PDA

View Full Version : Idea for lower EGTs

trev1981
01-02-2007, 06:48 PM
I found this air/water intercooler on ebay, if you put it between the stock intercooler and the motor, i think it would work really well. if you put it between the intercooler and the motor with some waterlines and an aluminum holding tank(one gallon) and a 12 volt pump,

What do you think?

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o117/trev43081/au-awic02-1.jpg

Trapper
01-03-2007, 05:35 AM
I don't know how much are they asking for it? and it looks kinda small.

DONK78
01-03-2007, 06:56 PM
Not sure what these guys are selling this for but I found an add in a recent copy of one of the new diesel magazines about them. The overall idea is there, it wil most likely help a lot with EGT's and turbo spooling but they were retailing for $3400 for the 12 valve set up. Though I was very interested in the set up, I thought the price was a little out there.

MKoth
01-03-2007, 07:25 PM
Ok...I already said this on the other forum, but here goes again.

An air to water intercooler will not do a damn thing for intake air temps that a stock or aftermarket air to air wont do, unless you run a pump and a large tank full of ice water.

It will not be usable on the street, unless you want to stop at every corner store and buy a bag of ice.

Burner
01-03-2007, 08:01 PM
Ok...I already said this on the other forum, but here goes again.

An air to water intercooler will not do a damn thing for intake air temps that a stock or aftermarket air to air wont do, unless you run a pump and a large tank full of ice water.

It will not be usable on the street, unless you want to stop at every corner store and buy a bag of ice.

...Agreed.

moneymaker44
01-04-2007, 06:29 PM
as small as that thing is the air under boost pressure would pass through it so fast it would not cool anything unless you had some really cold water in it.

so I agree it would not help.