clearance with twins.

daithi2

Nevermore
anyone have any problems? seems the hood is going to hit the primary and heater will be in the way as well.

1241443871.jpg

1241443891.jpg

Is that wastgate acuator for a twins set up? your truck a D150?, looks like the motor is sitting back alot.

I have seen 90s that will fit back there but there would have to be some fab work to get it to mount the big charger, its possable...

Is that wastgate acuator for a twins set up? your truck a D150?, looks like the motor is sitting back alot.

I have seen 90s that will fit back there but there would have to be some fab work to get it to mount the big charger, its possable...

Yea it's an II silver bullet, bottom turbo is a big brother. Truck is a 89 d250.

How much did the P-Pump swap cost ya? How much time was involved? I like the idea of a lighter weight first gen but trying to figure the cost of adding a P-pump.

If I can get a 1st gen for 1K less than a similar second gen, is it worth it, or is it still cheaper to buy a ppumped second gen?

Looks like twins are a tighter fit for sure!!! Good luck and get creative, ever look at a D-max twin setup? If people can fit twins in a D-max, you ought to be able to fit three in that 89!

How much did the P-Pump swap cost ya? How much time was involved? I like the idea of a lighter weight first gen but trying to figure the cost of adding a P-pump.

If I can get a 1st gen for 1K less than a similar second gen, is it worth it, or is it still cheaper to buy a ppumped second gen?

Looks like twins are a tighter fit for sure!!! Good luck and get creative, ever look at a D-max twin setup? If people can fit twins in a D-max, you ought to be able to fit three in that 89!

Motor/pump is from a 97.

If the compressor housing will clear the hood you can get an mechanically adjustable wastegate actuator! I.I. might have one but E.D. for sure does.

Jim

thanks Jim, ill check it out.

talked to cumminsexpress on moparts he didnt have a heater to clear so he didnt have this problem.

i mocked up the secondary and it looks like i will need to toss my heater also. the secondary is kinda close to frame. i tried getting the secondary closer to the motor but it hits the pyro and drive taps.
i clocked the primary to the correct position and it might clear if i take out the hood supports.

1241533717.jpg

1241533670.jpg

1241533633.jpg

I've had a couple of different combos on my first gen, but never a big brother. I've heard they are big. I wouldn't want to go much larger than this GT47. How thick is your manifold spacer on the top charger?

Twins

Is there any chance to get a pic of how your are mounting the bottom turbo? Just starting to get ideas for a set of twins. Thank you.

That looks entirely too hard to fit in there that way...I installed them a little differently in the 1st gen we put them in...

I'll see if I can find pics...
Chris

No, its all good its your truck, You know how i feel about that!!
Chris did a Awesome Job, We where just seeing where the turbo would give us the most clearance and that is how it ended up, the pieces just fell together. The next thing we know we looked down and it was finished!!

i dont have a finished pic, its all done now, but heres what it looked like, only difference now its its all painted and welded up.

1254556957.jpg

Back