Pwoject Wicked Wabbit

Billysgoat

The ANTI-BLING!
Thanks to Andy's helpful post earlier I have gained a good bit of insight on my latest (and most pressing) project, a VW Rabbit PU that is soon to be back to diesel power.

I aquired the truck from Todd (blackandstacked) after he figured out that being hunched up like a monkey attempting intercourse with a football was not good for his bum knees :doh: When he got the truck it had a gas motor in it and it came with the original diesel, sans a few needed parts, mainly the timing gears and accessories. Well a local junkyard just happened to have a Rabbit car with a complete diesel motor in it I could pick up on the cheap, sent Todd after it since he knows the guys out there better than I do and could get a better price, he calls me on the way back to tell me that this particular car happens to have a turbo diesel :D

I played with the car this afternoon enough to hear it hit and run, briefly, on one cylinder. Pretty sure the injectors are crudded up, but I happen to have another set :) If it works out right, I should be able to change the oil, swap injectors and swap this motor right into the PU and have a running vehicle rather quickly. Did I say running?? How about running like a raped ape??? :evil From what I have been able to gather, 120-140 RWHP is not out of the question with these motors, add in a vehicle weight of 2k or less and this could get real fun, real quick :woohoo: :woohoo:

ahh yes billy! im not sure, dont quote me...but maybe a 4 cylinter P pump is a possibility LOL :evil then throw a stack in the bed, turn the boost up (or get a bigger huffer :evil )

Dom

VW makes some great little diesels. I love mine. I want to get a TDI, but they are a bit pricey so I am running this one for what it's worth. Chris

partsguy662 said:
I've got plenty of 5" chrome pipe laying around, Billy...When you need it, say so...LOL

3" would be closer to right- on there, probably give it some crackle too in the tone-LOL :evil :evil :evil :poke:

This is Billy we're talking about here, Jeff.What is right and sensible isn't his style anyway...

Trust me, 5" is the minimum...LOL

partsguy662 said:
This is Billy we're talking about here, Jeff.What is right and sensible isn't his style anyway...

Trust me, 5" is the minimum...LOL

Yeah your right:kick: :eek:wned: It IS Billy we're talking bout LOL LOL

A buddy put a 3" downpipe & straight pipe on his rabbit. It sounds horribly ricer fart-can-ish. I'll see if I can find a clip of it.

brandon.

A buddy of mine is putting a charger on his, and twin, 1.75" turn out stacks on his when he gets it running again...the "stacks" are the goofy bed rails off my truck from when I bought it...they actually look pretty good, too!!

It dynoed 46hp/68ft lb STOCK, we're hoping to double that at least!

Chris

joefarmer said:
A buddy put a 3" downpipe & straight pipe on his rabbit. It sounds horribly ricer fart-can-ish. I'll see if I can find a clip of it.

brandon.
So Billy will set the pace with a 5 incher:lolly: :aiwebs_029:

Probably have a drone that could be heard from 5 miles away:aiwebs_029: :lolly:

I envision the sound of a Honda ricer with the smoke of a built cummins through a 4" stack in the bed of a '80s front wheel drive VW truck... priceless right there... LOL

Scott, Jeff, would ya'll be so kind as to kiss my starfish??? :poke: LOL LOL LOL

IF I stack it it will be with dual 2.5' turnouts just a teeny tiny bit above the cab. The stacks will also be removable, this is being mainly built as a fuel sipping commuter that I will drive 2 hours every day, for some reason the thought of a stack 6 inches from my ear droning (or fart canning) for that long is not a fun idea. Already have the pieces I'll need in mind :evil

Matt> I joined there last night, look for a first post shortly :D And you are right, there are some very knowledgable folks on there.

Tomorrow I plan to swap injectors out and see if the motor will crank and rev up above idle, once I know it will do that the oil and timing belt gets changed, oil pressure checked and MAYBE gets dropped in the truck this weekend. If the motor runs well with no major leaks or turbo problems the seals on the pump will be broken and the fun will start :evil

He WILL stack it if I have to do it while he is asleep (i still have a key). Billy Try listening to mine for two hours every day not to mention the trip to houston. You just need to get a better stereo.

Back