PDA

View Full Version : Texas Auto Liquidators!!!!!!

luke h
06-13-2009, 06:38 PM
Well im sittin in the hotel room in dallas right now, come down here to pickup and pay for an 05 dodge they had listed on ebay that i called about. The pictures looked good and me and the salesman finally agreed on the price. I get things inline with the bank and i call them to make sure there wont be any surprises. they assure me the truck is in excellent shape other than a small dent in the bumper. Well after driving all night and this morning straight through from KY we got to there lot around 9. I immediatel noticed a variety of dents in the bedsides, rockerpanels etc. It was something i could deal with though. Well some mechanics came and opened up the gate so i could see the front of the truck and i discoverd the bumper was bent, out of lign, there was a dent shapped like a 2x4 right on the hood. at this point im really getting frustrated but i figd once the salesman got there i would point them out and offer him a lower price then what we agreed, well he gives his mechanic permission to give me the keys for the test drive and i immediately notice one of the wipers doesnt work, the other is so far off u can catch it through the driverside window, needed batterys, the trannsmission slips and it shakes like hell while driving... this vehicle was "independent" examined and received a good rating on everything.. in person it looks like hell. scratches, dog hair, mud undercoating, mispainted fender flares and an exhaust leak that sounds like some one put 5 ex gaskets on it and threw the other away, valves were chattering, had rail pressure problems, and i didnt even pop the hood to see what else i could find wrong with it.
The mechanic seen my disgust and offered to replace the ball joints, spindle & bearings and vertical links and sway bar. I didnt drive to Texas to get a truck that was going to have to have parts thrown on it the moment i got here. Best part is they werent even planning on using new parts and were just gonna rob me some parts from various vehicles.

LEARN FROM ME!!!! dont deal with these people!

Heres the ad

2005 Dodge Ram 2500 SLT 4WD at Texas Auto Liquidators, LLC | Arlington, Texas (http://txcars.net/web/974/vehicle/334287/2005-Dodge-Ram%202500-SLT%204WD-Arlington-Texas)

Not only am i out a full days worth of work, im out the price for the rental, hotel and gas and i have nothing to show for it!

Cumminsfever
06-13-2009, 06:55 PM
The pics look good. I understand why you'd go for it.
Note 2 self: Never trust an out of state car/truck salesman.

luke h
06-13-2009, 07:31 PM
Note to dealer,
Dont screw with me cause ill walk away from U even if im 800 miles from home. The truth would have saved us both alot. Atleast i can make a vaction out of it!

CREOLE_MUDDER
06-14-2009, 12:43 AM
sorry to hear about that

'Powerstroke7.3
06-19-2009, 04:19 PM
That sucks man.

Once again. You can never trust a car dealer.

CoonasswCummins
06-19-2009, 04:25 PM
That does suck! That is why I wouldn't even look at white trucks in Texas. Most are work trucks, or have been, and are beat to hell.

haloman
06-19-2009, 04:31 PM
That sucks to hear Luke. We didnt have near the problem you did when I got my truck from TX.

jordanjames81
06-19-2009, 04:35 PM
it sucks for him but things happen for a reason. i got my truck from Tn. from a dealer off ebay and things was fine but luke seems to be having problems trying to find him a truck

BFD99
06-20-2009, 01:24 AM
yeah i found mine on autotrader, in Tennessee, drove out, was as clean as advertised, and paid for it. It was a small town dealer i bought it from too though, not a huge dealer like the one you looked at. FYI. Good luck luke, when you head back through tulsa on your way north hit me up man!

luke h
06-21-2009, 06:25 PM
Yeah its been fun! Things are extremely busy at the shop so I just need to find one and get it. Ive had two trucks sold out from underneath me and one happened twice, once by the individual and once by the dealer he traded it into! Im just gonna stop looking and then one will fall right into my hands!

TxDiesel007
06-25-2009, 08:19 PM
thanks for sharing

was lookin at a couple of their trucks, cept both sold quicker than they could return my calls... Ill have my mechanic with me when or If i go look at one of their trucks..

RIck