Fuel plate

JHud

i have a "young" customer who is wanting more smoke out of his 12v....we already put 5in exhaust and a BHAF and gauges, so now i was thinking a fuel plate, maybe a #10...He hauls cattle regularly and i dont neeed him cooking the motor...let me know what you guys think on the # of plate and where i can find one...thanks

Just turn the low boost fuel screw on the back of the afc in a little. Then it wont get any hotter at on the top end.

i have a "young" customer who is wanting more smoke out of his 12v....we already put 5in exhaust and a BHAF and gauges, so now i was thinking a fuel plate, maybe a #10...He hauls cattle regularly and i dont neeed him cooking the motor...let me know what you guys think on the # of plate and where i can find one...thanks

spare anyone who would be following him under tow and refuse to do it....

[grind stock plate flat]

ok...what if i did the screw in the back of the afc and ground it flat? Anyone got a more descript version bout this screw and how far to turn it in?

Ya, but he's gunna do it anyways, so i figured why not me be making the money rather than someone else

This should help some,

http://wiki.dieseltruckresource.com/wiki/Pump_Mod's

The whole thing talks about fuel adjustments in the afc but the one they are telling you about is calledthe "smoke screw"/strawheel adjustment that controls fuel on the 0-light boost.

Adam M.

smoke screw and starwheel are two different adjusters

Low boost fuel screw (smoke screw) adjusts the fuel before boost is made.

Star wheel adjust how much boost is needed to move the afc forward.

Really I thought that it adjusts the low boost fueling (the star wheel)?

So is the smoke screw the stud that comes out that you can tighten the nut on or loosen it?

Thanks for the info

Adam M.

if its a five speed he could just lug the hell out of it if he wants it to smoke. 2nd and 5th is all this kid i know uses gets 8mpg but he's "cool":umno:

What is funny is that if it is a 215 truck you can make it run like a raped ape for very little money, if you are worried about EGT's don't install a gauge. I know a cut stock plate, stock injectors with 3K's will make 1900!

Jim

Really I thought that it adjusts the low boost fueling (the star wheel)?

So is the smoke screw the stud that comes out that you can tighten the nut on or loosen it?

Thanks for the info

Adam M.

The low boost fuel screw is just a set screw. When you turn it in it pushes the afc forward allowing the pump to give it more fuel at 0 boost.

Back