PDA

View Full Version : 7.3 teck help

fordtk12
12-18-2006, 01:14 PM
I own a 99.5 superduty. Have AFE stage 2 intake Banks intercooler, stage 2 single shot injectors, pro comp valve springs, head studs, had the heads decked, turbo from Force Performance, 4" turbo back exhaust going into dual stacks. custom tunned 6 position chip, performnace rebuilt tranny, and a leveling kit on the front. I just got the injectors done, head work and am having problem with it when standing on it hard. I think it might not be getting enough fuel. I did put one of the Fass Fuel pumps on but think maybe I need the bigger lines or something I am not sure. At 28lbs of boost and about 2800 2900 rpms it cuts out and if I dont let off the throttle right away it cuts out harder until it sounds like it is going to shut off. After I do that if I touch the trottle after about 3-4 seconds it cuts out again. After I leave off for a little longer then it is fine. Does anyone have any ideas or maybe had this problem themself and know what to do.

fordtk12
12-18-2006, 01:16 PM
sorry tech help

Timbeaux
12-18-2006, 01:36 PM
did you get tunes for the injectors?

mattymx
12-18-2006, 06:04 PM
Sounds like you could be running out of high pressure oil. Are you able to check your injection pressure? Also if you can, check your fuel pressure while you drive it.

UNBROKEN
12-18-2006, 07:23 PM
I'd definetly be looking at fuel and oil pressure.

fordtk12
12-18-2006, 08:26 PM
I had put a rebuild oil pump on it but I am running single shot injectors so I didn't think that I would need a dual pump or anything, but i was driving it tonight and was going steady at 50-55 mph when it cut out like it does when I stand on it. and then i remember something, My truck was sitting most of the summer due to me working on it here and there but before I started do the work to it and I was driving it, it was doing that just cutting out when I was driving along steady, sooooo now I am counting out the fact that it is running out of fuel and oil pressure, and YES I DO HAVE THE CHIP TUNED FOR THE INJECTORS BUT like I said with this new info that I just remembered I don't think that is the problem but I do maybe think it is a module or something electrical. I just had an idea the only thing I did to it that was close to the same time that it started cutting out before I did the injectors and all was put a wire piece on the MAP sensor to block it from seeing over boost. I am going to take that off tommorrow and see if it will still do it.

csipsd
12-18-2006, 08:31 PM
Get a regulator from ITP, allows the MAP sensor to see pressure up to 20 psii and then stops... Might be the problem...

oldschoolPSD
12-18-2006, 08:55 PM
could be valve cover wiring harness...

sure sounds like a weak HPOP though

mattymx
12-18-2006, 09:09 PM
It could also be the IPR... Clean it out and see if that helps.