PDA

View Full Version : Who bought Big Bad Dodge?

Robts
01-08-2007, 10:52 AM
Does anyone know what happen to it? I know it was on ebay and it sold it said but where does it stand?

RacinDuallie
01-08-2007, 11:00 AM
It came East... New York if I recall. The motor is getting repaired and it should be pulling out here in the east.

massdiesel
01-08-2007, 11:47 AM
It is here on the east in NY

diesel_ram_man
01-08-2007, 03:50 PM
Yes! made it over here to the east coast, maybe i'll be lucky enough to see it pull.

Timbeaux
01-08-2007, 03:55 PM
Why not go see a real mod truck Charley?

SmokeShow
01-08-2007, 08:19 PM
Is Scott building something else or out completely?

C-ya

lightsOUT
01-08-2007, 08:39 PM
:doh: oh great. not another one here!!! lol

Sledpuller
01-08-2007, 08:58 PM
Is Scott building something else or out completely?

C-ya
Scotts building a Mod Chevy....as soon as he can get the keys from his wife....

BigBadDodge
01-09-2007, 09:18 PM
It went to Joe Gambino of Brothers Diesel in Springville, NY 14141. He is doing the rebuild right now all new main studs, all new pistons, 14mm head studs, Fire rings, real water injection etc.... should run good when gets it dialed in.

Gene, I got the keys from her and sold it :) I then bought this, It will be here Sunday :)

http://www.bigbaddodge.com/Driver_qtr.jpg

BBD

gstanfield
01-09-2007, 09:27 PM
5.9 or 6.7?????

12valve
01-09-2007, 09:30 PM
For how much did it sell?

Sorry I didnt look!

BBD, what are the plans with that shiny new truck?

BTW very nice truck!!

NPloysa
01-10-2007, 08:25 AM
5.9 or 6.7?????

5.9, it's an '06 too!

gstanfield
01-10-2007, 03:58 PM
It sure is pretty. I didn't know those headlights were 06, shows how much I pay attention to new trucks.

George

inline6359
01-10-2007, 04:23 PM
How big of an area do you think they will pull in. any chances they will visit western PA?

Snedge
01-10-2007, 04:29 PM
5.9 or 6.7?????
Must be a 5.9 cuz it has a bed. No 6.7 yet outside off cab and chassis.

gstanfield
01-10-2007, 04:37 PM
I had thought the 6.7's with bed were going to be avaliable in Jan, but since it's an 06 it doesn't matter. Like I said before, I don't really pay attnetion to new trucks much.

George

BFD99
01-10-2007, 04:53 PM
ive seen a 6.7 Quad cab dually with a bed on it, it had the new badges on it and the guy had just gotten it 1 week before i saw it, this was back in december i believe.

getblown5.9
01-15-2007, 02:39 PM
Scott, is it true that your motor was ruined by the DDP injectors? someone said that was the cause of the engine failure. i love the DDP products and his injectors in my 24v make great power, so i wanna know why certain people are spreading bad things about them

JoeBob
01-18-2007, 05:21 PM
BBD-you shoulda got a blue one to match your new puller...what's up with that??

95ram
01-19-2007, 10:42 AM
I'd alos like to here about the DDP injectors. I'd heard the same thing.

gotta12v
01-20-2007, 07:07 PM
mabey it had somthing to do with 36* of timing with a camshaft with no overlap and high engine compression with twin turbos and a pathetic waterinjection setup. I can only imagine the cylinder pressure.

only a guess

wildmanben
01-20-2007, 10:57 PM
mabey it had somthing to do with 36* of timing with a camshaft with no overlap and high engine compression with twin turbos and a pathetic waterinjection setup. I can only imagine the cylinder pressure.

only a guess

It sure did pull went considering he must not have known how to build a truck according to you! :kick:

gotta12v
01-21-2007, 01:04 PM
a marine piston has 15.3:1 compression (not even close to low, we run 14:3 on our single charger street truck) also the cam shaft had no overlap. He had the truck setup to run well out of the range of the camshaft. Trying to spin over 5k rpm on a cam with no overlap will build insane egts and cylinder pressure.

it ran much better with ddp'3s and timing in the 20's

to run the setup he was using he needed about 13:1 compression and some decent overlap in his cam. durations closer to 190+ intake and 230+ exhaust

you cant just time a truck high because we do on the east coast without considering lots of other factors.

also a marine piston is not a good match with a twin charger truck. the top ring land is to high and it has a steel insert. It will crack the crown of the piston in high boost conditions. ask schied how many sets they ruined

oldsmokey97
01-21-2007, 01:35 PM
didnt piers Build the motor in the BBD????

Lance

AsTroSS
01-21-2007, 02:22 PM
a marine piston has 15.3:1 compression (not even close to low, we run 14:3 on our single charger street truck) also the cam shaft had no overlap. He had the truck setup to run well out of the range of the camshaft. Trying to spin over 5k rpm on a cam with no overlap will build insane egts and cylinder pressure.

it ran much better with ddp'3s and timing in the 20's

to run the setup he was using he needed about 13:1 compression and some decent overlap in his cam. durations closer to 190+ intake and 230+ exhaust

you cant just time a truck high because we do on the east coast without considering lots of other factors.

also a marine piston is not a good match with a twin charger truck. the top ring land is to high and it has a steel insert. It will crack the crown of the piston in high boost conditions. ask schied how many sets they ruined

intresting :pop:

gotta12v
01-21-2007, 06:52 PM
yes piers did build the motor and it ran well for 4 seasons, piers however did not set the timing on it.

