PDA

View Full Version : oil question

thedirtymax
03-09-2009, 11:19 PM
ok we have 2 08 5500s at work and the dealership they said that we needed to put low ash oil in them when we change the oil. is this true or is that a bs story to get us to buy expensive oil from them? i know nothing about the 6.7s or dpf equiped trucks. any input would be great.thanks guys.

ISBeINSIDE
03-09-2009, 11:57 PM
yes this is true you have to use low ash oil...if you dont want to pay the price for mopar brand than buy something else it just has be the least grade low ash oil.

thedirtymax
03-10-2009, 09:41 PM
ok thanks. my uncle got a 50 gallon drum of cj4 so we should be good

bruizer28
03-14-2009, 03:27 AM
if you have a dpf delete kit, do you still have to run the cj4 oil?

SITE TECH
03-14-2009, 11:59 PM
Go to ROTELLA'S web site and read what they say about Low ash oil and why we need it. From what I read it's because this dumb polution crap we even need this. When I next change my oil it will be with ROTELLA as we use in everything else we own. It is a low ash oil and will not cause intake build up do to soot from the EGR. But read the facts from them. We use it in everything from half million dollar dozers, off road trucks, on road trucks and not just in the power plant but in the auto trans too. Most of these new ZF transmissions from Europe love Rotella and so do I. These transmitions are in alot of newer heavy equipment with auto transmitions from loaders to articulating trucks and buldozers. So glad that I just went to their web site to check on low ash oil and was very glad to read I don't have to change a damm thing. It just too easy to stay with one product for most all applications.

This message was brought to you by SITE TECH, INC.
Not SHELL ROTELLA and this is not a paid indorsement.
We have too much other crap to worry about with these new emission laws atleast this is not one of them. Damm tree huggers!:woohoo: