PDA

View Full Version : Clutch wont release

killed300ex
06-29-2009, 07:12 PM
Wonderin if you guys might have any ideas what would cause this. 94 dodge upgraded input nv 4500 3600DD (If i remember right) New master/ slave from dodge within the past 4 months (Under 5k still full of nice clean fluid) Now you cant get the truck into gear with the motor running (If you pull on the shifter into gear it will start to grind not engage after a couple seconds) push in the clutch with it in gear it will slow down a small amount but still pull the truck forward, you have to hold the brakes and accelorator to keep the truck stoped and running. Shifts fine floating gears without the clutch. Pedal feels normal always been alittle chattery in nuetral hasnt seemed the change. Also you can hear the clutch movin when the pedal gets pushed in just not sure how much. but this whole problem started and came to a point where you couldnt drive it within 50 miles.
Any ideas what could cause this. I was thinking the master slave could be faulty or the throw out bearing?

Clutch has always been great since i bought it, same with customer service the couple times iv looked for help.
Thanks

ILLINOISRAM
06-29-2009, 07:20 PM
Probably need the upgraded hydros for that clutch.

parttimepuller
06-29-2009, 07:37 PM
yep. My puller does this as well but its got the IG in it...

tater_thrower76
06-29-2009, 07:38 PM
did your pressure plate have the four tabs to disengage the clutch? if so, i've had them crack and won't let it fully dis engage causing same symptoms you speak of...

Smokin Flatbed
06-29-2009, 07:39 PM
Mine was that way when I found the floater was cracked.

j-rod
06-29-2009, 09:20 PM
You lost a lever on the pressure plate. $.02