couple questions

white07psd

hey guys, i am purchasing a new 2007 rclb f250 xlt with the 6.0 psd tomorrow evening:woohoo:

this will be my first diesel and i am very excited as i've always loved diesels.
im gonna be on a tight budget for a little while. im 18 and i will be making the payments all by myself. what are some good chips for the psds and are any out for the 2007s yet? i love black smoke and i'd like for her to give a good puff when i call on her. what are some ways i can feed her some fuel without upgrading injectors and keeping my tranny in piece. also would i be ok if i cut the muffler off and added a straight pipe on the stock exhaust system. should i keep the cat or not?

any help would be appreciated. btw this forum kicks ass:ylsuper:

Hey white07psd,

My name is DJ. If you need anything for your truck we can program an SCT tuner based on your specs.

And yes, we can make smoke and power. As much as you want. I am a Ford diesel tech and can answer your questions. Hopefully, fix your truck online or on the phone. You can cut your mufller off, delete the kitty and go 4" all the way to the back as long as you know someone at the dealership so they won't give you a hard time.

You're right this is a good forum. It's the good people!

DJ:evil

can you turn down the power on the sct tuners? do they have a monitor or anything or will i have to purchase gauges? i'd like to make some power and blow some smoke but at the same time keep my drivetrain working. how much do the custom programmed sct tuners run? whats the most power i can run on the sct tuner without harming the engine or tranny

Welcome to CompD white07psd!

There are no "on the fly" power changes with an SCT, but there has never been a time when I needed to change my power level while I was driving. The XCal holds three custon tunes plus your stock tune. Most people go with a street tune, a race tune, and a tow tune. I run a race tune everyday and have never had a problem that was caused by the SCT.
If you are considering an SCT I would strongly suggest DJ, I feel his tunes and customer service are the best.
You will need to get a set of gauges or some type of monitor to keep an eye on egt's.

hmmm.... how much do they cost with them programmed by dj. if i do buy one, i'll be buying it from dj. alot of people has referred me to dj.

white07psd,

I am Chris and I work for DJ. DJ is heading out of town sometime today so I will reply. I will send you a PM shortly.

thanks man. let me get this truck this evening and get rolling and i'll be giving yall a call sometime in the near future.

Good choice!! You will not regret doing business with DJ's they have a good reputation for a reason.
You will also not regret going SCT. This is the best bang for the buck you can add to a 6.0. For about $400 you you will put down about 420+ rwhp and 750+ rwtq
I run 13 sec 1/4 mile times with a SC 4x4 with an SCT tuner, and Airaid intake and an MBRP exhaust system.

white07psd said:
with that much power and torque, will the torqshift 5 speed automatic transmission take the abuse???

I've been running mid 13's and with nos in the 12's w/no problem at all and i have had not one problem yet. And i am running DJ's tunes all day long. I still have not seen one as fast yet with the little bit of bolt on's as me. Trust me i've been lookin all around where i live too. Oh as far as deleting the cat that would be a great idea. Here's a tip, if you have acess to a 7.3 exhaust the pipe that is in the same location as your cat will bolt right into place.

Back