PDA

View Full Version : IRR being deployed much?

FullOutPwr
04-29-2009, 03:05 PM
I've been separated for 4 years and haven't heard a peep. Then out of the blue get orders to report for muster at Whiteman AFB. Right before I got out they trained myself and others at the fire station (Ellsworth AFB) for convoy protection... now I'm wondering.. Its supposedly only for records update but we all know how that goes.

DevilDogDiesel
04-29-2009, 04:52 PM
In the Marine Corps they do not deploy guys in thier first or last year in the IRR.

JohhnyFoxtrot
04-29-2009, 10:12 PM
There has been alot of IRR guys pulled from Illinois. Most came back in some made excuses to not be deployable.

JFlagg
04-30-2009, 07:10 AM
I know one guy in my unit that got out and went IRR to finish his last 8 months... well a month later he got called up and deployed with our unit. :(
There was another guy on the news a few years back that was 3 DAYS away from retirement here in STL that got called up and deployed... that would have pissed me off like no other! I'm glad I have a P3 and am non-deployable now :D

zstroken
04-30-2009, 07:28 AM
What is a P3??

JohhnyFoxtrot
04-30-2009, 10:25 AM
Akind of profile. I have a P2 on hearing but have it waived. I am surprised you are allowed to stay in not being deployable. They are kicking everyone out like that in Illinois as much as were deployed.

zstroken
04-30-2009, 10:30 AM
Well what does this mean? What kind of profile? Like your physically unable to do things, or ????

MAXTORQ
04-30-2009, 02:16 PM
Anytime you are a medical profile such as P2 thru P4 you are undeployable even in CONUS. Now I have seen exceptions to the rule regarding a P2 status.

P just stands for Physical Profile.

Colorado
04-30-2009, 11:01 PM
Just go to the muster, it's more than likely ust records update and they are gonna try and sell you the reenlistment thing.
I had one a while back, had to drive two hours one way to it and it only took 15 minutes.

Dave

JFlagg
05-01-2009, 06:01 AM
Well what does this mean? What kind of profile? Like your physically unable to do things, or ????

Yeah, P3 is a physical profile catagory... I'm practically not allowed to do anything. No lifting over 20 lbs, no sit-ups, and most everything else is at my own pace and distance...:( They are currently in the process of getting me my VA disability percentage then I'm out... my unit doesn't keep non-deployable soldiers since we are mobilized almost constantly.

By the way, if you're curious, I broke my back when I didn't have enough parachute to slow my fat ass back in 99... one broken back later I'm now the proud owner of constant back pain and probably alot of arthritis down the road. :(