'm just not interested in more business. Just let me know if you ever need support on your transmission.

Will do. so far so good its holding up to all of the abuse I have put it through and it has a lot of miles on it since you did the job. I can not complain about any of the work you did for me. Good luck with your truck(s) this year maybe I will see you at a pull or two.

SteveFord
03-31-2009, 11:19 AM
Man I like threads like these lets me throw my 2 cents in. All you guys claiming to make big power besides Jeff as he's not scared to run, unload your pulling stuff off your truck and hit the strip! No excuses! Don't care what you run as far as combos or whos stuff you have lets see what you can do. Then the bull$hit can stop. Jneal did it how come no one else has??? By the way I'm no fan for anyone that talks numbers and dosen't hit the strip and back them up or their products. Tried to get ppe to take their truck with their vvt charger to the track and they never did but said it should make 600 hp. Wonder why they never did!

gainer16
03-31-2009, 02:18 PM
Man I like threads like these lets me throw my 2 cents in. All you guys claiming to make big power besides Jeff as he's not scared to run, unload your pulling stuff off your truck and hit the strip! No excuses! Don't care what you run as far as combos or whos stuff you have lets see what you can do. Then the bull$hit can stop. Jneal did it how come no one else has??? By the way I'm no fan for anyone that talks numbers and dosen't hit the strip and back them up or their products. Tried to get ppe to take their truck with their vvt charger to the track and they never did but said it should make 600 hp. Wonder why they never did!

because not all of us drag race or for that matter even like racing. we prove ourselves in what our trucks are built for. some of us race others pull. they arer way different aspects. a truck that pulls good may race ****ty. a truck that races good may pull ****ty. we build them for the purpose and thats what the truck is good at.

SteveFord
03-31-2009, 02:48 PM
I can see a truck that pulls good has different senarios to help it do so but hp is hp and will propell you down the track to a certain mph. What makes your pulling setup on your truck stop it from running good besides if you don't take the weight out of it you if you added any than your basic truck as far as setup? Either way if you don't like drag racing its a good way to see if your power numbers are true or not.

Big Block 88
03-31-2009, 02:55 PM
Casper is purpose built for raceing and he is pretty impressive on the sled pulls to

SteveFord
03-31-2009, 02:58 PM
Casper is purpose built for raceing and he is pretty impressive on the sled pulls to

Very true. Tomac's truck is still impressive for multi use and so is Bobo's.

Spurs_442
03-31-2009, 07:12 PM
I can see a truck that pulls good has different senarios to help it do so but hp is hp and will propell you down the track to a certain mph. What makes your pulling setup on your truck stop it from running good besides if you don't take the weight out of it you if you added any than your basic truck as far as setup? Either way if you don't like drag racing its a good way to see if your power numbers are true or not.

Sorry dude I have to comment on this. A HP number doesn't mean s*** on the track. Back when I was a drag racer more than a puller I ran a car with less power and less motor just as fast as others. I have to agree with gainer on this one some pullers are built for that and some are for draggin but it all comes down to how you set your vehicle up. BTW my puller is more than happy to haul my strip cars to the track it has nothing to prove there its happy just holding its own workin on the farm and tearing up the pulling track.:poke:

MarkBroviak
03-31-2009, 08:57 PM

Sorry Steve, but this is not true when it is "purpose built" to do one thing really well. It is about as clear as mud. For examples, Kusilek's(sorry if miss spelled) little truck made 918ish rwhp but only turned 12.3-12.4 in the quarter. Ric Scrimager's truck was great sled puller but 12.3ish was the best it did at the drag strip also. The "Dirty Hooker" has more horsepower imho than Tomac's and beats it on the sled track but Tomac is faster on the strip. Setup is far more important than the power level on the drag strip. You got guys like Tom(The Bac) running 12.4's with a stock turboed dmax which is .1 slower than a fully built to the hilt 850++RWHP Race truck???? Doesn't make alot of sense does it. As far as Gainer's truck, I would almost gaurantee it would blow up on the drag strip if he ran it with the belt on it and the 660hp tune. It was purpose built to be at it's best on the dirt with a completely stock motor, period. I personaly though it was going to blow up ALONG time ago but it just keeps going and going and who knows how long it will last but I can gaurantee you that we are going to continue to push her as hard as we have and time will tell the story.

SteveFord
04-01-2009, 12:35 AM
Sorry dude I have to comment on this. A HP number doesn't mean s*** on the track. Back when I was a drag racer more than a puller I ran a car with less power and less motor just as fast as others. I have to agree with gainer on this one some pullers are built for that and some are for draggin but it all comes down to how you set your vehicle up. BTW my puller is more than happy to haul my strip cars to the track it has nothing to prove there its happy just holding its own workin on the farm and tearing up the pulling track.:poke:

Your hp to weight ratio must have been good. What I'm getting at is mph not e.t. Your mph shows power.
Mark I understand where your comming from about purpose built trucks as the one you stated. Tony's truck weighs alot but his mph his there for his power last time I seen his sig. Tomacs truck is lighter. You need to take the truck you dynoed that had the great power curve with your turbo unlike curves I've seen with other modded vvt. The number was impresive but the curve is what I liked and think it would scream.

Spurs_442
04-03-2009, 07:30 AM
Your hp to weight ratio must have been good. What I'm getting at is mph not e.t. Your mph shows power.
Mark I understand where your comming from about purpose built trucks as the one you stated. Tony's truck weighs alot but his mph his there for his power last time I seen his sig. Tomacs truck is lighter. You need to take the truck you dynoed that had the great power curve with your turbo unlike curves I've seen with other modded vvt. The number was impresive but the curve is what I liked and think it would scream.

Just an FYI my favorite car was a sleeper 3800lbs with a mild 355ci small block. It ran in the real low 13's and mph over 100 through the traps

MarkBroviak
04-03-2009, 09:45 PM
Hopefully Tuesday night Steve we will see but it is stupid fast from the SOTP meter.

SteveFord
04-03-2009, 11:12 PM
Hopefully Tuesday night Steve we will see but it is stupid fast from the SOTP meter.

Seen you got another one of your stage 2 turbos done on another truck and made good power with that! Keep me posted on how it does as I get more interested about these the more I read!

duramaxxin73
04-04-2009, 11:24 PM

:rockwoot:

SteveFord
04-08-2009, 07:47 PM
Did you guys go last night?

duramaxxin73
04-08-2009, 08:21 PM
Did you guys go last night?

We ended up not being able to go, due to ORP cancel tuesday night drags due to Cold Weather. Were gonna try again next tuesday night on the 14th.

SteveFord
04-09-2009, 07:53 PM
That's cool. Weather here dosen't know if it wants to be spring or winter here lately.

duramaxxin73
04-10-2009, 09:15 AM
Its the same way here right now. One day its nice and warm out and the next its raining and freezing outside

MarkBroviak
04-14-2009, 08:52 PM
And we got rained out agian, this sucks.

duramaxxin73
04-14-2009, 09:17 PM
And we got rained out agian, this sucks.

There's always the 21st or TS!!!!!!

dMerrell89
05-27-2009, 11:40 AM
Who would honestly send anything to kyle... even if he did the best work or sold the best parts or was the cheapest (imo none are true) why would you have him work on your stuff when he acts like a kid? I'd never have someone like him do anything to my truck.