PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP, 95' 7.3 injector? harness?

SixOhh
04-25-2009, 01:57 PM
i have been at this 7.3 all morning....

check engine light is on, very rough idle, no power, dieseling on a few cylinders.

code reader tells me ICP circuit has low voltage. i have replaced the CPS and the ICP, and the code reader still tells me the circuit has low voltage.

now this is all relevant to whatever is setting off the eng light, because i can leave it idling and every now and again the check engine light will go away and the truck will idle and drive just fine as soon as the light is off, the code will clear on the PCM, and it will drive just fine until the code is thrown again and the truck will go back to the rough idle, misfire, and VERY low power.

i am wondering if the injector wiring harness is to blame. and i have also heard it is common for the injector plug to come loose on the injector itself.

any thoughts on this problem? where to start?

thanks in advance.

SixOhh
04-26-2009, 08:49 PM
awesome

78cumminsconv
10-12-2009, 08:35 PM
i know it has ben a while but i was wondering if you ever figured out the problem? i have a 02 psd that is giving the same code my dad is a mechanic and could not find the problem. he has a truck like mine and has tried swapping idm, swapping injectors, valve cover gaskets and wiring harnesses on both sides, it is to the point that i would like to burn the truck? anybody herd of such a thing?