PDA

View Full Version : New pulling semi

inline6359
03-16-2009, 09:22 PM
Me and my buddies recently aquired a 1984 kenworth b model witha 400 big cam series 2. We plan on shortening the frame, have already removed the sleeper, and blacking out EVERYTHING next winter if all goes to plan. Below are the pics of before, after and during sleeper removal. The next step is to slide the axles forward, injectors, clutch, turbo and go trough the transmission. HHope to atleast make one pull

Anybody know how much head pressure i can saftly run in the fuel system? I would like 500 but that may not be possible for the first year.

So far we will more then likly be known as the BRA (Brad, Rick, and Adam) pulling team, with the motto being "WE YANK MORE THEN THE SLED." That may change, still thinking of a name.

But any and all ideas are welcome.

SmokinCAT
03-17-2009, 10:16 AM
Before you shorten the truck you might want to check the rules, here http://www.bigrigspulling.com/node/27, they will have alot to do with the pulls in you area, even if you dont pull with them you will need to have your truck up to their rules.

Good Luck with the truck.

MoltenRedJD
03-17-2009, 11:00 AM
Sounds like a fun project. I would like to comment in a non-trolling manner that your saying "We yank more than the sled" sounds like you are talking about yanking "tools". Which I am sure is not your intention, but that's my first thought.

SmokinCAT
03-17-2009, 11:18 AM
Dont worry, it fits in with the name of my Pete "Jerkin A Load"

inline6359
03-17-2009, 01:41 PM
Before you shorten the truck you might want to check the rules, here http://www.bigrigspulling.com/node/27, they will have alot to do with the pulls in you area, even if you dont pull with them you will need to have your truck up to their rules.

Good Luck with the truck.

Yes i have looked at the rules, but thanks for the heads up. We have several ways we can go. The first is to place the front drive axle about 6 inches from the back of the fuel tanks. The second is we remove the left fuel tank, and the right storage compartment and move the right tank under the cab. This gives us a real short wheel base, but removes alot of our ballast weight on the left side. The later would mean the truck would probably be lucky to weigh 15000, but we would preferr the look of the short base. To bad we cant hang weight.:bang

Sounds like a fun project. I would like to comment in a non-trolling manner that your saying "We yank more than the sled" sounds like you are talking about yanking "tools". Which I am sure is not your intention, but that's my first thought.

Put your mind in the gutter.....Our team number as well will probably be 69.:hehe:

inline6359
03-17-2009, 01:42 PM
Dont worry, it fits in with the name of my Pete "Jerkin A Load"

Do you run FPP with herogger (sp?), fox, august, and baron and the rest?

SmokinCAT
03-17-2009, 10:51 PM
Nope, none of the classes come far enough west for me to get in with them, plus I dont like traveling a long way to get my butt handed to me.

I might be at the FPP pull in new lexington, Oh. this year though, its only a hundred mile trip.

SmokinCAT
03-18-2009, 03:48 AM
On the rules, I meant to point out the part about the distance from the center of the drive axles to the back of the cab in your case.

Im not sure why they put that rule in place.

LOGANSTANFORTH
03-18-2009, 08:34 AM
On the rules, I meant to point out the part about the distance from the center of the drive axles to the back of the cab in your case.

Im not sure why they put that rule in place.

you dont happen to know a guy named Darren from up around Jamestown do you???? he uses that same saying....

oh and look into Michelin XDY or Goodyear G177's for tires......probably the roughest tread tires out there that ive found......

the Goodyears....
http://www.goodyear.com.gt/tirecatalog/img/g177n.jpg

the Michelins.....
http://www.goodwheels.ru/img_item/Michelin_XDY_368.jpg

SmokinCAT
03-18-2009, 09:18 AM
Not sure who your talking about logan, this is cody bobb BTW, I might know him if I saw him.

LOGANSTANFORTH
03-18-2009, 10:46 AM
your truck is the only one i didnt get pictures of.....i do got video though....i would post it up but there is some vulgar language in it :hehe:

inline6359
03-18-2009, 08:21 PM
oh and look into Michelin XDY or Goodyear G177's for tires......probably the roughest tread tires out there that ive found......

the Goodyears....
http://www.goodyear.com.gt/tirecatalog/img/g177n.jpg

the Michelins.....
http://www.goodwheels.ru/img_item/Michelin_XDY_368.jpg

Idk what we are running, my boss id working on tires for us, if i remember tey are pretty agressive.

plus I dont like traveling a long way to get my butt handed to me.

