No more 6.4???

Ford was designing their new engines before the 6.4's came out... the 6.4 was a stop-gap to meet emissions while they worked on their own engine so that they could get away from International/Navistar after the 6.0 debachle

They are completely done with Navistar now. I have heard everything from an in-house motor to CAT or CUMMINS so who knows. I seriously doubt the Cummins. CAT is going to stop producing over the road engines soon so that wont be it. $.02

I'm gonna be curious to see what they go with (6.7 V8 Scorpion) and how well it does.. Might hold out and get one of them instead of the 6.4l

Guy at the diesel pump the other day told me the Fords are getting Cummings motors in 2010.

I heard that 6.7 Scorpion was going to be the Base model other than the Gassers and that a Cummins will be a option. Ford has been picking up on all the swaps.

I heard that 6.7 Scorpion was going to be the Base model other than the Gassers and that a Cummins will be a option. Ford has been picking up on all the swaps.

Not seeing that happening...

I've been hearing that Ford is gonna get the Cummins in 2 years forever...

Not seeing that happening...

I've been hearing that Ford is gonna get the Cummins in 2 years forever...

Not saying that it is Just what I have heard I mean you can get them in the F650 and up why not just be smart enough and bring them from the F250 and up?

I will say this... I have owned far more Ford vehicles than I have Chrysler... I would love to see Ford really step it up and be top dog or at least knock the Isuzu in the dirt.

Ford lost me when they put the modular V8's in everything, and I've never really been a fan of the International/Navistar offerings. Maybe this new engine will be their redemption in my eyes :D

Back