PDA

View Full Version : Who's Going to be in Thompson Ohio July 11th?

Twisted Shifter
06-23-2009, 04:34 PM
This is shaping up to be a good event...... I have heard a few names.....

:tree:

Twisted Shifter
06-23-2009, 04:35 PM
http://www.nhrda.com/Flrz/0711a-XL.gif

Stingpuller
06-23-2009, 05:54 PM
I will be there to redeem myself! I will have a pizza and cheesburger diet to add that 10 lbs I was missing in Indy. I took the motor out and check everthing so I should be good to go. I hope to meet some new faces at Thompson and BS a little. Jeff

Twisted Shifter
06-23-2009, 08:46 PM
Just have 1/4 tank of fuel and you should be good!

Twisted Shifter
06-25-2009, 02:29 PM
Well it looks like its just you and me ... you want me to just send ya your trophy and contingency money now?

crzycowboy
06-26-2009, 06:20 AM
LOL I'll be there...no truck to race...but I'll have soome shinny stuff to show...LOL Not to mention I'm going to Truck Night at Yankee Lake to try and drum up a few people.

camomax
06-26-2009, 09:24 PM
Wouldnt miss it! We dont get enough races in Ohio! It'll be strange to not drive 8 hours to a race!

UNBROKEN
06-26-2009, 09:29 PM
I'm gonna try....totally work dependent right now though.

rocracing
06-27-2009, 01:30 PM
I have gotten quite a few calls from competitors that will be making the trip to Thompson. You guys should have a great turnout and i am predicting a new Super Street National record at this event:cheer:

crzycowboy
06-29-2009, 06:31 AM
Wouldnt miss it! We dont get enough races in Ohio! It'll be strange to not drive 8 hours to a race!

LOL yeah, Ohio could use a few more diesel race's, hopefully that can happen in the future.

I'm gonna try....totally work dependent right now though.

That would be cool if you could make it Richard. I know you probably wont race, but I'm sure the guys here would love to see that truck of yours!

I have gotten quite a few calls from competitors that will be making the trip to Thompson. You guys should have a great turnout and i am predicting a new Super Street National record at this event:cheer:

To bad you can't make it this year Randy, but I'm sure Chris is up to the challange..LOL...I've already warned him to NOT stay in that hotel you had last year...LOL

JOHNBOY
06-29-2009, 06:35 AM
I have two pulls that week but I still am planning on going.:rockwoot:

Hopefully drier than last year.:doh:

crzycowboy
06-29-2009, 06:53 AM
I have two pulls that week but I still am planning on going.:rockwoot:

Hopefully drier than last year.:doh:

No doubt...it took like 3 days for my boots to dry out...:doh:

DZL JIM
06-30-2009, 09:10 AM
See you there with the 'new' beater, good or bad...

Twisted Shifter
06-30-2009, 09:33 AM
I talked to a few guys this weekend that plan to make the trip.

joelc79
06-30-2009, 10:15 AM
I'll be there! Hopefully i can get some track time prior to the 11th.

Stingpuller
06-30-2009, 11:02 AM
I was told be a person you only drive 5 or 6 hours and then find a motel! That is after you remove the zip tie from the driveshaft:hehe:! Jeff

camomax
07-01-2009, 08:24 PM
I was told be a person you only drive 5 or 6 hours and then find a motel! That is after you remove the zip tie from the driveshaft:hehe:! Jeff

We dont all drive Holiday Inn on wheels! My kids mouths are only one foot from my ear! As for the zip tie, it will be dealt with accordingly.;)

Cummins Express
07-03-2009, 11:32 PM
I wish we could make it this year but we are in the middle of moving hopfuly we can get the truck out late in the year

crzycowboy
07-04-2009, 08:58 AM
I wish we could make it this year but we are in the middle of moving hopfuly we can get the truck out late in the year

To bad you cant make it, the track announcer still talks about your truck every now an again. Good luck with the move, and hope to catch ya at another event!

joelc79
07-06-2009, 08:18 AM
So what exactly is going on the friday night before? Dyno? is there more details im missing

crzycowboy
07-06-2009, 08:24 AM
So what exactly is going on the friday night before? Dyno? is there more details im missing

We're having an open house here at Grand Rock. We'll have some trucks here on show that we sponsor, along with a few other little goodies. No dyno though. The dyno shop we usually have dyno days with is booked up, and we could not get a mobile dyno ready to go fast enough. We'll have door prizes here at the open house along with a stack kit raffle!

Twisted Shifter
07-09-2009, 11:38 AM
Anyone looking for a hotel room, good luck. The prices are high for some reason, but I was able to get the Comfort Inn to take $36.00 a night off the rooms. You will need to call them directly and let them know you are with the NHRDA and they should only charge you $99.99 a night.

Comfort Inn.
1860 Austinburg Rd
Austinburg, OH 44010
(440) 275-2711

joelc79
07-09-2009, 12:46 PM
So does anyone know if they will have a test n tune on friday eve. I know they usually do before a scheduled show. I found nothing on their web site and their phone number is a recording. I guess i'll be going to Quaker in Salem friday. I just havn't run my truck with my new set up and would like to get some runs on it. I'm one of those who waits till the last minute anyways.

crzycowboy
07-09-2009, 12:48 PM
So does anyone know if they will have a test n tune on friday eve. I know they usually do before a scheduled show. I found nothing on their web site and their phone number is a recording. I guess i'll be going to Quaker in Salem friday. I just havn't run my truck with my new set up and would like to get some runs on it. I'm one of those who waits till the last minute anyways.

Unless there is a race going on Friday, I doubt they will be open. They're funny like that. You would think they would always be open on Friday for the locals. I can find out for you if they are open or not for sure.

crzycowboy
07-09-2009, 01:08 PM

Unless there is a race going on Friday, I doubt they will be open. They're funny like that. You would think they would always be open on Friday for the locals. I can find out for you if they are open or not for sure.

