PDA

View Full Version : clutch wont disengauge properly

Lostnwalmart
01-03-2007, 10:25 PM
Hey guys ive been having intermitent problem recently with my truck not disengaugeing the clutch all the way. I can start the truck and it wont go into gear but if the truck has been driven for a while then it will go in to gear but not easily. when driving it shifts absolutly horrable and if idleing in gear the truck will idle forward like it is an automatic. Im guessin it it either the master / slave cylinder, or the pressure plate is going bad on me. The current pressure plate was instaled about 3 months ago by myself and i followed all manufactuar specs to the letter. so im thinking it may be the hydraluics. this all came about after i did some boosted launches with the truck (about 10 psi) and it sliped in 3rd pretty bad but would still shift properly. and the next day would go into gear but not easily it got better but now its getting worse. any help would be great im leaing more towards hydraluics and will go with the southbend kit ffor a replacement, the clutch never had qny problems before that night so im thinking i may have done something. how ever there are moments even now of perfect operation, its jsut confusing the crap out of me but is getting so bad i know it need to be fixed. thx for the help guys.
and sorry about the book
-cliff

Timbeaux
01-03-2007, 10:31 PM
You called Peter at SB? he may have your answer...I honestly have no idea.

Billysgoat
01-03-2007, 11:34 PM
Sounds like hydraulics, give Peter a call, he can tell you what's wrong and how to fix it.