PDA

View Full Version : !!!!!! Spartan Tappets !!!!!!

Soup Nazi
04-23-2009, 02:40 PM
What R They?

The Spartans are a stock common rail tappet that is heat treated, surface finished/polished and finally treated with low friction material.

Why Use Them?

They are specifically for the Spartan and Helix 2 Billet camshafts. They provide a lower friction, lower heat, and a super finish to withstand sliding and rubbing against the 8620 steel cam lobes.

When 2 Use Them?

They can run on any cam surface, but are optimized for the lobe hardness and surface finish on the Spartan and Billet Helix 2 cams. All Spartan and Helix 2 Billet cams need these tappets.

Where Do U Produce?

All processes are done right here in house currently. 100%. This is why the price is so low. We ask that only customers of the Spartan and Helix cams purchase them. The cost of the tappets is actually higher than we sell them at currently. Unless we can produce thousands of tappets per month. I dont see that happening any time soon.

How Do U Produce Them?

Some of the processing is better left unsaid, but much of it is obvious to anyone. Our surface finish is better than a typical tappet. With a roughness average much lower. Some heat treating tweaks allow the tappet to live a long and healthy life as well. The low friction treatment is part of the metal so it will not flake away or chip like a plated part could.

Below is a couple of photos. The first is after heat treatment and finishing. The second is after coating.

inline6power
04-23-2009, 04:51 PM
way to raise the bar Don. :Cheer:

Big Swole
04-23-2009, 05:29 PM
I love knowing that I have the best in my new build!!

Thanks Don!!

Ragged Edge
04-23-2009, 06:15 PM
What R They?

The Spartans are a stock common rail tappet that is heat treated, surface finished/polished and finally treated with low friction material.

Why Use Them?

They are specifically for the Spartan and Helix 2 Billet camshafts. They provide a lower friction, lower heat, and a super finish to withstand sliding and rubbing against the 8620 steel cam lobes.

When 2 Use Them?

They can run on any cam surface, but are optimized for the lobe hardness and surface finish on the Spartan and Billet Helix 2 cams. All Spartan and Helix 2 Billet cams need these tappets.

Where Do U Produce?

All processes are done right here in house currently. 100%. This is why the price is so low. We ask that only customers of the Spartan and Helix cams purchase them. The cost of the tappets is actually higher than we sell them at currently. Unless we can produce thousands of tappets per month. I dont see that happening any time soon.

How Do U Produce Them?

Some of the processing is better left unsaid, but much of it is obvious to anyone. Our surface finish is better than a typical tappet. With a roughness average much lower. Some heat treating tweaks allow the tappet to live a long and healthy life as well. The low friction treatment is part of the metal so it will not flake away or chip like a plated part could.

Below is a couple of photos. The first is after heat treatment and finishing. The second is after coating.

Will the cams you sell produce good power at or above 5500rpm i'm pullin in the unlimited turbo class with a 3.5 turbo