PDA

View Full Version : efi live?

Chevycummins
04-05-2009, 08:05 PM
my brother is currently over seas and i have been left to do some work on his truck while he is gone.

he has been turned from edge to wanting EFI Live now and we both are not exactly for sure what all you need to run this set up.

of course i know gauges are a must but is there anything else besides the actual program that we need to be aware of?

forgot to mention its an 04 k2500 reg cab long bed 6spd manual trans lb7 dmax

thanks

michael

madmatt
04-05-2009, 10:18 PM
Gonna want a lift pump, and a clutch for sure.

Chevycummins
04-05-2009, 10:22 PM
got a clutch he had to get one when he had the edge juice with attitude.

heybob
04-06-2009, 01:50 PM
The only gauge you really need is a pyro if you don't have that already. Can monitor pretty much everything else with the V2 or laptop.

If you get the V2 you don't even need the gauge just the thermocouple, you can run the thermocouple to the V2 and monitor it with that. But I'd get a gauge so it's always in the truck.

edit: Get the dsp5 or dsp2 switch also.

Chevycummins
04-06-2009, 07:28 PM
Heybob what are those switches? And where do you all suggest getting efi live from or is there only one place to get it

heybob
04-06-2009, 09:04 PM
The switches wire into two unused pins in your ECM. They allow you switch between 5 (dsp5) or 2 (dsp2) different ECM tunes. Although positions 2-5 are limited in tables from position 1, the important tables are there. I bought mine through a local cincy guy that's kind of a dealer for it. You can get it straight through EFI though.

tylerrustLB7
04-06-2009, 10:24 PM
Like Heybob said, Dsp tunes are really nice for switchable tuning just make sure your Dsp1 tune is your strongest tune (race tune) has alot of tables to adjust and your other have about 8 tables to play with. As for dealers.....
Dustin @ Diesel Addiction-1-330-442-7879 or Mcrat Racing-1-951-270-0808

house
04-07-2009, 01:01 AM
another option to efi is Hp tuners its just like efi just lil more wallet friendly

Chevycummins
04-08-2009, 06:52 PM
i talked to dustin the other day was real easy to work with gotta talk to my brother a little more and find out exactly what he wants to do and which way he wants to go. thanks for the help and if anyone has any specific tunes to run or what to tweak that will be appreciated also

tylerrustLB7
04-08-2009, 11:46 PM
i talked to dustin the other day was real easy to work with gotta talk to my brother a little more and find out exactly what he wants to do and which way he wants to go. thanks for the help and if anyone has any specific tunes to run or what to tweak that will be appreciated also

HP tuners is diff from EFI, HP tuners you cannot just send a tune to a person you have to script it a diff way alittle more complicated.

Dustin is a great guy to deal with, if your brother buy's EFI from him he will be more than happy to help your brother.

Chevycummins
04-16-2009, 09:56 PM
Is a lift pump a requirement with efi live right off the bat? And for daily driving are all the suspension mods needed?

tylerrustLB7
04-18-2009, 12:17 PM
Is a lift pump a requirement with efi live right off the bat? And for daily driving are all the suspension mods needed?

No you dont have to have a lift-pump,if you run a big tune you will need one so you can hold rail press.Asfor suspension mods if your going to drag race it
if you 4x4 you will need tie rod sleevs and braces and clamp the rear spring to avoid wheel hop.

Chevycummins
04-18-2009, 06:42 PM
we wont be drag racing that much really maybe a ricer here and there on the street thats why we are not worried about making 600 HP he wants it to be street friendly and still be able to two a trailer here and there. i am sure if he starts laying on the throttle and noticing the loss of power due to the lack of fuel then he will eventually upgrade the rest of the items right now we are going with guages and efi live for the time being and see how it runs just driving on the streets and upgrade as necessary thanks for all the help and advice if you have anything else to add we appreciate it.

2wd_sled_puller
04-19-2009, 10:33 AM
Is a lift pump a requirement with efi live right off the bat?

YES and the reason i say that is your brother is probley gonna be them ones that say aww hell its fueling good look at all that black smoke i have and how much power its gain. When what he really dont no is he is killing the life of his CP3. be sure to tell him it dont matter how much smoke or how fast he thinks it is. Put a lift pump on it and it will be faster and last longer.

Chevycummins
04-19-2009, 10:40 AM
YES and the reason i say that is your brother is probley gonna be them ones that say aww hell its fueling good look at all that black smoke i have and how much power its gain. When what he really dont no is he is killing the life of his CP3. be sure to tell him it dont matter how much smoke or how fast he thinks it is. Put a lift pump on it and it will be faster and last longer.

Smoke is not an issue the only ti that me or him roll the smoke is on people that ride our ace on the road and if we are late for something and just lay it to the floor we like to be courtious to others if it is needed to save the injection pump so be it we will do so

2wd_sled_puller
04-19-2009, 11:16 AM
Smoke is not an issue the only ti that me or him roll the smoke is on people that ride our ace on the road and if we are late for something and just lay it to the floor we like to be courtious to others if it is needed to save the injection pump so be it we will do so

Im just saying that u need a lift pump. No matter how well u think it smokes and how much power u think u got. Add a lift pump and get fueling on the top end so u aint falling off up top

Chevycummins
04-19-2009, 11:20 AM
alright thanks not a prob will do that i know he doesnt want to blow anything up on it so we dont plan on doing any constant street racing or anything