This is what I found out. If they found out they had some guys interested in a TNT this Friday last week some time, they could've arranged to be open. Since this is Thursday, they do not have enough time to arrange for the EMT's to be there and the personall to be there as well.

Sorry guys I tried.

joelc79
07-09-2009, 01:51 PM
gotcha dude!

Snedge
07-11-2009, 08:04 AM
Rainy day, Whats Thompson look like?

Twisted Shifter
07-11-2009, 12:44 PM
We got rained out. We got one round in before the rains came...... We are going to race tomorrow. The thunder and lightning was brutal!!!!!!

Gates open at 8am, first round of qualifying at 0930.

joefarmer
07-11-2009, 03:37 PM
See you guys at 8!!

joelc79
07-11-2009, 07:59 PM
X2 nice meeting the few that showed though.

Stingpuller
07-11-2009, 08:24 PM
Thanks for the tickets Josh. It was nice to finally meet you. Jeff

joelc79
07-12-2009, 01:24 PM
my motor is knocking now, glad i made it home.

crzycowboy
07-12-2009, 04:35 PM
We got rained out. We got one round in before the rains came...... We are going to race tomorrow. The thunder and lightning was brutal!!!!!!

Gates open at 8am, first round of qualifying at 0930.

Brutal? Don't you mean down right shocking? I can honestly say that Chris it the MOST ELECTIRKFYING MAN in the NHRDA...considering he and about 2 others got zapped when a lighting bolt hit somewhere near the NHRDA tent, and the Grand Rock tent. Which, by the way was tied down and still blew away!

See you guys at 8!!

It was good to see ya Brandon. That truck was running good earlier...sorry to hear about the problems though! :bang

X2 nice meeting the few that showed though.

It was good to see out there again. Thanks again for making the trip to the race...both days.

Thanks for the tickets Josh. It was nice to finally meet you. Jeff

You're welcome Jeff, nice meeting you too. Hope to see ya at the next event.

my motor is knocking now, glad i made it home.

:bang Keep us posted on what the outcome is on that knocking sound.

joefarmer
07-12-2009, 07:36 PM
If someone finds the other third of my exhaust wheel, let me know. :hehe:
http://www.firepunk.com/albums/nhrda_ohio_09/boom3.jpg

Remember to email me, Josh. ;)

JOHNBOY
07-12-2009, 08:21 PM

"You picked a fine to leave me turbine wheel"LOL

joelc79
07-12-2009, 08:41 PM
This happened today? I had no clue... during the diesel race or did you come out for time trials?

joefarmer
07-12-2009, 09:53 PM
Yep, my first qualifying pass. You wouldn't have guessed it- even the announcer assumed that I didn't know where the end of the track was located and shut down early. The real story is that I heard a pop as soon as the engine loaded in overdrive. I shut everything down and drove up out of the groove in case it puked oil. Pretty sure the wastegate hung and the turbine wheel said no way. Still ran 11.93@111 after braking hard at the 1000'. :rockwoot:

tjl
07-12-2009, 10:16 PM
[QUOTE=crzycowboy;781379]Brutal? Don't you mean down right shocking? I can honestly say that Chris it the MOST ELECTIRKFYING MAN in the NHRDA...considering he and about 2 others got zapped when a lighting bolt hit somewhere near the NHRDA tent, and the Grand Rock tent. Which, by the way was tied down and still blew away!

Thanks for the shocking good time yesterday Josh. It took about an hour to get the feeling back in my hand. I wish I could've come back today to see the trucks run.

Shambo
07-13-2009, 06:21 AM
[QUOTE=crzycowboy;781379]Brutal? Don't you mean down right shocking? I can honestly say that Chris it the MOST ELECTIRKFYING MAN in the NHRDA...considering he and about 2 others got zapped when a lighting bolt hit somewhere near the NHRDA tent, and the Grand Rock tent. Which, by the way was tied down and still blew away! QUOTE]

Chris You attractive STUD YOU:hehe:

crzycowboy
07-13-2009, 07:25 AM

Brandon, just looked, don't have your email. PM me it, and I'll send you the video I got of your pass, along with the pictures I got. Along with a file picture for your decal!

"You picked a fine to leave me turbine wheel"LOL

Now that's funny right there...LOL

Yep, my first qualifying pass. You wouldn't have guessed it- even the announcer assumed that I didn't know where the end of the track was located and shut down early. The real story is that I heard a pop as soon as the engine loaded in overdrive. I shut everything down and drove up out of the groove in case it puked oil. Pretty sure the wastegate hung and the turbine wheel said no way. Still ran 11.93@111 after braking hard at the 1000'. :rockwoot:

That's true, we all thought you might have not known that. Although I do recall hearing your truck make a loud POP sound....How long before you think you'll have her fixed?

Thanks for the shocking good time yesterday Josh. It took about an hour to get the feeling back in my hand. I wish I could've come back today to see the trucks run.

LOL no problem Tim. It took Chris about the same amount of time to get the feeling back as well. Sorry it dumped rain, but atleast the race track let us run on Sunday. Last year they didn't even offer that I don't think.

Chris You attractive STUD YOU:hehe:

LOL wouldn't go that far....LOL

12vchevydually
07-13-2009, 08:23 AM
Just wanted to say thanks had a great time, Hope to get my problem figured out and make some more hits on the truck.

crzycowboy
07-13-2009, 08:26 AM
Just wanted to say thanks had a great time, Hope to get my problem figured out and make some more hits on the truck.

Your truck was running pretty good for the most part. You had the older dodge truck Diesel World was shooting for a budget built race truck article he wants to work on.