PDA

View Full Version : VG Turbo controller

SlowCummin
03-16-2009, 08:34 AM
A friend of mine told me about a VG Turbo Controller for the 6.7 Holset.

I have done a quick search but cannot find any info. Anyone know who makes it and what is involved in installing it.

SlowCummin
03-16-2009, 02:32 PM
Well I found this controller from Fleece, anyone ever run this product?

Are there better controllers available?

or because i'm new here is everyone blowing me off :doh:

http://www.fleeceperformance.com/App_Themes/Fleece/images/67_Boost_Cont_Small.jpg

Dumass
03-16-2009, 02:54 PM
Well look at about the 24th post below yours. Nice three pager about, you should have known I read about it on CompD :D

SlowCummin
03-17-2009, 08:14 AM
I think I'll pass for now on the Fleece. For 45.00 more I can stack an MP-8 on the XRT and make way more power for the $. Plus I'm not too kneen on splicing the fleece into the wiring harness.

When or if they make a plug in adpater for the BC I might consider it. Not a bad product but it's something for further down the road.

Sloverado
03-17-2009, 10:41 AM
Quad makes one as well. Have not ran one but they have them out as well.

SlowCummin
03-17-2009, 11:40 AM
Quad makes one as well. Have not ran one but they have them out as well.

Yeah I've seen the Quad as well. 119.99 on purecummins.com http://www.purecummins.com/img/quad/quadzilla-boost-fooler.jpg

Doesn't quite have the tunability of the Fleece.

curtrwall
03-17-2009, 05:35 PM
I'm running the Fleece boost controler. I love it. If you read through that post I have some video and dyno sheets. Its not a big HP gainer but the adjustablity is nice.

SlowCummin
03-18-2009, 07:23 AM
I'm running the Fleece boost controler. I love it. If you read through that post I have some video and dyno sheets. Its not a big HP gainer but the adjustablity is nice.

I have been toying with the Fleece and I totally feel like an Asshat for starting this post, having found your post shortly there after. :kick:

I read in your post that you need to splice into the existing harness with the fleece, since it doesn't have a connector piggy back basically. Where exactly is this done and how involved is the process. I don't like cutting factory harnesses really.

I looked at the dyno sheet and the video and no matter what that "KT guy" said I still like the fact that the power is there sooner and at lower RPM with the Fleece.

:thankyou2:

curtrwall
03-18-2009, 10:41 AM
I have been toying with the Fleece and I totally feel like an Asshat for starting this post, having found your post shortly there after. :kick:

I read in your post that you need to splice into the existing harness with the fleece, since it doesn't have a connector piggy back basically. Where exactly is this done and how involved is the process. I don't like cutting factory harnesses really.

I looked at the dyno sheet and the video and no matter what that "KT guy" said I still like the fact that the power is there sooner and at lower RPM with the Fleece.

:thankyou2:

That KT guy is the ass-hat. You only have to cut one wire and make sure you connect the correct end to both open ends of wire. Oh, power and ground too. Rumor is connectors are in the works.

SlowCummin
03-18-2009, 12:14 PM
Sounds simple enough.

My buddy has Weather Pack T-Connectors that you can unplug in a hurry if necessary. The T stays on the jumpered wire and the aftermarket wire simply unplugs. Maybe you guys can look into supplying these in the future as well until a connector that matches the European one is sourced.

I see you work for Fleece, are these controllers available for immediate shipping?

Thanks again Curt.

curtrwall
03-18-2009, 03:50 PM
The wire is not T-tapped. You must cut the wire and insert one wire into the plug side and another wire into the harness side. The male and female butt connectors are supplied so if you need to un-hook you may do so.

SlowCummin
03-18-2009, 09:22 PM
The wire is not T-tapped. You must cut the wire and insert one wire into the plug side and another wire into the harness side. The male and female butt connectors are supplied so if you need to un-hook you may do so.

Sweet got you. Probably will be ordering soon. Right now saving cash to get to NHDRA @ Ennis.