Ive seen this happen several times, having multiple individuals work on the truck. The only person who should be making drastic tuning changes in the motor is the person who knows exactly what is in the motor down to the cam specs, compression ratio, drive pressures at given rpms.

The truck had a corsa data system on it, It is a wonderfull tool for tuning.

partsguy662
01-21-2007, 10:30 PM
I agree..What happened in the past is just that...In the past..
Scott is not on trial here.

wideopen
01-22-2007, 08:40 AM
OK Guys ..lets keep this on track..No Personal attacks are allowed!

RacinDuallie
01-22-2007, 09:11 AM
I think the rumor should be answered though: Is there gonna be a BBD#2??

getblown5.9
01-22-2007, 11:08 AM
im not ragging on anyone...i just wanted the answer from scott himself, or maybe the new owner who did the tear down on the motor. i wanna if the DDP injector really caused the failure because there is someone who telling everyone that who wants to buy injectors...apparently he only wants to sell Formula 1 stuff...

I too would like some Mach 6's, but i bought DDP4's (150hp) for $350 less than mach 4's, and i made 180hp over stock with injectors and a way oversized turbo for air, and my truck runs great with no injector problems

Burner
01-22-2007, 11:16 AM
I think the rumor should be answered though: Is there gonna be a BBD#2??

.............Survey says:__________________________

Burner
01-22-2007, 12:26 PM
:hehe:

BigBadDodge
01-22-2007, 09:08 PM
Damn fellers, this thread really went to hell in a handbasket :G

I would like to clear things up in NO way have I ever said that or has it ever been proved that the DDP4 injectors took my motor out. The number two piston was melted and your probably right about the timing and the daily driver style water injection it wasn't enough water and I probally should have dropped the timing down, my motor, my bad and I am still learning.

Several folks who remain unknown (its just not my style and you probally already know who they are) tried to get me to admit that the demise was the injectors and actully wanted me to send them to another maker of injectors for inspection. Being the honest trust worthy guy I am I couldn't do that, just not fare, so I pulled them had the guy's at a local shop inspect them and pop test etc....and couldn't find anything wrong with them, I then sent them back to DDP for inspection and they too said they were fine I sold them to a local sled puller here in the area and they have been in his daily driver for the past 5 months he loves them no issues. The injectors were not demise and IMO the DDP4's rock and I have suggested them to several folks in the past few months. Lets put this one to rest and to those who are claiming differently tell them they are wrong.

Okay now what is this Blue stuff you guy's talking about :)

BBD

THEKIDFAN
01-22-2007, 09:45 PM
Damn fellers, this thread really went to hell in a handbasket :G

I would like to clear things up in NO way have I ever said that or has it ever been proved that the DDP4 injectors took my motor out. The number two piston was melted and your probably right about the timing and the daily driver style water injection it wasn't enough water and I probally should have dropped the timing down, my motor, my bad and I am still learning.

Several folks who remain unknown (its just not my style and you probally already know who they are) tried to get me to admit that the demise was the injectors and actully wanted me to send them to another maker of injectors for inspection. Being the honest trust worthy guy I am I couldn't do that, just not fare, so I pulled them had the guy's at a local shop inspect them and pop test etc....and couldn't find anything wrong with them, I then sent them back to DDP for inspection and they too said they were fine I sold them to a local sled puller here in the area and they have been in his daily driver for the past 5 months he loves them no issues. The injectors were not demise and IMO the DDP4's rock and I have suggested them to several folks in the past few months. Lets put this one to rest and to those who are claiming differently tell them they are wrong.

BBD

Like I said your a great guy bud!!! There's quite a few of us that will always be in your corner! :Cheer:

RacinDuallie
01-23-2007, 04:35 AM
Scott, good luck on your next venture.:evil :evil :evil

getblown5.9
01-23-2007, 11:23 AM
thanks scott...some people just like to spout off at the mouth and bash other products because they sell the competitors stuff.

JerrodGlover
01-23-2007, 04:54 PM

BBD

I hear something about a truck from Pulling Mecah of the world going west to be BBD#2:pop: :pop: :pop:

BigBadDodge
01-23-2007, 09:46 PM
Jeff M, thanks bud, I got your back too : )

Thanks guy's on the luck thing, now were are you all hearing this stuff at :confused:

BBD

95ram
01-23-2007, 09:54 PM
Thanks for the info Scott. I'll refer all the nay sayers that I come across to this post. I have to say I love my DDP's and haven't had a lick of trouble with them.

TurboIHPower
02-02-2007, 09:50 PM
If I could get my cell phone to cooperate, I have pictures of the mutilated piston and block. Its a wonder that Joe got it to start.

Dazed&Confused
02-02-2007, 10:08 PM
So Scott are we going to see you pulling this year? I've heard through the grape vines as well you have or are purchasing another truck to build a puller. Then again this is all the things you hear.

Andy