PDA

View Full Version : anyone tried boltin up a 6 speed

kadeninabnitt
03-19-2009, 09:44 PM
i was just wondering if any one has tried putting a 6 speed out of a superduty in an obs ive been thinking about doing it if its possible

Diesel_Brad
04-11-2009, 07:37 PM
you will need a BFH or a body lift. The trans tunnel will not accomodate a zf6

Colorado
04-30-2009, 11:30 PM
You'd probably be money ahead to get a US gear overdrive and then you would have 10 forward gears!

Dave

Colorado
04-30-2009, 11:31 PM
Brad, how's that 86 coming along?

Dave

12v Ford
05-30-2009, 12:29 PM
I did, and there are a few guys that I know have. Mine's behind a cummins, so things may be a little different. I also have a us gear behind it. If you notice in the '99+ trucks that the passenger side floor board has a lump, that's how the obs will end up to fit the downpipe. The clearence is real tight, but it doesn't rub. The tranny crossmember is the same width and is what I used. I just had to move it back a little.

IMHO, the zf-6 speed is the best light duty manual tranny out there as far as strength and gearing. Of course I've always been partial to ford trannys$.02

Bruno2
06-13-2009, 09:05 AM
Ford does have the best standard trannies on the market . The z-f 5 was an excellent tranny . The zf-6 is probably a better tranny dont the six speeds have a fluid pump and a cooler the fluid runs through ? . The z-f trannies are German engineered . Dodge and gm run the same standard trannies a new venture product and they are pos's .