I know what you mean, wait until this year. Changes have been made to all the trucks, pilus some new ones. The sled operator better hold the **** on....:hehe:

Diesel Dummy
03-18-2009, 09:03 PM
500 is easy with that bc2 all pump mods will get you that and more, try and find a 0 or a 1 fuel button or even a 00 but good luck on the 00, the 1and the 0 will be hard enough to find, shim the spring and turn the screw in the fuel rod and have a blast, just get a good pyro.

SmokinCAT
03-19-2009, 03:36 AM
Be glad you didnt take pictures of that ugly SOB it might break your camera.

I have videos of most of the pulls we went to here, http://s293.photobucket.com/albums/mm65/Truckinbobb/

Feel free to browse around.

inline6359
04-06-2009, 09:21 PM
With the axles slid forward, we will be welding the rears this weekend, and maybe go through the engine.

FosterW
04-07-2009, 07:13 AM
atta boy

inline6359
04-20-2009, 09:17 PM
These are with the axles slid, frame chopped and air bags plummed in.

Sledpuller
04-21-2009, 12:26 AM
Damn where you at?

Hairhoger and class are running with NADM, Western and NW Pullers this season, stomping all over the west pa area.

We especially need you out in Numidia July 18th.

May 2nd we have a hook for that class in Elkins West Va.

SmokinCAT
04-21-2009, 02:46 AM
Damn where you at?

Hairhoger and class are running with NADM, Western and NW Pullers this season, stomping all over the west pa area.

When are you going to make it farther to the west, there are plenty of trucks in ohio looking for someone to get a good system set up, so if you can get it through to anyone let them know.

SmokinCAT
04-21-2009, 02:48 AM
:Cheer:These are with the axles slid, frame chopped and air bags plummed in.

Lookin good. :Cheer:

Sledpuller
04-21-2009, 10:04 AM
When are you going to make it farther to the west, there are plenty of trucks in ohio looking for someone to get a good system set up, so if you can get it through to anyone let them know.

NADM will go where the trucks are at and promoters want us.pm sent.

Snedge
04-21-2009, 10:20 AM
Oh I like the big trucks. Good luck with it.
Thats one of Cables. I think I know that truck.

inline6359
04-21-2009, 10:20 AM
Damn where you at?

New brighton pa

:Cheer:

Lookin good. :Cheer:

Thanks, cant wait until this winter when it gets a fresh paint job.:rockwoot:

Snedge
04-21-2009, 10:28 AM
Is it leaking coolant under the heads?

SmokinCAT
04-21-2009, 12:22 PM
Im ready to get to working on mine as well, I have a new turbo on the way, and I also still need to get my clutch rebuilt. I will have plenty to do for the next few weeks.

Thanks for the response sleddy, it is nice to see a sanctioning body that is interested in having semis pull, most dont want to mess with street trucks, they just want the big boys.

inline6359
04-21-2009, 02:35 PM
Is it leaking coolant under the heads?

No we just pulled it out of the washbay to get the cutting oil and metal off the frame and steam the tranny before it gets pulled. We do have some small coolant and oil leaks, but it is dire need of a tune up a i think we have a leaking tip.

Guess i have to side track the supercharger project snedge.....:bang

Snedge
04-21-2009, 03:57 PM
No we just pulled it out of the washbay to get the cutting oil and metal off the frame and steam the tranny before it gets pulled. We do have some small coolant and oil leaks, but it is dire need of a tune up a i think we have a leaking tip.

Guess i have to side track the supercharger project snedge.....:bang

Yeah, :hehe: but thats cool. You got yourself a big hammer now.

inline6359
04-21-2009, 04:08 PM
Yeah, :hehe: but thats cool. You got yourself a big hammer now.

Big hammer....nah, i upgraded to a big ball peen, now a QSK19 would be a big hammer.....:evil

Snedge
04-21-2009, 04:19 PM
Big hammer....nah, i upgraded to a big ball peen, now a QSK19 would be a big hammer.....:evil

Big expensive hammer. LOL Lemme know if you need one. :)

I was also wondering what you plan on using for clutch. Lipe I hope.:rockwoot:

If you haven't done anything on that yet give me a call.

inline6359
04-21-2009, 05:14 PM
Big expensive hammer. LOL Lemme know if you need one. :)

I was also wondering what you plan on using for clutch. Lipe I hope.:rockwoot:

If you haven't done anything on that yet give me a call.

we are using the my buddies old clutch he had last year, it was pulled because his e-model went up in some power. but i will keep you in mind for our parts.:Cheer:

CumminAtYa
04-21-2009, 05:48 PM
How much did you snag the truck for?

inline6359
04-21-2009, 11:21 PM
4k.

BFD99
04-21-2009, 11:48 PM
dang thats a deal!

CumminAtYa
04-22-2009, 08:40 AM
dang thats a deal!